No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson Proves This 'Superman' is For Real

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson Proves This 'Superman' is For Real

by Cliff Rold - Just four months after one punching his way to the Light Heavyweight championship of the world, 36-year old Haitian lineal Light Heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson (22-1, 19 KO) of Longueuil, Quebec, Canada, cut 31-year old former IBF titlist Tavoris Cloud (24-2, 19 KO) of Tallahassee, Florida, over both eyes and landed a stream of big left hands to force a corner retirement after the seventh round at the Bell Center in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on Saturday night.

Cloud, making his first start since his title loss to Bernard Hopkins in March, suffers his second straight defeat following a widely decried win over former WBA titlist Gabriel Campillo in 2012.

Stevenson retains his place as champion of the WBC, Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, and Ring Magazine in his first defense. The champion scaled 173 ¾ for the bout, Cloud weighing in slightly heavier at 174 ½. The referee was Michael Griffin. [Click Here To Read More]

Good win... Good performance...Hopkins next??

Comment

I still dont get how people where orgasming more over Kovalev destroying Nobody Cleverly and GGG dedtroying journeyman Macklin more then Superman dropping THE CHAMP Dawson who just gave Hopkins his clearest loss since Jones Jr, like a sack of potatoes.

Now he proves hes the real deal again. He will ruin Kovalev

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I thought it was an awesome performance. He was straight feeling it the whole fight. Like a kid in a candy store.

Comment

He's fun to watch and while I didn't like him for his back story, I'll admit he's turning me into a fan with how he fights. He's fun to watch and I haven't had a favorite LHW in a LONG time Looking forward to what he does next. I'm sure it'll be on HBO. He seems to be one of the new wave of the guys HBO is pushing.

Comment

he will maybe beat kovalev then either loses to Bhop

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              He's fun to watch and while I didn't like him for his back story, I'll admit he's turning me into a fan with how he fights. He's fun to watch and I haven't had a favorite LHW in a LONG time Looking forward to what he does next. I'm sure it'll be on HBO. He seems to be one of the new wave of the guys HBO is pushing.
              that's wassup!!!...I don't like when people use a person's past to diminish any current success....Adonis defeated his demons and now he's doing the same to top LHWs.....respect!!!

Roy in his prime was the REAL Superman though....yall must've forgot!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                that's wassup!!!...I don't like when people use a person's past to diminish any current success....Adonis defeated his demons and now he's doing the same to top LHWs.....respect!!!

Roy in his prime was the REAL Superman though....yall must've forgot!!
                I don't want him to fight B-Hop though Philadel I'm pretty sure he gets schooled and I think Kovalev would get to him too. I think going for Bellew, then the big money match in Canada with the Pascal-Bute winner is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  I don't want him to fight B-Hop though Philadel I'm pretty sure he gets schooled and I think Kovalev would get to him too. I think going for Bellew, then the big money match in Canada with the Pascal-Bute winner is the way to go.
                  That's what's going to happen.

Stevenson-Pascal is a good fight.

Kovalev is going to get frozen out.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    That's what's going to happen.

Stevenson-Pascal is a good fight.

Kovalev is going to get frozen out.
                    Adonis' response in the post fight interview told me all I needed to know about Kovalev in his future stutter, mumble, "my promoter...".

Stevenson-Bellew, Pascal-Bute, and Stevenson-Bellew winner VS. Pascal-Bute winner are 3 good LHW fights and would have great fight atmospheres in Canada. Stevenson-Pascal in Montreal live on HBO? I could get pretty pumped for that bout

Comment

Working...
                    X