Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Won’t Floyd Mayweather Pick Up His ‘Easy’ $75 Mil and Fight Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twako View Post
    we know there's a lot of things to work out to make this mega fight happen. but what's funny is the flowm0s who btw also call themselves hardcore boxing fans, doesn't seem to want this to happen. they just seem content to parrot whatever floyd wants, not what THEY want as boxing fans.

the only resume if any that's going to be tainted here is floyd's if this fight wont ever happen. i never read any article that even labeled pac a coward because the fight didn't happen, almost always it's floyd.
    no floyd fan is saying the fight shouldn't happen. Its just that a fight with sergio martinez @ 160 for the lineal mw title is more important and a better fight than floyd v manny.

Since the most credible media/writers have been discussing this fight and/or a GGG fight, the pac fringe fans like spoon23 and scoop malinowski and the rest of the "fans" at that website have been pushing manny v floyd.

Yes casual fans still wanna see it becasue they know both names the most, and thats a good thing. Frankly, sergio or ggg is the more compelling fight than manny right now.

Comment

Lets be honest if the shoe was on the other foot nobody would be calling for this fight. I hope it happens so I can see the hurt in all the Manny fans eyes as they leave the arena the same way to pro-Canelo crowd left it was priceless.

Comment

How many of you all right now believe that Manny Pacquiao beats Floyd Mayweather? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's about a handful of stans that would actually put there Money on Manny. So, at this point, I really do not understand why you are asking for the fight. It seems like you all at this point understand that he won't win, so you have resorted too "it's still the biggest money fight out, that's why it should happen". When before it was "Floyd only fights for money and we hate him for it". Are you begging for the fight to happen so you can say "oh, Floyd beat a Manny on a losing streak" or do you really want to see this fight because you genuinely believe that Manny is going to win?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          no floyd fan is saying the fight shouldn't happen. Its just that a fight with sergio martinez @ 160 for the lineal mw title is more important and a better fight than floyd v manny.

Since the most credible media/writers have been discussing this fight and/or a GGG fight, the pac fringe fans like spoon23 and scoop malinowski and the rest of the "fans" at that website have been pushing manny v floyd.

Yes casual fans still wanna see it becasue they know both names the most, and thats a good thing. Frankly, sergio or ggg is the more compelling fight than manny right now.
          you think those fights would happen at their max weight? heck, even fighting a co-belt holder in the same weight class was at a catchweight of 152.

Comment

Let Pac fight Canelo at 152 and win, then he would get a guaranteed shot at Floyd. Canelo would obliterate him. Pac was never good at all without the juice, and now he is done! Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
              Still a money fight. The Money fight plus the recognition of having to have a Pacquiao fight on Floyd's resume. See the point there. If you are serious about your profession about being a boxer you want Pacquiao on your record.

You hardcore floyd fans don't want none of that? You guys are Floyd mayweather cheerleaders who would roll over anytime Floyd says so lol
              Why do you believe Pacquiao is this be all end all top 5 name that you need to cement your legacy? Dude you are cheerleading. Manny's 1 of many great fighters, let his sack go.

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
                How many of you all right now believe that Manny Pacquiao beats Floyd Mayweather? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's about a handful of stans that would actually put there Money on Manny. So, at this point, I really do not understand why you are asking for the fight. It seems like you all at this point understand that he won't win, so you have resorted too "it's still the biggest money fight out, that's why it should happen". When before it was "Floyd only fights for money and we hate him for it". Are you begging for the fight to happen so you can say "oh, Floyd beat a Manny on a losing streak" or do you really want to see this fight because you genuinely believe that Manny is going to win?
                not a big fan of either. I want to see it because it's still two legends. The two best of the era. And the alternatives suck. Mayweather/Khan? Pacquiao/Alavardo? No thanks.

Comment

It's going to be a competitive fight for sure if this fight ever happens next year. I just want to see this 2 to tussle as a fan who loves boxing. An offensive fighter vs a defensive fighter. This is the reason why it was so intriguing before and still is.

If PAC still has his jaw and he looks good in the rios fight. Yes I believe he is a threat to Floyd. Cotto was offensive and gave a lot of hurt to Floyd, what more if the best offensive fighter and a lefty too puts the hurt game on Floyd.

Floyd proved he still got it. Now if PAC proves he still got it the rios fight. I'm pretty sure this fight will get the hype train back again.

You guys should remember PAC really won the Bradley fight and was toying with Marquez up to the point he got careless and got knocked out. Any great fighter can get knocked out. Ali did as well. So to say Pac s washed up coz of that one shot is lame. He will bounce and has a few fights left in him. So while they still got it and still marketable this 2 should fight soon.

Comment

You guys keep forgetting the big picture. Floyd is all about the money fight. And this still is the biggest money fight to date. And Arum is all about money, Floyd is all about money. So there is no reason this shouldn't be made.

Even crooks have a code of trust amongst themselves when it comes to money. So I don't see why it shouldn't be made, unless one is chickening out.
                    You are assuming to much while not knowing enough.

Floyd has never walked away from the fight. Arum and pac have left the deal on the table twice now and blame it on floyds demands. Floyd has never walked away from the fight

Comment

It's a no brainer. It still "THE MONEY FIGHT.'

only a coward wouldn't want this. Plus the fact that who wouldn't want a win over Pacquiao in his resume' An elite boxer would want a win over him, aside from the fame there is the money to go with it. See the logic there.

What's the hold up Floyd? Arum is it? Come on. Arum is all about money. This is the money fight. It doesn't hold much to say its Arum's fault.

As I said crooks have a code of honor when it comes to money. Don't see why 2 greedy camps can't dance unless one doesn't want to dance with the other.
                      you seem to be have your mind made up. If arum was all about the money why didnt they agree to the tests. the first negotiations had nothing to do with money. It was 50/50 split but pac walked away from it over testing. You tell me who is ducking now.

Comment

Working...
                      X