Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: 30 Lucas Matthysse rabbit/behind-head/illegal shots; 22 Garcia illegal shots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people pretending dirty fighting wasn't a tactic of Garcia's in this fight? It very clearly was. He wanted to physically bully the big puncher, and it worked. Trying to blame every single obvious low blow on "his head being pulled down" is ridiculous.

Garcia fans are whining a hell of a lot more than Matthysse fans are.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Why are people pretending dirty fighting wasn't a tactic of Garcia's in this fight? It very clearly was. He wanted to physically bully the big puncher, and it worked. Trying to blame every single obvious low blow on "his head being pulled down" is ridiculous.

Are you serious?!? Where are all the threads of Garcia fans whining?!? Get real man. We're acknowledging the low blows but they were mostly landed on the elbow/hip, or Danny had his head pulled down. One low blow was clean and that was when Weeks took the point off. Don't pretend you don't see the rabbit punches either. Don't worry a video is coming though.

Comment

Not really,and I'm pretty shock at you with this as well..Garcia had the right game plan bro..It was to bully Matt's physically..I don't believe it was to intentionally low blow(which I believe this thread is trying to insinuate)which once again sounds like bitterness and sore losers imo..

Guy's is acting like we watch Mares vs Agbeko 2 or something..It was far from that..Oh and btw they both fought a bit dirty in there..Matt's holding Garcia head down and hitting to the back not to mention the rabbit punches..No need to get made that Garcia was better at it..

It's a fight for christsakes

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
          Are you serious?!? Where are all the threads of Garcia fans whining?!? Get real man. We're acknowledging the low blows but they were mostly landed on the elbow/hip, or Danny had his head pulled down. One low blow was clean and that was when Weeks took the point off. Don't pretend you don't see the rabbit punches either. Don't worry a video is coming though.
          Thank you,guy's are really crying about this..I'm in shock I swear..

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
            Every thread about the fight has people who picked Garcia in it whining about people whining, even if no one is whining. Any conversation about the fight that isn't, "Garcia schooled him!" draws the same ****ing people whining about people trying to discredit Danny. No one can even talk about the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              Not really,and I'm pretty shock at you with this as well..Garcia had the right game plan bro..It was to bully Matt's physically..I don't believe it was to intentionally low blow(which I believe this thread is trying to insinuate)which once again sounds like bitterness and sore losers imo..

Guy's is acting like we watch Mares vs Agbeko 2 or something..It was far from that..Oh and btw they both fought a bit dirty in there..Matt's holding Garcia head down and hitting to the back not to mention the rabbit punches..No need to get made that Garcia was better at it..

It's a fight for christsakes
              I'm not getting mad at all. Garcia fought physical and dirty to throw Lucas off his game. I don't have a problem with that. It's boxing. You get away with whatever the ref lets you get away with.

My problem is people pretending Garcia wasn't doing that.

Comment

I'm not getting mad at all. Garcia fought physical and dirty to throw Lucas off his game. I don't have a problem with that. It's boxing. You get away with whatever the ref lets you get away with.

Are you saying Matt's was not fighting dirty as well??Cause if you are,that is false..

I have no issue with anyone talking about the fight at all..Just be fair,that both had spots of fighting dirty,and the reason Garcia won was not due to low blows are dirty fighting..He won with footwork good counter punching and a better game plan..That's the issue I believe most have with comments like Garcia fought dirty..Some try to make it the reason he won,which is horse ****..

Comment

While at it and to be fair.....why wont you make a video of the 100 blows behind the head Lucas hit Danny with??

Danny knew that hitting the body would take the power away from Lucas and just about any hard hitting puncher. The body shots hurt Lucas, he was not ready for that. Yes, the one blow was low and the point taken was deserved.
                  Lucas held Danny's head down allot of times he was warned for that many times too.

At the end of the day Danny controlled Lucas and clearly won, add that point back to Danny and that would only made Lucas worse.

Move on Lucas fans, the Danny that was suppose to be out by 3 exposed took his best punches, fought back, knocked down and exposed your fighter.

War Danny Garcia!!

Comment

Great post. I think it was part of the gameplan and that's how boxing works. If there's someone to blame is Tony Weeks or Lucas itself. He should have complained more.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                      Just made the video, tell me what you think.

Fantastic video! Thanks for providing incontrovertible proof that Garcia was fouling at a high rate! I knew Danny was going off with the low-blows, but even I didn't think he fouled that many times. Twenty two? Shit. And to the guys that have been saying the low-blows were mostly due to Matthysse holding Garcia's head down, I saw three instances of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X