No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather…Period: BScene Pound-for-Pound Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather…Period: BScene Pound-for-Pound Update

For the moment, there is just no debate.

With Andre Ward on the shelf for over a year, any case he had made as the sports new elite is supplanted by Floyd Mayweather showing he remains the game’s enduring elite. For 15 years, he has done nothing but rule the championship circles of any division he was in.

With a win over Canelo Alvarez, he lays claim as the real Jr. Middleweight king, his fourth lineal title in five divisions. Only Manny Pacquiao, ever, has won as many of history’s crowns. Soon, he is likely to match and perhaps surpass the mark for most title fight wins without a loss. [Click Here To Read More]

Rigondeaux has to be at #2... And Danny Garcia at #4...
    Andre Ward has to fight a living body again, before being ranked at #2... Excuses...

Comment

Martinez, don't know how long he will hang on for.

Comment

Outside of Mayweather, Ward, and Marquez, the p4p list has been shook up so much this year. It's hard to say anything negative about who is in or out of the list. I'm sure most will think Wlad should be higher. IMO the clear five best boxers in the world are Mayweather, Ward, Marquez, Rigo, and Wlad. And of course Marquez could end up going down against Bradley.

I love seeing Froch that high though, war Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Rigondeaux has to be at #2... And Danny Garcia at #4...
          Andre Ward has to fight a living body again, before being ranked at #2... Excuses...
          ?????

No.

Comment

I always felt and feel that Martinez should be ranked higher. Some list Manny Pacquiao is over him and that's B.S.

Comment

Not too bad of a list but these lists are always going to piss someone off. Wlad should be higher than that though.

Comment

I like the names on this list. We can fight over the order until the end of time but I think they have the correct fighters on there. I'm sure you can argue putting Bradley or Donaire on there as well though. I also like that fighters from the lower weight classes are getting some acknowledgement. Guys like Roman Gonaxalez and Juan Estrada are elite in my eyes.

Comment

Swift and Wlad should be in the top 5 imo

Comment

List is okay but 2 and 3 should be wladimir and vitali period. They don't get credit for dominating the HW division for so many years. It's not their fault there is in no legit competition.

Comment

Working...
                    X