Comments Thread For: Lara: I Would Retire Angulo, I Can Beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
    Let me guess... women's intuition?
    Lara is a bigger threat than Guerrero and Alvarez for sure. If you were a real "big boxing fan", you'd know that.
    Of course.............. with Lara there will be no chenge, 46 tried 46 failed.
    Even tho Lara is skilled is nowhere near Floyd's level. Floyd beats Lara easily.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
      I wasn't aware that cable gets half. Plus, you didn't factor in the gate, concessions, merchandise sales, or anything else. I think the show did more than 800k. But even if that's what it did, I'm sure Showtime didn't take much of a loss, if any.
      The network normally doesn't see any of the gate, though here the network and promoter are almost one. Forbes said they were rumored to have taken a 12m loss, which is huge. It's more than offset by the Canelo PPV, I'm just explaining why the threshold for success is much higher here. Even a 100k shortfall is a very big loss, $3m+. You can make a couple of good cards with that.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
        Of course.............. with Lara there will be no chenge, 46 tried 46 failed.
        Even tho Lara is skilled is nowhere near Floyd's level. Floyd beats Lara easily.
        Lara is a counter puncher too, and knows how to move in the ring. I'm not saying Lara beats Floyd, but it's so funny the way some of you guys say Floyd beats X "easily"...

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          Floyd wouldnt fight this man.
          Reasons. #1 he only has 18 wins.#2 He has a loss on his record
          #3 He has two draws.
          you left out reason number 4. and that reason is the exact reason for pacquiao. he's not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! NO ONE in BOXING is slower than Perro. Perro's speed is no where NEAR Canelo's. I dare you to make a poll, and see how much red K you get for trolling!! Lara is twice as quick as Canelo, but he still had problems with Perro who is twice as slow as Lara? Does that make ANY sense? All I know is that Lara cant handle pressure. If a fighter like Canelo puts pressure on him, he wont be able to run around the ring, one dimensionally potshotting the same way. He will have to change up his looks like Floyd did. Lara does not have what it takes to survive pressure from a real fighter. He barely did it with Perro and Perro is such a terrible, terrible, fighter.
            Kid, Angulo was on top of Lara for the whole fight, they fought on the smallest ring they could find on top of that they didn't let Lara dehydrate, while Angulo went up 21 pounds, and you are saying that Lara can't handle pressure, like I some say you are tripping, beside ginger only throws 10 punches per round if he goes over that you have bring some oxygen
            Last edited by garfios; 09-22-2013, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              I like what he said. He wants to earn it by beating Canelo, Martinez, Trout or Molina
              I LOVED reading that. Get this man in the ring with the ginger. Do it Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                you left out reason number 4. and that reason is the exact reason for pacquiao. he's not good enough.
                Youre right ...Floyd is NOT good enough to fight him. Hence the reason Floyd will not fight then Man.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                  Lara could never beat Molina I don't think. I think he would present some problems for Floyd, but he'd lose. He could probably beat Cotto, but I doubt he'd ever be given that chance. His best course of action is to retire Angulo, and then either secure a fight with Canelo or the Martirosyan-Andrade winner.
                  damn, never?? I think Lara is capable of beating Molina, it won't be easy of course. As boring as the fight would probably be, it would help organize the division.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
                    WAR LANDY LARA!!!!

Give this guy the fights he wants and he will deliver. He beats Molina and Angulo in a rematch convincely. If he gets a shot at Mayweather if would be a solid fight.

Lara has a great thumb punch that will blow up Mayweather eyes if they fight haha
                    Lara already got beat by Molina

I don't see the hype over this guy he ran against vanes and got dropped twice by slow sluggish angulo.....

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                      Floyd would walk down Lara and beat him up pretty badly. Lara cant handle pressure, and Canelo is far bigger and stronger than Lara. Floyd walked Canelo down, trapped him on the ropes, and beat that giant up. Lara may have footwork, but the problem is Floyd does too. Floyd can turn his on, off, go flatfooted, and fly out of the way when you least expect it! But I think Lara is still a good opponent for Floyd at 54! Lara, Molina, Kirkland. I would like to see Peter Quillin come down in weight.
                      I would love to see that.

Comment

Working...
                      X