No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: I Would Retire Angulo, I Can Beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
    You tripping kid, get off the paint spray, angulo hit harder than ginger and is as slow than him, Lara is twice as quick as ginger too.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! NO ONE in BOXING is slower than Perro. Perro's speed is no where NEAR Canelo's. I dare you to make a poll, and see how much red K you get for trolling!! Lara is twice as quick as Canelo, but he still had problems with Perro who is twice as slow as Lara? Does that make ANY sense? All I know is that Lara cant handle pressure. If a fighter like Canelo puts pressure on him, he wont be able to run around the ring, one dimensionally potshotting the same way. He will have to change up his looks like Floyd did. Lara does not have what it takes to survive pressure from a real fighter. He barely did it with Perro and Perro is such a terrible, terrible, fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
      Now everyone thinks that Lara's style be the one to defeat May, gentleman I was a sceptic about Floyd, but the dude is a genius.

No, hell no, Lara is a hell of a 154 fighter, but he's not at Floyd's level, doesn't have the speed nor the style to beat Floyd, No one does.

Only dude who really could beat Floyd is Guillermo Rigondeaux, now that's another freakin outstanding boxer. but as you know Guillermo is a very small dude.
      I agree. In a weight indifferent world, I'd pick Rigondeaux to beat Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
        Now everyone thinks that Lara's style be the one to defeat May
        Not beat. But make competitive rounds. I've argued this **** to death and I'm not going to repeat myself again but Floyd will never lose to a flat footed power puncher. Your not landing a home run power punch against the greatest defensive fighter of all time. If you don't have the skills, the footwork, the speed, the quickness, the timing and the ring intelligence to box with him, then I'm not interested.

Comment

Great interview. Good questions and excellent answers.

Canelo or Sergio Martinez fights. Lara is the true#1 champ. @ 154lb.

It is okay to ask for Floyd pay day, but reality is that Floyd is the true 147lb champ. I don't think this fight ever happen, no reason for Floyd to take that risk.

Comment

Lara Canelo would be a good fight. Lara can't beat Mayweather. Sorry. I don't see any fighter right now that would beat him. In order to beat Mayweather you have to be as smart as him in the ring. On top of that you have to have power in both hands, a high work rate and stamina, and match his speed. Otherwise you won't stand a chance.

Any real boxing fan will know, Canelo didn't do a bad job. He just wasn't on the level of Mayweather. I watched it again and he had a good idea. Punching Mayweather's body and arms. Whatever he could hit. But he didn't smoother and keep his work rate up. He doesnt have the stamina for that.

I really can't pick a fighter that can beat Mayweather right now. I mean Canelo was his toughest test. A guy that knocked guys out with body punches, knocked guys down who never been knocked down, and was steadily improving. Now you guys want to sell Lara to me? He was getting his ass handed too him by Angulo until his glory punch. Im not buying Lara even being close to Mayweather.

He's just the best period. Dont think we'll see him lose. Im really intriuged by a Hopkins fight. I wonder if his dirty tricks and veteran savvy would be enough to frustrate Mayweather. If there was someone I could pick, it would be Hopkins. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Punching Diva View Post
              I know it sounds crazy. But I think Lara can beat floyd...Lara is highly skilled just like Floyd. He's got the ONLY chance to beat em with matching skills.
              Highly skilled just like Floyd?....................come back in 2 years after you know more about boxing.

Comment

lara has no fan base,floyd wont make that mistake again like he did with guerrero...lara should focus on canelo,trout,molina those fights are easily makeable fights

Comment

Lara is a Tough Sell - Schaefer

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I would love to know if all the other tricks they supposedly played on Lara were true. It's been said that they told Landy he couldn't re-hydrate past a certain weight, while Angulo wasn't subject to the same restrictions.

I can't tell you how much I loved watching Lara get up from two monstrous shots from a heavy hitter and go on to make the man quit. Just because a man's preferred fighting method is boxing doesn't mean he's soft.
                    Julian Williams fight on the Canelo-Trout undercard. He talked about how incredibly spongy the ring was. So much so, that he switched his pick from Trout to Canelo. Go to 3:10 of video to hear details.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=julia...?v=c9YE3YFMqbQ

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
                      lara has no fan base,floyd wont make that mistake again like he did with guerrero...lara should focus on canelo,trout,molina those fights are easily makeable fights
                      I'm really confused when it comes to the Floyd-Guerrero numbers. Everybody on here saying the show bombed. But if you google the topic, damn near every article says it did a million.

Comment

Working...
                      X