No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: I Would Retire Angulo, I Can Beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Seeing how 300k buys is excellent for a boxing ppv. Anything in the neighborhood of a million is awesome, IMHO. Don't really get folks saying the show bombed.
    The difference:

1. Normally the risk is on the promoter, not the network
    2. The 300k PPV has a break even point of 150k, say. This one had a break even of 1.1-1.2m

Comment

Seeing how P-Willy hasn't walked since the accident. I thought it was a dead giveaway for sarcasim.
      Ok gotcha. A bit silly

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        The difference:

1. Normally the risk is on the promoter, not the network
        2. The 300k PPV has a break even point of 150k, say. This one had a break even of 1.1-1.2m
        Outside of Floyd's guarantee, Showtime didn't invest a whole lot into promoting Floyd-Guerrero. So doing some very basic math. Even if the show did 800k, that was probably more than enough for Showtime to turn a profit. I'm pretty sure Floyd's kickback may have been affected. But I'm doubting very seriously Showtime lost any money on that show.

In turn, Floyd-Canelo was the most promoted event I've seen. Even with the high numbers it did, there's a chance the higher ups didn't make as much as we probably think.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
          Lara can't beat Mayweather.
          This fight will never happen. Waste of Mayweather's time.
          Let me guess... women's intuition?
          Lara is a bigger threat than Guerrero and Alvarez for sure. If you were a real "big boxing fan", you'd know that.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            I want Lara vs Trout so bad it hurts. PLEASEEEEEEEEE make this happen GBP.
            It was supposed to be on "The One". But Trout's promoter killed it. His contract expired but his promoter was telling ShowTime that he was still the guy to contact. Now he's trying to settle it in court.

I hope he gets that settled or we may not see him in the ring for a minute.

Comment

Lara could never beat Molina I don't think. I think he would present some problems for Floyd, but he'd lose. He could probably beat Cotto, but I doubt he'd ever be given that chance. His best course of action is to retire Angulo, and then either secure a fight with Canelo or the Martirosyan-Andrade winner.

Comment

Its not like he dominated Angulo to say he will retire him if they fought again. I give Angulo a good shot at beating Lara in a rematch. He didn't look to impressive against Vanes either. He isn't retiring anybody any time soon.

Comment

Outside of Floyd's guarantee, Showtime didn't invest a whole lot into promoting Floyd-Guerrero. So doing some very basic math. Even if the show did 800k, that was probably more than enough for Showtime to turn a profit. I'm pretty sure Floyd's kickback may have been affected. But I'm doubting very seriously Showtime lost any money on that show.

In turn, Floyd-Canelo was the most promoted event I've seen. Even with the high numbers it did, there's a chance the higher ups didn't make as much as we probably think.
                  Then you're not doing math correctly. 65*800 = 54m. Of that the cable/satellite providers take half. So you're left with 26m, which doesn't come close to covering just Floyd's guarantee

Comment

.... Lost to Paul Williams after the motorcycle accident....
                    Whaaaa?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Then you're not doing math correctly. 65*800 = 54m. Of that the cable/satellite providers take half. So you're left with 26m, which doesn't come close to covering just Floyd's guarantee
                      I wasn't aware that cable gets half. Plus, you didn't factor in the gate, concessions, merchandise sales, or anything else. I think the show did more than 800k. But even if that's what it did, I'm sure Showtime didn't take much of a loss, if any.

Comment

Working...
                      X