No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Talks Mayweather, Eyes Ward-Rodriguez Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    154 is not so attractive now , for 2 reasons he saw how Floyd handled Alvarez who Genady has said was the best fighter he has been in with , though it was only sparing he still said he was the best he has been in with .

The other reason is , Floyd has shown that he will call you on lower weight call out like Canelo calling Floyd at 150 .

So GGG at 154 is not interested in Floyd after that fight , he wants to concentrate on MW and not the match with Floyd , Floyds the biggest purse for GGG , it seems odd to not pursue it ,

All I can say is he must have been very impressed how easy Floyd handled Canelo .

Not sure how impressed he was because of what he said about their fight before the fight, that Canelo has a shot in the first two rounds and thats it. GGG has sparred with Canelo and Knew he wouldn't win or beat JR. I think GGG is impressed with JR's movement to hit and get away.

GGG would destroy JR, hits too hard, knows how to cut the ring off and would devastate JR , it would be a mismatch

so I will get off the bandwagon and hope for greater things like KO Sergio Martinez for the Lineal title

then fight Andre and KO him

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
      I like GGG but he doesnt lay a hand on Floyd. He's nowhere near quickenough. I got Floyd handcuffing him all night 9-3 ud @154
      Skills not Size pays bills so lace em up and put em in the ring and see what happens

Comment

There's too much talent at 160 for this fight to happen. If anything after Andre Ward beats Rodriguez, he should be moving up to 175...

If the match up happened I would favor Ward, but I don't think he'd KO him or school him 12-0 I think it could be a competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          GGG is scared of Ward doe.

HBO boxing execs are having wet dreams at night about a potential Ward-Golovkin fight. Believe that.
          Don't think GGG is scared of anyone.

Ward vs Golovkin should happen in a year or two

Comment

Originally posted by TLC8 View Post
            Those 68 pounders on fight night weigh as much as 180, 185 pounds. Stevens had no power and lost all three fights at 68, hence why he moved down to 60. I can't wait to see Gennady shut Stevens mouth. But rather than Gennady goving all the way up to fight Ward, I would rather see Gennady fight Canelo Alvarez... a real war. Floyd doesn't factor in to any of it, because he's not having the ballz to go up and fight those guys, or he would have already done that when Sergio Martinez was calling him out for years in his prime. Gennady vs Alvarez in Texas Stadium or Mexico City would be a massive draw.
            Ward is too big for Golovkin, but Golovkin isn't too big for Floyd lol. Go play in traffic....you're a weak man.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
              Don't think GGG is scared of anyone.

Ward vs Golovkin should happen in a year or two
              If Ward vs Golovkin doesn't happen just after the Ward's tune up, it will never happen. Ward would move up...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                If Ward vs Golovkin doesn't happen just after the Ward's tune up, it will never happen. Ward would move up...
                Ward seems content at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by TLC8 View Post
                  Those 68 pounders on fight night weigh as much as 180, 185 pounds. Stevens had no power and lost all three fights at 68, hence why he moved down to 60. I can't wait to see Gennady shut Stevens mouth. But rather than Gennady goving all the way up to fight Ward, I would rather see Gennady fight Canelo Alvarez... a real war. Floyd doesn't factor in to any of it, because he's not having the ballz to go up and fight those guys, or he would have already done that when Sergio Martinez was calling him out for years in his prime. Gennady vs Alvarez in Texas Stadium or Mexico City would be a massive draw.
                  So your saying GGG is too small to move up ONE weight class to fight Ward and the other 168 pounders and give him a pass?? And in the same breath saying (Floyd who never weighed over 151) is scared to fight middleweights??

You sound dumb as shyt! How can you call one guy scared and give the other one a pass?? You bum ass chump

Comment

Golovkin is able to fight easily at 160 AND 168. While Ward is able to fight easily at 168 AND 175...
                    Each of them would take the most lucrative and the most secure future fights.
                    Therefore I don't see Ward willingly taking a GGG fight, unless he is forced by HBO -- which I don't think will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      I still give Gennady a decent chance to beat Ward but more likely it would be a very boring fight and very frustrating for GGG. He would try to push the action and Ward would be allowed to clinch 10+ per round...

It would come to if Gennady is strong enough to avoid Ward's punch and hold style. He has enough punching power, that's for sure..

On the other hand Froch-GGG would be all
                      So it would be like watching a Wlad fight, only with more combination punching and body work, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X