No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Talks Mayweather, Eyes Ward-Rodriguez Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
    Golovkin has no business thinking about Andre Ward, he has plenty of good fights at 160 to take care of, and should only go to 168 after Ward has gone to 175. Ward vs Golovkin pretty much will look like Hopkins vs Trinidad.
    I disagree, but I do favor Ward. Golovkin is apparently having trouble getting these good fights at MW even though HBO is pushing him. HBO also apparently wants the Ward-Golovkin fight, so it will probably happen some time in the next few years if both guys keep winning.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealOneShot View Post
      That's like thinking Erroll Spence beats Floyd because he looked beast against no hopers, this is guy whose 2nd best win got schooled by Mora, people really think Floyd is some guy.
      Don't get it twisted. I'm not one of these GGG fanboys that thinks he's already an all-time great. I'm fully aware that his resume is limited. I'm fully aware he has a lot left to prove. And I'm fully aware that Floyd is world's better than anyine he's fought. But this isn't about GGG's resume, or lack thereof. I'm looking at it based strictly on styles. GGG is very skilled, which means he likely won't be outclassed by Floyd. He cuts off the ring beautifully, so Floyd can't run. I'm pretty sure he could probably hold his own with any cruiserweight when it comesto punching power. And Floyd isn't a puncher as a welterweight. I doubt je has enough power to detour GGG from walking him down. And on top of that, he's at least 3" taller than Floyd. Which means Floyd would have to put himself in harm's way in order to score. Put all of that together and I see Floyd having a very difficult time winning that fight.

Oh yeah. I didn't even mention that GGG is a very smart fighter. He's a very accurate puncher.and he's a wicked body puncher. Which means he wouldn't be stupid enough to fire head shots, which aren't gonna land, at Floyd. And while Floyd defends his head beautifully, he gets hit to the body. And I have a hard time seeing any welterweight surviving 12 rounds of body shots from GGG.
      Last edited by hitking; 09-21-2013, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        GGG is too big, too skilled, and hits too hard for Floyd. Floyd is a better fighter. But this current version of him can't deal with the package that GGG brings into the ring.
        At 154 I don't think it would be as you think .

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
          Why those two? They are 168 lbers... Golovkin is not a big fighter at 160...

Once he demolishes Stevens, he should get to fight Sergio.
          I agree he should focus on getting Martinez in the ring. But if he's for real you gotta love the ball on this kid being willing to go right after the best at 168. I would love to see him in the ring with Froch.

Comment

Don't get it twisted. I'm not one of these GGG fanboys that thinks he's already an all-time great. I'm fully aware that his resume is limited. I'm fully aware he has a lot left to prove. And I'm fully aware that Floyd is world's better than anyine he's fought. But this isn't about GGG's resume, or lack thereof. I'm looking at it based strictly on styles. GGG is very skilled, which means he likely won't be outclassed by Floyd. He cuts off the ring beautifully, so Floyd can't run. I'm pretty sure he could probably hold his own with any cruiserweight when it comesto punching power. And Floyd isn't a puncher as a welterweight. I doubt je has enough power to detour GGG from walking him down. And on top of that, he's at least 3" taller than Floyd. Which means Floyd would have to put himself in harm's way in order to score. Put all of that together and I see Floyd having a very difficult time winning that fight.

Oh yeah. I didn't even mention that GGG is a very smart fighter. He's a very accurate puncher.and he's a wicked body puncher. Which means he wouldn't be stupid enough to fire head shots, which aren't gonna land, at Floyd. And while Floyd defends his head beautifully, he gets hit to the body. And I have a hard time seeing any welterweight surviving 12 rounds of body shots from GGG.
            I really don't think Golovkin would lay a glove on Floyd all night, Golovkin has the ability to get out of tight spots. Floyd would land on Golovkin at will, it would be a replay of the Canelo fight. I would say Floyd should do it for his legacy but after he humiliated Golovkin people would point to his empty resume.

Comment

This is sad to even disrespect a undefeated 16 year champion, 17 year professional still at the top of his game ! you watch boxing, you no study boxing ! How many times has GGG gone 12 ? who has GGG really beaten ? Has he been tested yet ? has he had to dig deep? overcome a injury in a fight? adjustments on the fly? with his trainers help ? Stop spreading the Propaganda, there where no weapons of mass destruction. Did you see what Floyd did to Canelo? Floyd doesn't have power? How many cats have you seen walk up on Floyd or try to walk him down? Floyd handcuffs fighters - don't get me wrong I like GGG, but I am not stupid. study the game for real and educate your eyes to what your watching - Canelo got shut out, Canelo is a very good fighter ! he couldn't do anything with the 36 year old Grand Master - what did nacho say you need to beat Floyd " a baseball bat" - Marquez openly says he cannot beat Floyd and never will challenge him again, What has Robert Guerrero said about the monk ? Ricky Hatton anyone? what about Mosley ? oh wait Canelo what are your thoughts on the subject ? Like Floyd said, from the outside looking in it may look easy, but once you get in here its not what you thought it was !

Comment

I like GGG but he doesnt lay a hand on Floyd. He's nowhere near quickenough. I got Floyd handcuffing him all night 9-3 ud @154

Comment

I favor Ward over GGG, not just because of the size difference, but from a match up of styles. I'm not sure how GGG would adapt to Ward's holding and dirty in-fighting. I could see GGG getting frustrated and taken off his game. And Ward winning enough rounds down the stretch.

I'd like to see GGG get a crack at Sergio, then Canelo. I think he can win both fights. He will KO Canelo who is a lot easier to hit.

Comment

R.I.P. to GGG is he ever signs to fight Ward, that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      R.I.P. to GGG is he ever signs to fight Ward, that is all.
                      Ward went nearly 11 rounds with a massively weight drained Dawson and that was his first stoppage in six fights; the last guy he stopped was some journeyman called Shelby Pudwill who I think had been stopped twice or three times in a row. He also went 7 rounds with a guy P. Will KO'd in one. Ward is physically strong but doesn't have decent punching power or a killer instinct. The main reason why Dawson didn't go the full 12 was because he quit.

Andre Ward is a master boxer so depending on how well GGG translates to 168 Ward will either pitch a near shutout (119-109-118-110) or very clear decision (117-111 or 116-112).
                      Last edited by BafanaBafana; 09-22-2013, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X