No announcement yet.

Tonights British fights chat...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    you know your country boxes well when you're bringing up boxers "per capita," and the amateur system.

you're on an american website, watching a sport based in america. you aren't american, and there's some jealousy. i understand it, man. believe me.
    You sound like a ******. How else would you measure success other than "per capita"?

Is Wlad Klitschko better than Floyd because he could kick seven shades of shit out of him? no? that's why we use the pound for pound system. Think about it.

Comment

• Not impressed with Saunders. No power whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by eli porter View Post
        You sound like a ******. How else would you measure success other than "per capita"?

Is Wlad Klitschko better than Floyd because he could kick seven shades of shit out of him? no? that's why we use the pound for pound system. Think about it.

"per capita" is not a measurement of "p4p." that's ridiculous.

it's a measurement of frequency in occurrence / total population.

america's case, badass boxers / total murrican population.

"per person"

it's a silly argument [per capita successes diminishing actual accomplishments,] brought up by people who don't like america. there's a f#cking website dedicated to looking at the olympics in that manner. trinidad and tobago are the greatest olympic nations of all time under that system. it's ******ed, and diminishes the accomplishments of nations based on the amount of people they've got.

america isn't only good at boxing and other sports because we're heavily populated. are india or china some great sporting nation? they're several times the size of the states.

americans are good at boxing because we're f#cking good at boxing. it's a petty tactic to attribute it to population size alone, and a tactic of those who aren't accomplished.

at least try and act like you know what you're talking about.

Comment

"per person"

it's a silly argument [per capita successes diminishing actual accomplishments,] brought up by people who don't like america. there's a f#cking website dedicated to looking at the olympics in that manner. trinidad and tobago are the greatest olympic nations of all time under that system. it's ******ed, and diminishes the accomplishments of nations based on the amount of people they've got.

america isn't only good at boxing and other sports because we're heavily populated. are india or china some great sporting nation? they're several times the size of the states.

americans are good at boxing because we're f#cking good at boxing. it's a petty tactic to attribute it to population size alone, and a tactic of those who aren't accomplished.

Outside of Floyd and Ward, you don't really have any dominating champions. What's so great about American boxers at the moment?

Clearly, American boxers have been the best in most divisions over the years, but at the moment you don't have much. So what's the big deal?

Comment

• I find Saunder's style very boring, good job i got **** loads of beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
              I find Saunder's style very boring, good job i got **** loads of beer.
              He reminds me of a poor man's Amir Khan, with less snap on his punches.

Comment

"per person"

The fact that new zealand or whatever small country is overvalued when looking at their Olympic success per person doesn't invalidate the method. The reason these examples exist is because of variance, which becomes less of an issue when looking at much larger countries, which is what we are doing. Also, I believe you're missing my point about the p4p rankings.

Edit: Obviously America has great boxers and trainers. But their success is exaggerated by the USA's population; despite that they're still the leading nation in terms of historical results. What I don't understand why you want to have a dick measuring contest about an extremely niche sport which you probably don't have much of a personal stake in. It's all a little desperate.
                Last edited by eli porter; 09-21-2013, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• BoxNation falling over themselves to give their own fighter Saunders rounds.

I got Ryder up by one.

Comment

• Have to say I underestimated the Gorilla.

Comment

ward's hand was broken leading into the froch fight, but there have been plenty of cases where a superior fighter wins a fight, but damages himself beyond repair via hand injuries. oscar de la hoya was a massive puncher early in his career, and was reduced to throwing meaningless flurries by '07.

you're talking about eating a bunch of clean left hands and losing 10 rounds like it's a good thing.

the rest are addressed in bold. dirrell especially beat the f#Cking brakes off of froch. the clean punches were literally all landed by dirrell. dirrell hurt him. that scoring was absurd. if you want to take points from dirrell for ducking his head or holding oyu could, but you can't just give froch rounds because you don't like dirrell. dirrell landed the more effective punches.
                      Ward won the battle, but Froch won the war. His chin reduced that injured hand to mush as well as the shoulder injury which Ward didn't even know. Froch knew his hand had a fracture and at the table as they faced each other, said I am going to knock you out. Ward was mentally beat and didn't want to postpone because he wanted to beat Froch, which he did but look at him now, a pawn to HBO.

Dirrell screamed and ran like a hoe, it was the start of his mental problems. His high pitch voice matches his lack of balls and definitely brains. You got to be in serious problems to sign with 50 Cent, or at least have something wrong with your head, 50 Cent been recruiting in the nut house. Dirrell and Kirkland?

Comment

Working...
                      X