Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 75$ though???

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
      Sure Caneo has a fanbase,but replace Floyd with someone else and i doubt Canelo does 400k..Replace Canelo with someone else and Floyd has proven to break 1 million buys..
      the point is canelo had a lot to do with this and Floyd just loves to take the credit himself,in an interview earlier before the fight he didn't want to acknowledge canelo's huge following instead just saying he gives him credit for showing up on the 14th,of course it depends on your opponent and how well you will sell,look at this fight against the guerrero fight,or hatton fight,canelo has fans and nobody is going to deny that,if this was Floyd fighting devon alexander it wont do one million

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        now this is the funniest post I've read in a while,all Floyd?? look at lfoyds last ppv fight and look at this one,,,,you really think canelo would be doing only 250k buys on his own?? this is the guy who put thousands of fans at the mgm the night there was a certain big fight at the Thomas and mack center,,,people just love to hate
        Don't be so foolish. DLH did 925,000 buys before his fight with Floyd and then they did 2.5 mil. Was Floyd the reason for the boost then?

Comment

Canelo has a good following. They also did a hell of a job promoting this fight like he was a true threat even if he was not.

Comment

considering how broke most of NSB probably is, and how easy it is to stream, that's a lot of buys.

to give you guys an idea of what drives pay per view sales:

bscene has approx 200k members. that's roughly 1/11th of the total buys.

hardcore boxing fans don't drive ppv sales. its mexicans and casual fans.

Comment

now this is the funniest post I've read in a while,all Floyd?? look at lfoyds last ppv fight and look at this one,,,,you really think canelo would be doing only 250k buys on his own?? this is the guy who put thousands of fans at the mgm the night there was a certain big fight at the Thomas and mack center,,,people just love to hate
              Look at all Floyds PPVs you dumb fck , he is involved in the biggest in history .

Whats the one common denominator , Floyd Mayweather , what do his opponents do without Floyd ?

Your maths must be terrible .

Comment

Great night of boxing,enjoyed all of it,EXCEPT MOLINA-SMITH..worse fight i have seen in a long time

Comment

Remember when they said Boxing was dieing 5 or so years ago?

If someone were to say Mayweather-Canelo would do over 2 Million PPV buys in Janurary of 2012, you would be laughed out of whatever building you were in.

Boxing builds stars, and that will always be the case.

Comment

Wow this is amazing. I can't wait to see what the final numbers are. Floyd, Canelo, Golden Boy and CBS did a great job making this one of the biggest events ever. Kudos

Comment

Ate you nuts first and foremost floyd last fight did a million by showtime stats so unless you know more than them let me know who your secret hook up is...next Canelo has me er sold any ppv ...he got 2.2 million to watch for free...obviously I'm not saying its all floyd but people who wasn't Canelo fan paid to see him lose and you have floyd fans he is the draw...lets see what Canelo does before you say dumb stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X