No announcement yet.

A legit GGG win would be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A legit GGG win would be?

I hear in the forums all the time that GGG doesn't have any solid wins. The arguement is made that he is only beating guys coming up in weight or 2nd tier guys. I think the only reason this is partly true is because the guy has trouble getting people to man up & take the God of War challenge. I would like to know who the fighters are out there that people consider legitimate wins for GGG?

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
    I hear in the forums all the time that GGG doesn't have any solid wins. The arguement is made that he is only beating guys coming up in weight or 2nd tier guys. I think the only reason this is partly true is because the guy has trouble getting people to man up & take the God of War challenge. I would like to know who the fighters are out there that people consider legitimate wins for GGG?
    I guess his detractors want him to fight at 168. He may have to move up there soon to get some takers anyway.

He'd be fairly small for the division if he doesn't put on some weight, but he may have to do it since the top guys at MW don't seem all that interested.

It could help set up a showdown with Ward though.

Comment

Move up to 168 he would get fights easily there if no 1 at 160 wants to fight

Comment

Hell he can drop to 154 there are more fighters there he can fight

Comment

Macklin was legit. Other than that anybody in the top 10-15.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
            Its not that GGG doesn't have any solid wins. Its that therre are 7 or 8 guys between 140 and 160 that have wins over higher caliber opponents over a longer period of time and that they have done more to earn a floyd fight than just KO'ing 8-10 opponents in a row.

Comment

Guys like Mayweather, Pacman, Cotto, and Martinez come to mind there. Cotto probably would be written off as past his prime. Martinez also wobbled but is lineal champion. I think he wouldn't get full cred for Sergio but that win makes him #1 at MW so I'd consider it legit. The other 2 guys are too small. Guys like Ward and Froch have more solid wins as well if he decides to move up.

Comment

assuming he won't get the big one with martinez any time soon, i'd like golovkin's next two oppoennts to be mora and murray. they'd both present him with new challenges style-wise and put him in a strong position heading into the future, especially if he KOed them.

Comment

I just thought of a guy. Taking on an Erislandy Lara would be a great fight for both. Network drama could prevent it though unfortunately. But hey if it happened I would be glued to the TV that night.

Comment

I just want to see him crush Chavez Jr one day

Comment

Working...
                    X