No announcement yet.

Incredibly Rigondeaux highlight video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deejd View Post
    Ahhhhh, my favorite active fighter on the planet. The only thing that I'm wondering is if he can't deal with in-fighters. Mayweather is so gifted all around... he's proved he can do everything in there.

With Rigo, he's shown he can trade, counter, be offensive... but everything I've seen him do requires distance -- space to operate. Should be interesting to see him against somebody who can legitimately eat his punches undeterred and make it a phone booth in certain spots during the bout.
    His best friend Lara has shown enough inside fighting ability to hold his own in there. I trust Rigo would be fine there

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
      Ahhhhh, my favorite active fighter on the planet. The only thing that I'm wondering is if he can't deal with in-fighters. Mayweather is so gifted all around... he's proved he can do everything in there.

With Rigo, he's shown he can trade, counter, be offensive... but everything I've seen him do requires distance -- space to operate. Should be interesting to see him against somebody who can legitimately eat his punches undeterred and make it a phone booth in certain spots during the bout.
      I agree. I've seen Rigo blast people out, but he doesn't operate in the pocket. "El Chacal" is an amazing fighter, which says a lot about Floyd, since I think Mayweather is even better. I love watching both work. They're on the highest level of natural talent and skill.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        His best friend Lara has shown enough inside fighting ability to hold his own in there. I trust Rigo would be fine there
        You think so? Lara has a tendency to go into a high guard on the inside, and only seems to let his hands go when there's some distance created. Most of the Cuban boxers don't fight on the inside regularly. My guess is because practically all of them have spent so much time in the amateurs, where in-fighting isn't as well suited to the points system.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Good stuff. December 7th is supposedly the date. Can't wait.
          Nice to hear, please let it be Kiko!

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            You think so? Lara has a tendency to go into a high guard on the inside, and only seems to let his hands go when there's some distance created. Most of the Cuban boxers don't fight on the inside regularly. My guess is because practically all of them have spent so much time in the amateurs, where in-fighting isn't as well suited to the points system.
            that and the fact that a southpaws unorthodox angles are no longer there on the inside.

We can only make educated guesses until Rigo gets in there with someone who can force him on the inside. His great footwork and amazing ring IQ allows him to always fight his fight unlike Lara. Maybe Lara learned some basic inside fighting since he expected to be in the trenches every now and then

Comment

I cant stand that fycking song . The video wait straight to hell for me as soon as I heard that piece of shyt song. What a terrible choice to put with Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                I definitely think he's a better pure technician than Floyd, but i think Floyd is a better versatile fighter. He's not quite comfortable at fighting in the pocket, but it's not a big deal because he's a great ring general who can control a fight from start to finish. He'd have problems with fighters who can take his shots and force their way on the inside[Lara-Angulo].
                Floyd is better overall, but he's been a pro for almost 20 years. Rigo has only been a pro for a few years. You'd naturally expect floyd to be better. And yes, he is definitely better in the pocket; the way he made nelo miss while connecting was amazing. However, I still think Rigo is a bit better with his overall D and the fluidity in his movement. Plus he has better reflexes imo and better punching power. Floyd's got a better chin and better tricks (i.e. shoulder roll, elbows, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                  Floyd is better overall, but he's been a pro for almost 20 years. Rigo has only been a pro for a few years. You'd naturally expect floyd to be better. And yes, he is definitely better in the pocket; the way he made nelo miss while connecting was amazing. However, I still think Rigo is a bit better with his overall D and the fluidity in his movement. Plus he has better reflexes imo and better punching power. Floyd's got a better chin and better tricks (i.e. shoulder roll, elbows, etc.)
                  don't forget the dirty fighting. Floyd is one of the best today at fighting in the trenches

Comment

Floyd and Rigo are so clearly the two best boxers in the world today. Save your Andre Ward, he's no where near but a rightful 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Using the jump rope backwards, don't think I've actually seen that before.
                      Nice video.

Very Rigondeaux, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X