No announcement yet.

Incredibly Rigondeaux highlight video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ayo' View Post
    I cant stand that fycking song . The video wait straight to hell for me as soon as I heard that piece of shyt song. What a terrible choice to put with Rigo.
    lmao i said the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      that and the fact that a southpaws unorthodox angles are no longer there on the inside.

We can only make educated guesses until Rigo gets in there with someone who can force him on the inside. His great footwork and amazing ring IQ allows him to always fight his fight unlike Lara. Maybe Lara learned some basic inside fighting since he expected to be in the trenches every now and then
      Yeah. You know what? I never saw it that way. But it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
        like a Santa Cruz?
        No, Santa Cruz would get stopped, easily. Don't think he has the footspeed to cut off the ring either.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
          Floyd is better overall, but he's been a pro for almost 20 years. Rigo has only been a pro for a few years. You'd naturally expect floyd to be better. And yes, he is definitely better in the pocket; the way he made nelo miss while connecting was amazing. However, I still think Rigo is a bit better with his overall D and the fluidity in his movement. Plus he has better reflexes imo and better punching power. Floyd's got a better chin and better tricks (i.e. shoulder roll, elbows, etc.)
          Yes, Floyd goes into "Matrix" mode on the inside. It's amazing to watch. You can only do that with crazy reflexes. I think Mayweather has the better "D," as I believe the stats bear out. I agree that Floyd has the better chin, and that Rigo has better power. Guille can crack. He's a better P4P puncher than Mayweather. Rigo has hurt much bigger guys like Marroquin, and had Donaire running for his life in the final round of their encounter. I think their "bag of tricks" is comparable. For instance, "El Chacal" likes to block with his elbows as well.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
            No, Santa Cruz would get stopped, easily. Don't think he has the footspeed to cut off the ring either.
            The more pro experience Rigondeaux acquires, the more dangerous he becomes. We might be quite amazed by the time Guillermo finishes his career.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              His best friend Lara has shown enough inside fighting ability to hold his own in there. I trust Rigo would be fine there
              I don't doubt that. I mean, Lara is a bit different from Rigo in that Rigo's footwork and footspeed is other worldly whereas Lara's isn't so he's really had to test his mettle in some spots. Rigo is just so crafty.... he'd probably have to go up to '30 to find somebody that can really pressure him without a care in the world at what Rigo throws. But, Rigo could probably finish his career at '22 the way he looks combined with his age.

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              I agree. I've seen Rigo blast people out, but he doesn't operate in the pocket. "El Chacal" is an amazing fighter, which says a lot about Floyd, since I think Mayweather is even better. I love watching both work. They're on the highest level of natural talent and skill.
              You and I both, man. Those guys are an absolute joy to watch! I had friends complaining about how boring Mayweather was -- I'm never talking boxing with them again. These guys are artists and it'll be sad when they're gone. Everything has to be a knockout now, so we get Canelo's, Donaire's, Matthysse's, GGG's vs [insert weight class lower fighter]. These guys would get destroyed by Lara's, Ward's, Rigo's, Mayweather's.... Garcia can't hold a torch to these guys and even he boxed Matthysse's ears off.

Comment

Yes, Floyd goes into "Matrix" mode on the inside. It's amazing to watch. You can only do that with crazy reflexes. I think Mayweather has the better "D," as I believe the stats bear out. I agree that Floyd has the better chin, and that Rigo has better power. Guille can crack. He's a better P4P puncher than Mayweather. Rigo has hurt much bigger guys like Marroquin, and had Donaire running for his life in the final round of their encounter. I think their "bag of tricks" is comparable. For instance, "El Chacal" likes to block with his elbows as well.
                This is why I don't understand what people were saying about the Donaire fight, haha! They just don't get it. When Rigo hits somebody, it's a real problem. His punching power is more than existent.

Even Mayweather has a case for real punching power. I mean, if these Canelo's and Donaire's who are naturally much bigger than Mayweather and Rigo, are hesitant to just eat their feather-fisted punches just so they can get their shots in and KO them, why aren't they doing it!?

Great description of Mayweather defense, btw. Dude just has another sense specifically devoted to rolling under and slipping punches.

Comment

You know when a fighter is a master boxer when they can work on things in the ring. If GGG knew the guy he was fighting was grossly overmatched, why not carry the opponent a few rounds and show that, 'hey, I can box, too'? Counter a bit, show off a different way he could get rid of someone as opposed to walking down everybody and bombs away.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very fan-friendly style, but fan-friendly isn't going to beat bhop, Ward, Mayweather, Rigo..... the person that beats a legend has to have all the tools and most likely use every last one of them to have a chance of winning.

Comment

I don't doubt that. I mean, Lara is a bit different from Rigo in that Rigo's footwork and footspeed is other worldly whereas Lara's isn't so he's really had to test his mettle in some spots. Rigo is just so crafty.... he'd probably have to go up to '30 to find somebody that can really pressure him without a care in the world at what Rigo throws. But, Rigo could probably finish his career at '22 the way he looks combined with his age.
                    "Crafty's" the word. Rigondeaux has ridiculous boxing experience. He must know every trick in the book.

I don't know how far Guille might go up in weight. He's probably a natural 118 fighter. He's so small and lean, I think he finds it difficult to put on effective weight.

You and I both, man. Those guys are an absolute joy to watch! I had friends complaining about how boring Mayweather was -- I'm never talking boxing with them again. These guys are artists and it'll be sad when they're gone. Everything has to be a knockout now, so we get Canelo's, Donaire's, Matthysse's, GGG's vs [insert weight class lower fighter]. These guys would get destroyed by Lara's, Ward's, Rigo's, Mayweather's.... Garcia can't hold a torch to these guys and even he boxed Matthysse's ears off.
                    I have no problem with preferences. Everyone has their own tastes. But calling a guy like Mayweather boring tells me a person's boxing appreciation is that of a five year old child.

This is why I don't understand what people were saying about the Donaire fight, haha! They just don't get it. When Rigo hits somebody, it's a real problem. His punching power is more than existent.

Even Mayweather has a case for real punching power. I mean, if these Canelo's and Donaire's who are naturally much bigger than Mayweather and Rigo, are hesitant to just eat their feather-fisted punches just so they can get their shots in and KO them, why aren't they doing it!?
                    Floyd has good power, enough to make you respect and enough to wear you down with precision and accumulation. Rigo is at least a notch above. He can really hurt you. In both cases, opponents quickly realize they can just rush in without suffering some consequences.

Great description of Mayweather defense, btw. Dude just has another sense specifically devoted to rolling under and slipping punches.
                    It is, isn't it? Too bad I can't take credit. lol A friend of mine used that term a number of years ago, while we were watching Mayweather-Mosley.

The thing about Mayweather is, after about four rounds or so, he figures you out. You start landing less and less, and he starts landing more and more. He makes it look so easy that lots of people don't appreciate how incredible his abilities are.

Comment

"Crafty's" the word. Rigondeaux has ridiculous boxing experience. He must know every trick in the book.

I don't know how far Guille might go up in weight. He's probably a natural 118 fighter. He's so small and lean, I think he finds it difficult to put on effective weight.

I have no problem with preferences. Everyone has their own tastes. But calling a guy like Mayweather boring tells me a person's boxing appreciation is that of a five year old child.

Floyd has good power, enough to make you respect and enough to wear you down with precision and accumulation. Rigo is at least a notch above. He can really hurt you. In both cases, opponents quickly realize they can just rush in without suffering some consequences.

It is, isn't it? Too bad I can't take credit. lol A friend of mine used that term a number of years ago, while we were watching Mayweather-Mosley.

The thing about Mayweather is, after about four rounds or so, he figures you out. You start landing less and less, and he starts landing more and more. He makes it look so easy that lots of people don't appreciate how incredible his abilities are.
                      You know, I was thinking that the other day because it's atrocious how somebody this talented is getting no appreciation and, at the very least, acknowledgement [meaning getting calls for fights]. So if he could make '18, maybe he'd have more options, but even regardless of banners, it seems that nobody from '18-'26 wants Rigo except Agbeko. He seems right at '22... maybe a bit drained at '18, but still small for '26.

It's almost like you have to actually boxed or really followed the sport since a young age to appreciate what technicians do for the sport. Another friend of mine said just that -- he understood how great he was at "his style" of fighting but "he's not entertaining" and "his punches don't inflict damage." I told him to go get punched in the face repeatedly for 36 minutes and let me know how you feel the next day.

These guys aren't the same when they get taken into deep waters. Bhop, Mayweather. They change fighters, man. There's a track record to prove it, hahaha. I agree with statement of Rigo's power... that dude can knock someone's block off at any point and time. The same power he hits with in round 1 is the same power he's throwing with in the 12th.

Mayweather was dodging bullets in that Mosley fight so it makes perfect sense. That was my super bowl of boxing. It's just crazy how fast Mayweather figures his opponents out. He needs a rubik's cube, but there's none out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X