No announcement yet.

Incredibly Rigondeaux highlight video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deejd View Post
    You know, I was thinking that the other day because it's atrocious how somebody this talented is getting no appreciation and, at the very least, acknowledgement [meaning getting calls for fights]. So if he could make '18, maybe he'd have more options, but even regardless of banners, it seems that nobody from '18-'26 wants Rigo except Agbeko. He seems right at '22... maybe a bit drained at '18, but still small for '26.
    I don't even know what to say anymore about that subject. It's so damn frustrating.

It's almost like you have to actually boxed or really followed the sport since a young age to appreciate what technicians do for the sport. Another friend of mine said just that -- he understood how great he was at "his style" of fighting but "he's not entertaining" and "his punches don't inflict damage." I told him to go get punched in the face repeatedly for 36 minutes and let me know how you feel the next day.
    lol Word.

These guys aren't the same when they get taken into deep waters. Bhop, Mayweather. They change fighters, man. There's a track record to prove it, hahaha. I agree with statement of Rigo's power... that dude can knock someone's block off at any point and time. The same power he hits with in round 1 is the same power he's throwing with in the 12th.

Mayweather was dodging bullets in that Mosley fight so it makes perfect sense. That was my super bowl of boxing. It's just crazy how fast Mayweather figures his opponents out. He needs a rubik's cube, but there's none out there.
    Rigo can really throw with bad intentions. It causes his punches to be a little wide sometimes. Mayweather is just content to bust you up as the fight progresses. His hand problems over the years must have something to do with it.

Comment

Never saw so much technicality in a <5 minute video...

Might try to pull some of these moves off in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Lara has a tendency to go into a high guard on the inside, and only seems to let his hands go when there's some distance created.
        And when he tried to let his hands go on the inside, he got dropped.

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I agree that Floyd has the better chin, and that Rigo has better power. Guille can crack. He's a better P4P puncher than Mayweather. Rigo has hurt much bigger guys like Marroquin, and had Donaire running for his life in the final round of their encounter.
        Rigondeaux is still fighting in his first weight class, Mayweather has KO'd guys in 4 weightclasses. In his first weightclass (130) he was a pretty big puncher, he was 27-0 with 20 stoppages = 74% KO ratio against 66% for Rigondeaux.

Comment

this is a great highlight

shame about the circle jerk thread tho

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            ...Rigondeaux is still fighting in his first weight class, Mayweather has KO'd guys in 4 weightclasses. In his first weightclass (130) he was a pretty big puncher, he was 27-0 with 20 stoppages = 74% KO ratio against 66% for Rigondeaux.
            You make a good point, but I'm talking about the present-day. The younger, lighter Mayweather may have had similar power; but, today, I believe Rigo possesses greater P4P power.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              Floyd and Rigo are so clearly the two best boxers in the world today. Save your Andre Ward, he's no where near but a rightful 3rd.
              In my opinion Ward is 3x more boring than Rigon and its killing me that a healthy and hungry Rigon cannot get a HBO fight next month or this fall at all (SMDH). Top Rank gives Rigon's mandatory away to the guy he just beat convincingly and relegates the champ to the freezer

Comment

Every time I see the donaire fight highlights I remember how bad of a schooling that was LOL.

Comment

Highest skilled fighter I've ever seen fight if u have the chance see him fight live it's amazing ...

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    And when he tried to let his hands go on the inside, he got dropped.
                    They were fighting in a phone booth and the guy weight 175 lbs

Rigondeaux is still fighting in his first weight class, Mayweather has KO'd guys in 4 weightclasses. In his first weightclass (130) he was a pretty big puncher, he was 27-0 with 20 stoppages = 74% KO ratio against 66% for Rigondeaux.
                    Rigondeuax is 32 he ain't growing no more, he is been knocking ppl out from 95 lbs all the way to 122

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Using the jump rope backwards, don't think I've actually seen that before.

Great vid. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                      X