Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Floyd Mayweather Sr. Welcomes Amir Khan Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why they want this fight so badly? It's not like it's going to do great PPV numbers.

Khan-Alexander, it's a real shame that one of those will be fighting Floyd and will be one of the best WW's available.

I do think Khan will trouble Mayweather early though.

Comment

Sounds hilarious to some I'm sure but I'd rather have Khan than some of the other alternatives people might come up with. 85% of Floyd's advantage over his opponents is his footspeed and distance control. This is the reason his opponents are so helpless against him. Floyd is the only athlete in the boxing on par with the best athletes of other sports. Khan has fast feet and he's very athletic. At the very least he can keep up with Floyd and he's got some pretty good hands as well. I'd love to see Khan expose Floyd's "secret" although I wouldn't place money on him to win.

Comment

khan beats mayweather easily and then garcia becomes the p4p #1 via triangle warfare.

Comment

geezus...just the thought of Khan being given a 24-7 or All Access show makes me not want this fight even more...by episode 2, i'd probably be rooting for Floyd already

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            Sounds hilarious to some I'm sure but I'd rather have Khan than some of the other alternatives people might come up with. 85% of Floyd's advantage over his opponents is his footspeed and distance control. This is the reason his opponents are so helpless against him. Floyd is the only athlete in the boxing on par with the best athletes of other sports. Khan has fast feet and he's very athletic. At the very least he can keep up with Floyd and he's got some pretty good hands as well. I'd love to see Khan expose Floyd's "secret" although I wouldn't place money on him to win.
            Khan has speed but he does not use it effectively. He is very predictable and gets timed very easily. Everytime he throws a combination if the opponent swings at the direction of his head 99% he gets hit. ****in Julio Diaz was timing his ass and making do the stanky leg. Can you imagine what floyd is going to do to him?

Floyd should be blindfolded just to make this fight competitive and **** even then I'd give khan 4 rounds before mayweather get's the timing down and KO's Khan coming in with his ineffective combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
              Khan has speed but he does not use it effectively. He is very predictable and gets timed very easily. Everytime he throws a combination if the opponent swings at the direction of his head 99% he gets hit. ****in Julio Diaz was timing his ass and making do the stanky leg. Can you imagine what floyd is going to do to him?

Floyd should be blindfolded just to make this fight competitive and **** even then I'd give khan 4 rounds before mayweather get's the timing down and KO's Khan coming in with his ineffective combinations.
              I know what the outcome would be. Your post is superficial and obvious. I'm interested in seeing Khan put gloves on Mayweather - which he would with relative ease - before getting himself in trouble at some point. Khan would make it competitive on footspeed alone for as long as it lasts.

If this fight gets made let's make a wager on how "ineffective" Khan will be. I'd like to put my own claims to the test. I should warn you; I have a decent track record..

Comment

Sr has definitely been hit in the head to many times, Floyd woukd kill Amir. I hope devon beat khan so he can shut up

Comment

It's going to happen, Khan just showed his pencil c0ck to the world to gain more publicity going into a fight.

Comment

Amir khan don't even deserve this fight. This is ridiculous man. Amir khan been knocked out twice already. Glass jaw. Great boxer but no match for the master marathon runner. No way would I pay for this ****

Comment

Originally posted by Copyright View Post
                      Mayweather Vs khan is a fight I want to see, Mayweather doesn't fight fighters with speed and hasn't for a very long time and khan is certainly one of the fastest fighters in the sport.

I believe time has caught up with Floyd but the fighters he's facing don't poses the speed and the out put to be able to show it, Don't think for a second I think khan will win because I think Floyd would walk him right onto a right hook the same one he got Hatton with as he jumps in and stop him, but it would be nice to see how Floyd reacts and to see how he deals with not being a front runner as I feel khan would win rounds for sure....for as long as it lasts.

I would love to see this fight but
                      1. Kahn's speed while impressive does not compare to Moneys speed.
                      2. If you watched last nights fight it is obvious that time has NOT caught up with Floyd yet.
                      3. Kahn's chin is his demise and May will take advantage of that weakness and win possibly with a KO.
                      After last nights win over Canelo, i'm guessing it will be Kahn is the month of May and maybe Danny Garcia in Sept. Retirement soon after.

Comment

Working...
                      X