Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time 2 undefeated Ring Champions fought to unify a division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
    I think you could make an argument that Canelo is the best fighter 154-160 lb. I'm not making that argument but I wouldn't object terribly to people thinking he's #10 p4p or anything.

I didn't even know the Ring welterweight title was on the line for that one. Guerrero was hardly the #3 let alone #2 ranked welterewight; I'd put Marquez, Bradley, Pacquiao ahead of him in about that order.
    the only reason why canelo, broner, and robert guerrero made top p4p in ring is because of their connection with golden boy and al haymon and make floyd's cherry picking not seem like a cherry picking by using their power of ownership at ring mag to designate fighters top 10 p4p when they are not worthy.

all for the sake of propping up floyd's cherry pickings (floyd publicly admitted to this btw).

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
      when was the last time a 2x champion at a division asked a fellow division titlist to fight at a catchweight in the same division they hold a belt in?

THAT'S INSANE!!!!!

/thread

Comment

Tim Bradley.
        hes going to say he was with TOP RANK... they're always an excuse for Floyd not fighting someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
          Trout was #3 and Canelo was #2..and the Ring has Canelo at #9

Floyd already dominated Marquez and Manny was on a 2 fight lossing streak when Floyd fought Guerrero..Berto had lost Shane hasnt done anything..who should have been ranked #2 over Guerrero?
          Canelo wasn't even in most peoples top 5 at 154 at the time of the Trout fight. The RING did, but it's now a Golden Boy front. I'm not saying this to discredit Floyd/Canelo in any way, but the RING belt is genuinely worthless. It's a "glorified" WBC Diamond belt.

You say Manny was on a 2 fight losing streak, meaning you think Bradley deserved the win. That itself places him way above Guerrero. Can't have it both ways..

Comment

Tim Bradley.
            I agree his win over Manny should have placed him high..but his next fight was against a non ww...i can at least say Guerrero was fighting ww's at ww

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Canelo wasn't even in most peoples top 5 at 154 at the time of the Trout fight. The RING did, but it's now a Golden Boy front. I'm not saying this to discredit Floyd/Canelo in any way, but the RING belt is genuinely worthless. It's a "glorified" WBC Diamond belt.

You say Manny was on a 2 fight losing streak, meaning you think Bradley deserved the win. That itself places him way above Guerrero. Can't have it both ways..
              Ring rankings are the official rankings man thats what our sport goes by,if we had to go by everyone in the worlds opinion we would have millions of different rankings..so hey im a stating facts

Comment

I agree his win over Manny should have placed him high..but his next fight was against a non ww...i can at least say Guerrero was fighting ww's at ww
                His win over Manny places him much higher than a guy who beat Andre Berto. Not to mention his list of opposition that he took on at jr. welterweight making him a pound-for-pound fighter long before he took on Pacquiao.

Is the criteria for being #3 at welterweight really as simple as "beat Andre Berto?"

Comment

Tim Bradley.
                  tim bradley is with top rank....and he got a gift against pac and arguably lost against provodnikov....

if an unmotivated pac could easily outpoint bradley then mayweather would make him look like nothing...

Comment

Ring rankings are the official rankings man thats what our sport goes by,if we had to go by everyone in the worlds opinion we would have millions of different rankings..so hey im a stating facts
                    The only thing "official" about The Ring's rankings is that they are officially the rankings of Ring ****zine. If you want to talk official rankings then we're talking sanctioning bodies.

People used to put a lot of stock into the Ring, but really how much stock are you going to put in a ****zine that rated Adrien Broner above Manny Pacquiao?

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                      tim bradley is with top rank....and he got a gift against pac and arguably lost against provodnikov....

if an unmotivated pac could easily outpoint bradley then mayweather would make him look like nothing...
                      Then by this logic Manny should have been rated ahead of Guerrero, and Marquez even higher than Manny for beating him... unless you're trying to say that The Ring shouldn't be ranking Top Rank fighters anymore? Do wins not count if they're under Top Rank?

Comment

Working...
                      X