Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's better for boxing if... (Mayweather vs Canelo)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    A legit Alvarez victory is obviously better for the sport. A new cash cow is born, a great fighter is confirmed, and tons of good matchups are set up in the future.

Mayweather's on his way out and probably won't have another threat bigger than Alvarez the rest of his career. What about him winning is better than Alvarez winning?
    If Canelo beats Floyd they fight at least 2 more times. Other than with network conflicts was great matchups are there for him?

Comment

I'd have to say Mayweather. This is only because I don't feel Canelo is ready just yet. His ceiling is very high and there are some tough fights ahead of him but he hasn't been tested really at all. He's been fighting smaller guys for the most part and I think he could very well lose a rematch to a wiser Austin Trout. There's no doubt that he COULD be the new face of boxing but I'm not sure beating Mayweather is the key. This is like Hulk Hogan passing the crown to the Ultimate Warrior. Did not go as intended. Only time will tell and I'm all for whats best for the sport.

Comment

A robbery is the worst thing that can with all eyes on the sport this weekend

Comment

i think floyd has the more immediately exciting fight opportunities if he wins. it won't be much of a blow if alvarez loses; he'll still be popular and he won't sustain much damage against a fighter like floyd.

Comment

If Canelo wins, Floyd can take the De La Hoya rout, and start creating future starts

The thing about Canelo though is the he's not the best fighter in his division, and will get absolutely demolished when he goes up in weight. It'll be more like Buster Douglas after beating Tyson... People thought he'd be the next big thing, until Holyfield showed up

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
              If Canelo wins, Floyd can take the De La Hoya rout, and start creating future starts

The thing about Canelo though is the he's not the best fighter in his division, and will get absolutely demolished when he goes up in weight. It'll be more like Buster Douglas after beating Tyson... People thought he'd be the next big thing, until Holyfield showed up
              Who the **** is better than him at 154 if he beats Floyd?

Comment

I think it's better for boxing if Mayweather wins because Floyd is the superior boxer in the fight. It would be better for inferior boxers relying on "a puncher's chance" if Saul Alvarez wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  The Floyd brigade blasted me (as if they were getting a cut from the ppv profits) when I said that the best thing that can happen for the sport and us fans is when Floyd fought Guerrero if the ppv were to bomb because then showtime would put the fire under his azz to face canelo. That's exactly what happened and now we have one of the biggest fights in quite some time taking place in just a few days.

Personally I will be rooting for canelo but may the best man win without any controversy.
                  Canelo was next regardless to the PPV sales for the Guererro fight.

Was so obvious to see.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    A legit Alvarez victory is obviously better for the sport. A new cash cow is born, a great fighter is confirmed, and tons of good matchups are set up in the future.

Mayweather's on his way out and probably won't have another threat bigger than Alvarez the rest of his career. What about him winning is better than Alvarez winning?
                    Matthysse is a bigger or atleast as big a threat as Canelo IMO.

Comment

Anyone other than Canelo worthy of me paying to watch fight Floyd, fights on HBO.

Martinez, GGG, Pac....

If Floyd wins, who do we get to see him fight his last 4 against? Garcia/Lucas, Khan, Alexander?

A legit Canelo win would be the best possible outcome.

What chance does there stand for Floyd to be on the losing side of a poor decision? I thought about this earlier, as this is the only thing stopping me from putting $1,000 in on this fight with the guys from work.

Comment

Working...
                      X