Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's better for boxing if... (Mayweather vs Canelo)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's better for boxing if... (Mayweather vs Canelo)

Which is better for boxing? a Canelo win or a Mayweather win?

Mayweather possible future opponents if he wins:
    Matthysse/Garcia winner
    Khan
    Canelo rematch (if close)
    Broner

or

Canelo becoming a super star at 23 with a victory and possibly carrying the sport for the next decade.
    A Mayweather victory
    34.48%
    A Canelo victory
    65.52%

A clean victory for either is what boxing needs I'm fine with whoever wins as long as there is no jany business going on

Comment

It's best if the fight is entertaining and the right man has his hand raised.

Comment

I think it will be better if Canelo wins.

Comment

The Floyd brigade blasted me (as if they were getting a cut from the ppv profits) when I said that the best thing that can happen for the sport and us fans is when Floyd fought Guerrero if the ppv were to bomb because then showtime would put the fire under his azz to face canelo. That's exactly what happened and now we have one of the biggest fights in quite some time taking place in just a few days.

Personally I will be rooting for canelo but may the best man win without any controversy.
          Last edited by Deevel916; 09-09-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
            A clean victory for either is what boxing needs I'm fine with whoever wins as long as there is no jany business going on
            This right here. Either one is good as long as its not some bs robbery IMO

Comment

Did Leonard's loss to Duran dash his hopes of carrying the sport for the next decade?

Mayweather-Pacquiao is still THE most important fight in boxing and needs to happen for closure purposes, before the fight becomes a complete parody of itself (ala Hopkins-Jones II).

What's best for boxing is if both win their next fights in impressive fashion and get it on next spring.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Comment

Best thing IMO is a an entertaining fight, that ends without controversy, and is better than the semi main.

Comment

don't like either, so no rooting interest in this fight
                  Floyd will retire if he loses, so it's better if Alvarez wins
                  0 chance of that happening though, so just hope the clinic is exciting
                  Lucas-Garcia will salvage the night no matter what happens here
                  so long as we got that, fuck the main event

Comment

A legit Alvarez victory is obviously better for the sport. A new cash cow is born, a great fighter is confirmed, and tons of good matchups are set up in the future.

Mayweather's on his way out and probably won't have another threat bigger than Alvarez the rest of his career. What about him winning is better than Alvarez winning?

Comment

Working...
                    X