Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Mayweather vs. Prime Cotto: who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
    i honestly don't care what you are anyone on here disagrees with......i know what i saw. msoley vs cotto was razor close...........if you can't see that theres no hope......even the judges who were in a pro rican crowed scored it only 2 points. if they flipped one of those points for mosley
    A lot of people had Burns-Beltran by 2 points. Herp de derp flip some points and Burns wins? That makes no sense because Beltran clearly deserved the decision as did Cotto on that night. Close but clear victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      A lot of people had Burns-Beltran by 2 points. Herp de derp flip some points and Burns wins? That makes no sense because Beltran clearly deserved the decision as did Cotto on that night. Close but clear victory.
      beltran and burns? is this serious? beltran battered burns, knocked him down, hurt him repeatedly through out the fight. broke his jaw............had him grabbing and gasping for air for most of the fight. i had beltran by 3 rounds.........

if you're comparing that to cotto vs mosley..............

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        How long was Meldrick Taylor's prime? Surely he wasn't prime when he turned pro, he needed to develop, and then JCC beat it out of him. It DOES happen.

And honestly, I don't care how you scored it either. I know what I saw and how I scored it, that's what matters to me. See how hard it is to debate that? You feel how you feel, I feel how I feel, no point in debating this issue anymore.
        when was meldrick taylor prime? I'll give you the exact date............when he fought Primo Ramos. thats 11 fights before chevez.......none of those 11 fights was even close.........& taylor only had like 22 fights under his belt before fighting chavez. cotto had like 32 before fighting margarito........

it doesn't make sense dude..............

& the sad thing is i never really considered taylor to be this potentially great fighter. i just thought he had some good tools (speed and combinations)

Comment

• Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
          Boxing didnt become a sport because people liked to watch fighters count their money. You can dangle the term prizefighting as much as floyd dangles his bentleys and pretend that's the only thing that matters.

That, my friend, is non factual standards that only apply to floyd based on whatever you conclude is valid.

While EVERY fighter could have fought other opponents...the truly great ones are the ones that ACTUALLY DID IT...so dont try to put Floyd in with that group...its what separates him from them.
          Respectfully, boxing is a boxer's job. From a boxer's perspective, not a fan's perspective, you fight the fights that are the most lucrative. Before the ppv era, those fights were against the toughest comp. In this era, where names make money without fighting the best fights and things are ratings driven, its different. Boxing used to be one of the 2-3 biggest sports in the US, it isn't anymore.

Floyd's money doesn't make him great, its beating 22 world champions, many before titles became so watered down.

If you don't think floyd is truly great well that is your opinion. If you want to go the route of labeling only the fights he didn't have as the "best" or "toughest" be my guest.

While he didn't do it like Leonard or ALi or SRR, floyd has reached the pinnacle and he i the best fighter of his generation as those men were. He will be a 1st ballot HOF'er. My guess is he will end up being ranked somewherein the top 15-25 or 30 fighters ever, depending on what he does the rest of his career.

If you see it otherwise you are entitled to.

Comment

beltran and burns? is this serious? beltran battered burns, knocked him down, hurt him repeatedly through out the fight. broke his jaw............had him grabbing and gasping for air for most of the fight. i had beltran by 3 rounds.........

if you're comparing that to cotto vs mosley..............

In terms of points scored, a lot of people had it 115-113. I wasn't comparing the nature of the fights. Bottom line, Cotto won - saying you can flip some points here and there doesn't mean anything because it was clear who deserved the decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              Never been accused of being Mayweather hater. It's sad that just because you think the guy might lose a fight, you're labeled Nationalistic or a Hater of him. No objectivity at all.

If I break it down, you'll just put "LMAO, Floyd dominates doe". Nobody on here should ever complain about Larryx again, he's an objective fan. Some of these Floyd fans are repugnant.
              What's with all the whining and excuses? I only asked if you were a Maywearher hater, i didn't accuse you. You stated an unpopular opinion without backing it up. Had you simply explained how you came to reach your unpopular opinion when you 1st stated it, then I wouldn't have to assume what your agenda is. If you don't want to give a break down to support your opinion then you don't have to, if that's how it's going to be then don't start whining when people assume that your unpopular opinion is based on an agenda instead of objective observation.

Comment

when was meldrick taylor prime? I'll give you the exact date............when he fought Primo Ramos. thats 11 fights before chevez.......none of those 11 fights was even close.........& taylor only had like 22 fights under his belt before fighting chavez. cotto had like 32 before fighting margarito........

it doesn't make sense dude..............

& the sad thing is i never really considered taylor to be this potentially great fighter. i just thought he had some good tools (speed and combinations)
                Then what was Cotto's prime to you? When did it start and when did it end?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  In terms of points scored, a lot of people had it 115-113. I wasn't comparing the nature of the fights. Bottom line, Cotto won - saying you can flip some points here and there doesn't mean anything because it was clear who deserved the decision.
                  you should have never brought up the beltran fight...........on one end you had a guy being hurt (burns) and his jaw was broken. hanging on for dear life in many of the rounds. cotto vs mosley was a back and fourth fight with both guys for the most part giving just as good as they got. 2 totally different fights..........and i gave cotto the fight by one point which means i didn't have him losing on my card. but the people who had it a draw is totally understandable..........it's the kind of fight that you can change one or 2 points.

burns and beltran isn't that at all............

so what are you really arguing here?

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                    Floyd retired awhile after the Hatton fight, both sides did not attempt to make the fight.
                    Didn't take him long to reach out to Cotto when Cotto fought in December against Tony in 2011 and they announced the fight in January.

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                    Not true, he fought Gomez and agreed to fight Tony before Floyd retired. That's what he's talking about, would you care to explain that?
                    Cotto and Gomez didn't agree until January. Floyd fight could have been discussed before.

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                    Neither did Cotto.
                    Never said Floyd was ducking, but he didn't seem particularly confident either.

Comment

• Would be a good competitve fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X