No announcement yet.

Power, where does it come from...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
    It is something you are born with. Trust me there are guys that hit you and you can feel the weight of the punch. And then you look at them and they are not the biggest or have the best technique.
    100%. You can make improvements no doubt, but ultimately it comes down to what you're born with.

I have said before on this topic, a friend of mine is built like pencil and doesn't work out much. He hits like train.

Comment

heavy handed mutha****as tend to hit hard.... what does that mean?

guys with big hands/ wrist... heavy bones.... but in general those guys can be quite slow.... and it doesn't necessarily mean KO power.... it just means thudding, hard shots....

now as far as KO power.... i guess people with greater fast twitch fibers are more likely to have the ability to one punch KO power especially if they're relatively heavy handed....

and true KO's often have as much to do with the puncher and the guy getting KO'd....

how good is his chin? how well did he make weight? later in fights, how good is his stamina? and so on....

very few fighters outside of the heavyweight divisions have genuine one punch ko power....

i'd say close to 0.01% of fighters.....

the point being? well it's very unlikely you'll be able to develop 'punch power'....

ofcourse technique and explosive training can help.... but it can't change your genetics or dna....

heavy bones are genetic as are fast twitch fibers.

Comment

Only a non-boxer would say your born with it. Power is taught, and true power comes from snap which is still being taught by some trainers.

People get confused power with chins. Your born with a chin or not thats the saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Grizzley View Post
          Only a non-boxer would say your born with it. Power is taught, and true power comes from snap which is still being taught by some trainers.

People get confused power with chins. Your born with a chin or not thats the saying.
          I'm sorry but no amount of teaching is going to turn Chris Byrd into David Tua.

Comment

Working...
          X