Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIDEO: Roger Mayweather "Floyd aint nothin but 130 lbs"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's been fighting evenly sized guys since DLH and appears to be the more conditioned/muscular one in the weigh-ins.

Comment

floyd was actually the smaller man when he fought marquez. what courage.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        just because he's bigger & stronger doesnt mean he's a full fledged WW. He's just a grown man now. He's still very very very small for the weight. There is no denying that. You see his weight on fight night compared to guys even at 140 & LW. You see him in between fights walking around compared to other guys. You see them in person. Ive seen all these dudes and he's smaller than nearly every 140 pounder Ive seen
        I think he's a solid 147/150. I believe the reason he looks so small in comparison to other WW's is because he doesn't cut weight (or too much, anyway). Whereas other WW's come into the fight weighing 158+.

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
          From middleweight on down all fighters look small. You ever met Sergio Martinez in person? Skinny looking guy that everyone that doesn't know him may swear they can beat him up. Fighters like Vargas, Chavez Jr, looked big when they weren't in the ring because they allowed themselves to ballon in weight. Some fighters forget boxing doesn't have an off season. You ever seen Giovanni Segura in person looks like a 4th grader. Boxers are deceiving.

Floyd is supposed to be the goat yet, his fans, he and camp always end up making excuses for him for when the day comes that he should lose they want people to say "he is a small fighter, fighting at a higher weight". Floyd add mass very quickly and it was more obvious during the lead up to Canelo. Floyd looked like the bigger fighter in the ring against Guererro.

I've said it before as hard as Floyd trains he sure adds a lot of mass very quickly, wonder what he takes?
          You are right. I recall meeting Sandro Lopopulo the 140 lb WBC champion when I was in Ancona Italy, and he was just before beginning training for a title fight against Carlos Hernandez. He was about 155 and I was astonished at how small he was. He was about 3 inches shorter than I but it seemed as if he were only up to my shoulder, but very broad. Phoney Phloyd is 5'8" and has "muscles like Marquez"....and has had for years. Thats' a nice sounding phrase...catchy.

I've written about meeting Lopopulo before, and that I was fascinated by the group of midgets all with bent noses and beady black eyes, most in the traditional "turtle-neck" sweaters.

Comment

Floyd comes in to fights at 150,there are guys at 130-135 who come in at that..that being said Floyd can not make 130 and be healthy

Comment

"Yeaah, it stink!" Awesome response!

Comment

He couldn't or wouldn't make the agreed weight of 144 for Marquez. 144 should be easy for a 130 pounder.I believe Floyd could make 140 if he really wanted to but he would have to dry out alot to do it. His 130 and 135 days are gone. He is a very muscular welterweight with no sign of fat at all. Roger is full of **** as usual. A 130 pounder fighting a full Jr. middleweight like Canelo sounds impressive but it is just not true.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Dude, don't you remember? Floyd let them show his fight night weight 1 time since 2007. That usually means there's something to hide. maybe not much, cause we know the guy is hypersensitive
                  And that 1 time was in 2011 against Ortiz where he was 150 and looked EXACTLY LIKE HE DOES IN EVERY FIGHT

Comment

Looking at those pictures of Floyd at the weigh in for Cotto and Mosley it's clear Mayweather is a very lean muscular full sized welterweight. He is bigger than Pacquiao naturally by 6 or 8 pounds and that's why he fought Cotto at 154 while Pacquiao refused to fight Cotto any heavier than 150.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                      Floyd comes in to fights at 150,there are guys at 130-135 who come in at that..that being said Floyd can not make 130 and be healthy
                      The exact point I was making.

Comment

Working...
                      X