Collapse
No announcement yet.

I sparred a professional tomato can and I got whooped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im 24 now, back when i was 14 i boxed for about 2 years then stopped and then got back into it at 21 for about a year, officially done with boxing competitively, but in my times ive been able to spar a few good boxers, angel ocascio (7-0-2) as a pro, i fought and sparred anthony flores (9-4-1) as a pro, twice sparred danny garcia, i was very inexperience and it was light work, more recently a friend of my greg hackett who is (1-10) as pro. most deceiving record, hes a small guy should be 140 but is lazy and has been fighting between 154-168 for a pay check, i truly believe his record would be the opposite way around if he had taken it serious and fought at his weight class. point being even "bums" would whoop 98% of the people on these sites.

Comment

Also to add some guys just aren't good at performing in front of an audience because of nerves and such I've heard around gyms of fighters that would run guys out of gyms sparring but had ***** records cause they would clam up etc I have def experienced that theres def a certain comfort level to sparring in the same gym infront of the same people day in and day out that you totally lose in a real match some guys can handle it some can't. I respect anyone that gets up in the ring period its not as easy as some think

Comment

The only pro i would jump in the ring with would be charlie zelenoff. I'd take 5 to land a andrew golota flurry...

Comment

what's your point? you suck.... and the guy you fought was a bum....

Comment

RVABoxer 100% agree. its one thing to be in the gym. but when there are hundreds of people watching it def. test your nerves. once the bell rang all the nerves left for the most part, tho i would still be somewhat tight

Comment

Excellent thread. People dont understand that some of these "bums" they speak of are actually good boxers, its just that there are other fighters out there that are better.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                This is why I have a problem with the avg fans calling pro fighters bums...

I have sparred many pros in my career and even now once in a while in the ring and the one's that people would call "bums" would beat the **** out of 90% of most people.

I sparred Edvan Barros about a year ago, and he ran circles around me.
                I've in with some years ago and believe me there are very few "bums in the ring." I once heard about how "horrible John Ruiz was" after he was KTFO'd by Tua and then watched him spar while I was hitting the bag. If that is "horrible" then let me be that bad is what I thought at the time.

It takes balls to box at the pro level,much respect for all those who enter the squared circle in any capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                  I am sick of seeing ****** comments made by people who think they know it all as far as boxing is concerned and labeling 90% of boxers as bums or no good.
                  People like that are essentially calling THEMSELVES a Bum. The reason is simple math. Any man who makes it to the top 2%, 3% in the world or even on a national level of what they do for a living should never be called a bum. They have made it to a level that thousands have failed at. Otherwise, anyone calling someone like that a bum is really saying that they themselves are a bum because I doubt they are in the top 2%, 3% in the world at what they do for a living. I would actually be shocked if ANYONE on here is in the top 2%, 3% in the world at what they do for a living. Probably not even in the top 2%, 3% in the same City at what they do for a living. Does that mean everyone here is a bum? No. So next time someone calls a top 20 fighter a bum, they are indicating that they themselves are worse than a Bum.
                  Last edited by richardt; 08-29-2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by benny215 View Post
                    im 24 now, back when i was 14 i boxed for about 2 years then stopped and then got back into it at 21 for about a year, officially done with boxing competitively, but in my times ive been able to spar a few good boxers, angel ocascio (7-0-2) as a pro, i fought and sparred anthony flores (9-4-1) as a pro, twice sparred danny garcia, i was very inexperience and it was light work, more recently a friend of my greg hackett who is (1-10) as pro. most deceiving record, hes a small guy should be 140 but is lazy and has been fighting between 154-168 for a pay check, i truly believe his record would be the opposite way around if he had taken it serious and fought at his weight class. point being even "bums" would whoop 98% of the people on these sites.
                    Totally agree. I was surprised by the amount of fanboys on this site who if they don't like your opinion...they trash you.

Comment

Originally posted by James_Toney View Post
                      what's your point? you suck.... and the guy you fought was a bum....
                      i gotta agree with this guy.

you must really be one nonathletic amateur bum to lose to a professional bum.

Comment

Working...
                      X