Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dream match: Barrera Vs. Rigondeaux @ 122 lb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Yes i know,, thats why i said MAB would win more rounds,, i dont think he would get the KD,,, I had rigo-donaire being 116-111,, i can see the mab fight being a close 115-113,,,,

Mab has never faced a guy as skilled and slick as rigo,,, yes MAB fought alot of tough, great fighters, but manny, morales, and prince dont have the defense and slickness of a rigo,,, i just think he is a style nightmare for MAB..

A poster did make a great point about Barrera's jab and that will control the counterpunching rigo,,, I also believe that, but dont think it would be enough to beat rigo,, i think the jab keeps mab in the fight and will help him from looking amateurish like donaire looked, but i dont think it will win him enough rounds,,,
    i still think rigo 115-113, maybe a split decision,,,
    i just think rigo's style would be a nightmare for MAB.. IMO
    Barrera utilized his jab different than most, he would throw it out there whilst waiting for incoming shots, it was an effective jab used to bait his opponents in as well. As he threw it he was able to counter/ roll incoming shots. In my honest opinion, this is a case of Barrera more than holding his own outside, while working Rigondeaux up close, hurting Rigo or possibly even scoring a knock down or two. In the bold, Marquez man.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      Barrera utilized his jab different than most, he would throw it out there whilst waiting for incoming shots, it was an effective jab used to bait his opponents in as well. As he threw it he was able to counter/ roll incoming shots. In my honest opinion, this is a case of Barrera more than holding his own outside, while working Rigondeaux up close, hurting Rigo or possibly even scoring a knock down or two. In the bold, Marquez man.
      I disagree,, you show me the great mexican fighter, and i will show you a slick boxer you beat them

morales- raheem
      jmm- floyd
      chavez- pernell
      Mab- jones...

why did MAB struggle so bad with junior jones twice, yet you think he will beat rigo who is about 10x better than jones,,,

would MAB get blown out,,, no,, but does he win,, no

what does junior jones do so much better than rigo that he was able to defeat mab twice with one stoppage, yet you dont think rigo would beat mab..

and jmm and rigo are completely different creatures,,,
      yes both counterpunch,,, but punches dont land on rigo,, and jmm gets light up and bloodied damn near every fight win or lose,,,
      rigo a superior defender than jmm

Comment

I disagree,, you show me the great mexican fighter, and i will show you a slick boxer you beat them

morales- raheem
        jmm- floyd
        chavez- pernell
        Mab- jones...

why did MAB struggle so bad with junior jones twice, yet you think he will beat rigo who is about 10x better than jones,,,

what does junior jones do so much better than rigo that he was able to defeat mab twice with one stoppage, yet you dont think rigo would beat mab..

yes both counterpunch,,, but punches dont land on rigo,, and jmm gets light up and bloodied damn near every fight win or lose,,,
        Chavez struggled with Pernell simply because, while Whitaker was the superior boxer Pernell could fight in the pocket as well as anybody, had the physical strength to tangle and a damn good chin to go with it as well. Ringondeaux hasn't shown that he can do that. What part of that don't you get? On top of that the few times he's been clipped cleanly he didn't take it so well. Unless you honestly believe Rigondeaux can keep him off entirely, we can only agree to disagree.

I like that you bring up Marquez-Mayweather, that was a fight in which Mayweather utilized a consistent jab which Sr. helped bring back. That's exactly how he controlled Marquez, by not giving him much to counter off of. It kept Marquez from setting up an attack. Which is what I said, the way to control a predominant counter puncher is by jabbing him whilst moving around him.

Comment

morales- raheem
          jmm- floyd
          chavez- pernell
          Mab- jones...

to be fair, Junior Jones was a lot bigger than Rigo and this was before MAB reinvented his style...that was the brawling version of MAB..the one that became a boxer/puncher, the more technical version would be a lot to handle for Rigo

Comment

MAB is one of my favorite all time fighters and hell so is Rigo fight would be a war. Toss up imo.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              to be fair, Junior Jones was a lot bigger than Rigo and this was before MAB reinvented his style...that was the brawling version of MAB..the one that became a boxer/puncher, the more technical version would be a lot to handle for Rigo
              You can't pose around Barrera, rehearse combinations, and think you can land that one clean shot occasionally, that simply will not work.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                You can't pose around Barrera, rehearse combinations, and think you can land that one clean shot occasionally, that simply will not work.

you can't even pose in front of MAB during a presser

Comment

Originally posted by trfcdan86 View Post
                  Good matchup but you gotta go with MAB, he walks through Rigo all night and lands at will in the later rounds.
                  dafuq?.......

Comment

you can't even pose in front of MAB during a presser

Man, not even hating Rigondeaux, I defend him as much as anybody even though truthfully I didn't think he was gonna beat Donaire. I'd like to see how his career unfolds.

Comment

Yes you are correct,, but MAB didnt become a more technical fighter till he landed at featherweight and superfeather,,,,

@ 122 MAB was a brawler and i think rigo would beat him at 122
                      and the thread is @ 122.....

but you and doctor make some very valid points,,,,
                      I enjoy our little debate because you guys have actual logic and valid points unlike most nsb fanboy posters,,,,

Comment

Working...
                      X