Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dream match: Barrera Vs. Rigondeaux @ 122 lb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo. I don't see how Marco deals with the speed. As technical as MAB was, Rigo is greater. Sorry, and i love Marco.

Now, how about Morales. To me that's more interesting due to Morales' length and weird craftiness/angles.

I think he gives Rigo more problems at 122 than MAB, Pac, Prince, etc.

Comment

refer to the Junior Jones fights for a strong indicator of what would happen

Comment

Barrera is an ATG but he just doesn't have the boxing chops to beat Rigo.

Not now, not then, not ever.

Comment

Originally posted by MAKING_MONEY
          Dream? more like Nightmare match for Mexicans.

Barrera aint touching a slick fighter with defense man. Remember how Junior Jones chopped him up?

Rigo easy work. Easier than Nonito .. he would actually stop Barrera
          in that case, Morales ends Rigo.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            No it doesn't, it's quite the opposite. You need a jab to control a counter puncher, to disrupt his rhythm and MAB has the chin to tangle as well. I'd go with MAB here.
            I'll admit its been a while since I've watched prime Barrera. I'm certainly not going to say he get's wiped out, because that would never, ever happen against Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              Barrerra wins easy

Rigo can run but he can't hide and Barrerra has a iron chin
              This guy is still butt hurt about donaire losing

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                Rigo. I don't see how Marco deals with the speed. As technical as MAB was, Rigo is greater. Sorry, and i love Marco.

Now, how about Morales. To me that's more interesting due to Morales' length and weird craftiness/angles.

I think he gives Rigo more problems at 122 than MAB, Pac, Prince, etc.
                Just no, Barrera mixes it up in close better than Morales did. Morales will stand right in the range where Rigondeaux likes. Barrera chances are better, he'll jab Rigondeaux, move around him then get close.

Comment

No it doesn't, it's quite the opposite. You need a jab to control a counter puncher, to disrupt his rhythm and MAB has the chin to tangle as well. I'd go with MAB here.
                  This. It's astonishing that Rigo is winning this poll. Barrera had all the tools to neutralize Rigo and make him uncomfortable. Rigo's speed doesn't mean anything when he's not aggressive enough and Barrera is taking his jab away.

It would be a close fight, sure, but I can't believe that Rigo is winning this poll.

Comment

Barrera has way more tools than Donaire, what the hell man.
                    Yes i know,, thats why i said MAB would win more rounds,, i dont think he would get the KD,,, I had rigo-donaire being 116-111,, i can see the mab fight being a close 115-113,,,,

Mab has never faced a guy as skilled and slick as rigo,,, yes MAB fought alot of tough, great fighters, but manny, morales, and prince dont have the defense and slickness of a rigo,,, i just think he is a style nightmare for MAB..

A poster did make a great point about Barrera's jab and that will control the counterpunching rigo,,, I also believe that, but dont think it would be enough to beat rigo,, i think the jab keeps mab in the fight and will help him from looking amateurish like donaire looked, but i dont think it will win him enough rounds,,,
                    i still think rigo 115-113, maybe a split decision,,,
                    i just think rigo's style would be a nightmare for MAB.. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                      This. It's astonishing that Rigo is winning this poll. Barrera had all the tools to neutralize Rigo and make him uncomfortable. Rigo's speed doesn't mean anything when he's not aggressive enough and Barrera is taking his jab away.

It would be a close fight, sure, but I can't believe that Rigo is winning this poll.
                      Same here, it's like Rigondeaux has not shown me that he can sit in the pocket against this caliber of opponent, does he even have the durability to tangle? Barrera will jab, feint, getting close isn't gonna be as troubling as most people think. I trust that Rigondeaux reaches the final bell, but I can't see him winning a decision. MAB can get a little dirty too.

Comment

Working...
                      X