No announcement yet.

Pulev will be exposed when he steps up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    underrate pulev at your peril. he may not be flashy but he's really damn difficult to beat. i think he'd make someone like haye look absolutely awful.
    What exactly do you base that on if I may ask?

Comment

Pulev is not a flashy fighter, he isn't brilliantly quick but he does have a good chin, ok amounts of power and a well schooled background in the sport. Fury v Pulev would be awesome fun since Fury is always there to fight and he won't be able to push Pulev around like he has some previous opponents.

Pulev v Haye would just be Haye using speed and reflexes to hit the guy all night long. I'd like to see the fight after he KOs Fury simply so that there are no other mandos for Wlad to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I had the feeling yesterday, that if it was 2008 Tony Thompson from the first Wlad fight, he would have won. He just showed his age a little in this fight, but his awkwardness was still there.

I was highly unimpressed with Pulev last night. He didn't seem to have much snap on his punches and his skills are not what you would expect from a supposed top 5 heavy. Some people even said he was number 3! I don't think so.

I think Pulev is a tough guy, but can easily be outboxed especially by someone who has a little more fitness than TT and more snap behind his jab.

Basically, Pulev didn't show what he should have showed. But TT is a tough customer and showed against Price that he still has something in him.

What did you think? Is he good enough to be a top heavy?
        I think hes on the level of a chageav. hes solid but nothing special. Id favor wlad,,vitali,,,haye and povetkin to all beat him. he may beat the rest

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          I think hes on the level of a chageav. hes solid but nothing special. Id favor wlad,,vitali,,,haye and povetkin to all beat him. he may beat the rest
          I agree. He seems to be doing most things good but nothing particularly great. Much like Chagaev.

Although to his credit, his work rate and heart cannot be questioned.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            Pulev is what he is! His game is limited as it's all 1-2s and 1-2-3s coming in and coming out in straight lines, that's about 90% of what he does. So far it has worked for him.

Wlad's boxing is kind of similar to Pulev's except that he has power and he's really good in the clinch and knows how to use his strength. Wlad is more about 1-1-2s or 1-1-1s still straight lines in and out, and it makes sense because he is tall.

Now to the Thompson vs Pulev fight. Pulev won in my opinion every round after the first 3 rounds and I can see how somebody could score the 1st round a draw and give the second one to Pulev. Thompson is the FIRST southpaw Pulev has faced in the pros and he only had a month to prepare for him. Was he that unimpressive?

Now let's not act like Wlad, Vitaly,Haye, Fury and Povetkin haven't had average or bad outings. Povetkin had the Marco Huck fiasco and now he's fighting Wlad
            Good point. Also don't forget he's been inactive and this his first fight in almost a year.

Comment

Wow... You guys strongly underrate Kubrat Pulev. You don't know much about him and his boxing style. After the match with Thomspon he said, that he didn't show its full potential.
              And he wanted to hide some things from Klitschko. He also said, that he was cautious against Thompson and he is not necessarily looking for a knockout. We still not seen the best of Kubrat Pulev...
              Last edited by Kobra Pulev; 09-14-2013, 05:23 AM.

Comment

The guy was out of the ring 11 months don't forget that.and another point I feel worth mentioning is he showed TT far too much respect as if TT was holding onto a Hail Mary punch that he could release at any time,TT does not possess that punch IMO just because he got the big oaf Price out twice doesn't mean he's some super hard punching wrecking machine,honestly speaking did he actually land anything big on Price,I've seen both fights and I saw nothing of concern.TT's biggest attribute is his stance,that is it.

The Pulve TT fight was a frustrating one,but he got the job done against a guy who clearly wasn't easy to tag early in the fight.it fairness to Pulev he needed rounds and he got them.

You say when he steps up,he will be exppsed,I couldn't agree more,the next step is Wladimir Klitschko ffs ! He could very well have benefited fighting Fury or Haye but Fury for one wouldn't share a ring with him,as neither would Adamek ! Haye I heard was offered the fight too but didn't want it.thr guy can only beat what's in front of him and so far he's passed the tests with flying colours IMO.

Lets hope we one day get to see Haye or Fury fight him.I doubt it'll ever happen for obvious reasons though.

Comment

Andrew i can't help but feel you're already trying to underplay Wladimir's next opponent should he beat Pusvetkin.this is a constant theme with you.youre a Haye fan,the better opposition Wladimir beats it actually makes Haye look better himself from my viewpoint.if you took time to promote these guys to yourself you'd realise the level of competition Wlad is beating and thus Haye's loss on points doesn't look as bad as first site.Haye landed two or three huge shots,Wach landed one,TT landed jack,Haye has been Wlad's toughest test in recent years.forget the toe that **** doesn't interest me,it was a cheap shot at undermining the victory and or trying to land a lucrative rematch.hell had the fight have been close it may have worked in his favor for a rematch.right now we need Haye to beat the likes of Pulev,Chagaev and Povetkin if he really wants a rematch.whicj i have no doubt he actually does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                    He wasn't that bad, but he looks tailor-made for a guy like Fury.
                    Funny, I'd have it the other way round. Fury ain't really got the power to put the hurt on Pulev, and Pulev is too big and physically strong for Fury to smother him with size. Pulev showed how he handles the bigger guys already. Fury would be eating jabs until he folded (or, as an outside chance, the final bell).

Yeah, I don't see Pulev as a major challenge for Wlad, who is better than Pulev at everything Pulev's good at, but against almost anyone else, I favour Pulev.

If anything, I'd say it'd be the smaller, quicker guys who'd do best 'gainst Pulev, Adamek say, but even here I'd favour Kubrat.

The problem is Pulev simply does not fight an attractive fight, he puts in solid, predictable and workmanlike performances that grind an opponent down without exposing himself to undue risk. And it works.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      Fury would have Pulev

There is not a single threat Pulev poses for Fury
                      Again, obviously it's your opinion, but Kubrat's shown what he can do to the bigger guys. I'm wondering what threat you think Fury poses to Pulev? Without being able to impose his size, I think Fury would just be punished all night by the Pulev jab, and he's already shown his vulnerability.

Pulev is physically the largest (with the possible exception of the craptacular Firtha) and strongest guy Fury would ever have faced, and despite his unspectacular style, a very capable boxer to boot.

Even if you feel Pulev over rated I cannot see Tyson Fury as the guy to exploit it.

Comment

Working...
                      X