No announcement yet.

Pulev will be exposed when he steps up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
    No, Fury is simply not good enough for anyone half-decent to be "taylor-made" for him.

As for Pulev, he is very solid but nothing special imo. He has no obvious weaknesses other than being a somewhat slow starter, but he doesn't excel at any one thing. I don't think he has a chance against Wlad, and I wouldn't pick him over Haye and Vitali, but he can beat everyone else.
    Did you not see how clueless Pulev looked fighting on the back foot?. He also has zero infighting skills. Fury is also very active, Pulev is not. Both have about the same power. Fury is by far the bigger man and has a longer reach.

So yeah i believe he is tailor-made for Fury.

Comment

Pulev is what he is! His game is limited as it's all 1-2s and 1-2-3s coming in and coming out in straight lines, that's about 90% of what he does. So far it has worked for him.

Wlad's boxing is kind of similar to Pulev's except that he has power and he's really good in the clinch and knows how to use his strength. Wlad is more about 1-1-2s or 1-1-1s still straight lines in and out, and it makes sense because he is tall.

Now to the Thompson vs Pulev fight. Pulev won in my opinion every round after the first 3 rounds and I can see how somebody could score the 1st round a draw and give the second one to Pulev. Thompson is the FIRST southpaw Pulev has faced in the pros and he only had a month to prepare for him. Was he that unimpressive?

Now let's not act like Wlad, Vitaly,Haye, Fury and Povetkin haven't had average or bad outings. Povetkin had the Marco Huck fiasco and now he's fighting Wlad.
      Last edited by pesticid; 08-25-2013, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        He wasn't that bad, but he looks tailor-made for a guy like Fury.
        It's funny because I feel like Fury is tailor made for Pulev...

Comment

Well he took a step up and won a clear decision in it. He already is A top heavy. He's gotten clear wins over two other top ten Ring-ranked heavies. Is he good enough to be THE top heavy? I doubt it but he earned the shot as much as anybody and now he's getting it. One thing I gotta say about Pulev is something you could say about Thompson too. Don't bother judging him like a standard boxer. He's not very orthodox. There's no point.

You're missing his level by judging him like he's trying to do everything by the book. He's not. He's found his own way that works for him. He's misleading to look at if you're judging him that way. Throws punches in a wacky way, has a weird defense...but he's getting the job done. The only thing that's gonna be "exposed" is that he's a very good fighter and not anything more than that. That's all that's left that's gonna be exposed, Lace.

I think he's close to even money with anyone who isn't Wlad in the top ten. There's no shame in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
            It's funny because I feel like Fury is tailor made for Pulev...
            State your reasons.

Comment

State your reasons.
              Fights with Dimiternko and Ustinov showed that he knows how to deal with much taller, slow guys. Fury is both tall and slow. Plus he's chinny, has an average power. Pulev has very good chin and I don't think Tyson with his, again,
              average power would be able to do some damage.

I know Fury has inside game, blah, blah. He has, but he also has huge holes in his defence. And that chin.

With that being said I'll be rooting for Fury with all my heart on Sept 28, guy is really funny and charismatic.

TS: That was a step up for Pulev yesterday. Tony is a very, very good fighter with awkward style. Most people know him from his losses to Wlad. OK he lost to Wlad but who didn't? On the top of that he gave Klitschko a lot of problems especially in their first fight.

Pulev is a good, solid fighter, he'd beat Fury but would be eaten alive by Wlad IMO And call me crazy but I think even today's Adamek would beat both Kubrat and Tyson. But I may be biased so..

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                I had the feeling yesterday, that if it was 2008 Tony Thompson from the first Wlad fight, he would have won. He just showed his age a little in this fight, but his awkwardness was still there.

I was highly unimpressed with Pulev last night. He didn't seem to have much snap on his punches and his skills are not what you would expect from a supposed top 5 heavy. Some people even said he was number 3! I don't think so.

I think Pulev is a tough guy, but can easily be outboxed especially by someone who has a little more fitness than TT and more snap behind his jab.

Basically, Pulev didn't show what he should have showed. But TT is a tough customer and showed against Price that he still has something in him.

What did you think? Is he good enough to be a top heavy?
                Pulev already did step up. If I remember right, he beat Dimitrenko, Ustinov and now Thompson.

Comment

Did you not see how clueless Pulev looked fighting on the back foot?. He also has zero infighting skills. Fury is also very active, Pulev is not. Both have about the same power. Fury is by far the bigger man and has a longer reach.

Pulev having zero infighting skills is simply not true, and it's "off the back foot" btw.

Fury, on the other hand has zero anything. For all his size, he is not even much of a puncher. We are talking about a guy who hit himself in the face during a fight, needed a gift decision against John McDermott and got knocked down and nearly out by an old blown up cruiser in his last fight. Who is taylor made for him? Maybe Audley Harrison.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                    Pulev having zero infighting skills is simply not true, and it's "off the back foot" btw.

Fury, on the other hand has zero anything. For all his size, he is not even much of a puncher. We are talking about a guy who hit himself in the face during a fight, needed a gift decision against John McDermott and got knocked down and nearly out by an old blown up cruiser in his last fight. Who is taylor made for him? Maybe Audley Harrison.
                    I'll decide.

Pulev is crap, too inactive, no power, CAN'T FIGHT GOING BACKWARDS.

Tyson Fury is a totally different fighter than what he was even one year ago.

Comment

I didn't see it, but I can't imagine pulev looked more clueless than fury did upper cutting his own face.

Comment

Working...
                      X