No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mares or Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
    Rigo couldn't shut out a shot to hell Cordoba.
    and mares got taken out in 1 by a past prime, shopworn gonzalez.....

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Nishioka KTFO Jhonny
      ^^^^^nishioka >>>>>>>> gonzalez

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
        Getting caught in the 1st round doesn't really say much. I think it's worse to get dominated over 12 rounds because it shows who the better fighter is. Is gonzalez really better than Mares? can you absolutely have a solid answer? Probably not. Rigondeaux clearly beat Donaire so you can say Rigondeaux is better than Donaire.

He caught him cold with a good counter left hook. If they fought again I would make Mares a favorite again. It happens.
        Adonis Stevenson was caught cold by Boone in the second round of their first fight, but he sparked him in the sixth the next time they fought. Flukes happen.

Do I agree Mares would beat Gonzalez next time? Not necessarily. Styles make fights and this is clear case. But I'll tell you that Mares would only have one loss on his record if he fought Donaire's resume. Can't say the same if Donaire took on his.

Comment

Nishioka KTFO Jhonny
          The same Nishi that was floored early by Gonzalez. Let's not forget that Gonzalez was already mulling retirement going into that fight along with the fact he couldn't make weight anymore. Gee, that must have been the only fighter who was KTFO in a fight they struggled to make weight for.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
            You realize Rigo would shutout Gonzales
            You do realize, I'm being sarcastic about Rigo being a hypejob? Rigo would shutout anyone from atomweight to super heavy.

I'm just referring to how garbage he was before he fought Donaire because there are delusionals in this thread that still can't accept the fact that Rigo is the only legit name on Donaire's resume. Maybe Darchinyan... even that's debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
              The same Nishi that was floored early by Gonzalez. Let's not forget that Gonzalez was already mulling retirement going into that fight along with the fact he couldn't make weight anymore. Gee, that must have been the only fighter who was KTFO in a fight they struggled to make weight for.
              Ehh he wasn't stopped from weight draining, it was a clean punch square on the chin. He was younger, and not coming off a loss, and fought on his home turf as the favorite.

Comment

You do realize, I'm being sarcastic about Rigo being a hypejob? Rigo would shutout anyone from atomweight to super heavy.
                WTF?!

Comment

Ehh he wasn't stopped from weight draining, it was a clean punch square on the chin. He was younger, and not coming off a loss, and fought on his home turf as the favorite.
                  And he was also mulling retirement and couldn't make '22 anymore, you would know this if you actually followed boxing, more specifically Gonzalez, when it happened. "When" matters in boxing.

Comment

So you honestly think Donaire's resume is better based off Gonzalez and Nishi?

Comment

And he was also mulling retirement and couldn't make '22 anymore, you would know this if you actually followed boxing, more specifically Gonzalez, when it happened. "When" matters in boxing.
                      He just said he's moving up to 130 after the Mares fight. Ready made excuse if he lost, exact same

Comment

Working...
                      X