No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mares or Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deejd View Post
    Still sad that Vasquez Jr., Mathebula, the beast Nishi, and Arce couldn't prepare Donaire for an unproven hypejob? I would be if I was swallowing Donaire, too.
    Please keep ****ting on Donaire, keep ****ting on Rigondeaux's best win, it's hilarious. Rigondeaux's best win is a guy who has a crap resume.

You do realize, I'm being sarcastic about Rigo being a hypejob? Rigo would shutout anyone from atomweight to super heavy.

I'm just referring to how garbage he was before he fought Donaire because there are delusionals in this thread that still can't accept the fact that Rigo is the only legit name on Donaire's resume. Maybe Darchinyan... even that's debatable.
    Look closely kids, this is what a nuthugger looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Please keep ****ting on Donaire, keep ****ting on Rigondeaux's best win, it's hilarious. Rigondeaux's best win is a guy who has a crap resume.

Look closely kids, this is what a nuthugger looks like.
      Still sad that the great, proven Donaire lost to a chinny, inexperienced hypejob? I like how this is becoming about Rigo when the title of the thread is "Better resume: Mares or Donaire?" Only loonies would do that.

A nuthugger would actually think Donaire has a better resume than Mares. Plain and simple, kids.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Cliches are the best you can do. Vic was undefeated and feared when KTFOed Montiel was not prime, granted, but was #1 ranked, coming off a major win. Mares had major issues with washed up Vic who had a losing record at the weight, and no good wins. That's the closest he came to having a good win at 118, some had him winning.

Moreno has 0 track record at 122, and really was a bit overranked himself. Kinda like Montiel, but without an excellent recent win like Hase, or belts in 3 divisions including the one where the fight was contested.
        Man, I wish Shane Mosley had 0 track record when he skipped weight classes. Armstrong, too. And Mayweather whenever he jumped weights.

Anyway, because you're bigging up Montiel [I guess claiming he and Vic were his best wins] and have nothing else to show for Donaire, I can't take you seriously.

Comment

Man, I wish Shane Mosley had 0 track record when he skipped weight classes. Armstrong, too. And Mayweather whenever he jumped weights.

Anyway, because you're bigging up Montiel [I guess claiming he and Vic were his best wins] and have nothing else to show for Donaire, I can't take you seriously.
          Weak. I compared 2 Donaire "p4p" wins to Mares 1. Donaire's come out ahead. He beats him on both depth and quality.

I keep giving you examples, you keep throwing back cliches and butthurt.

Comment

quick breakdown...

donaire

current champs beaten: darchinyan, montiel, narvaez (fought narvaez at 118), mathebula

former champs beaten: nishioka, arce, sydorenko, vazquez jr

future champs beaten: hernan marquez (fought hernan at 115), mthalane

*both guys won world titles at flyweight less than a year after losing to donaire..mthalane is still IBF flyweight world champ..

TOTAL: beaten 10 current, former and future world champs...

achievements:

- legitimate 3 weight world champ (IBF flyweight, WBC/WBO bantamweight, and WBO/IBF/Ring super bantamweight)

- fighter of the year 2012

- became a unified champ twice (first at bantamweight and again at super bantamweight)

- his stoppage win against darchinyan was named upset of the year by ring magazine (donaire still remains the only person to stop darchinyan)

- never been knocked down or stopped as a pro despite fighting the hardest punchers from 112-122 (darchinyan, montiel, hernan marquez, nishioka, vazquez jr)

-----------------

mares

current champs beaten: agbeko (mares should have been disqualified for the amount of lowblows thrown and landed), moreno (fought moreno at 122), ponce de leon

former champs beaten: morel, darchinyan (i think he vacated his super flyweight titles before facing mares?)

TOTAL: beaten 5 current and former world champs...

achievements:

- won the super six bantamweight tourney (but didn't fight the #1 ranked guy...fernando montiel was the #1 ranked guy at bantamweight at the time after KO'ing WBC champ, hasegawa),

- 3 weight world champ (his 122 belt was won at a catchweight of 120lbs against eric morel who wasn't ranked at 122...therefore his 122 belt is paper)

-----------------

CONCLUSION:
            donaire has the better resume...and has had the better career thus far..
            Last edited by Bermuda; 08-26-2013, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
              Getting caught in the 1st round doesn't really say much. I think it's worse to get dominated over 12 rounds because it shows who the better fighter is. Is gonzalez really better than Mares? can you absolutely have a solid answer? Probably not. Rigondeaux clearly beat Donaire so you can say Rigondeaux is better than Donaire.

He caught him cold with a good counter left hook. If they fought again I would make Mares a favorite again. It happens.
              That's why I'm not interested with Donaire vs Mares coz I know it's an easy KO via Left hook for Donaire! J Gonzales Proved it!

Donaire picked a more skillfull opponent in Rigo! But gets over confident and didn't study him! He'll be back & finish Rigo's Azz!

Mares was Cracked by almost shot Gonzales! A Fighter Koed by Penalosa on 2007. Mares was all GBP HYPE! Top 10 P4P my AZZ!

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                It's easily donaire because he beat/fought more current, former and future world champs and he is a LEGIT 3 weight world champ whereas mares is only a two weight world champ because his campaign at 122 was laughable. Plus donaire has unified titles twice, once at bantamweight (WBC and WBO) and again at super bantamweight (WBO, IBF and Ring)...but of course I expect alot of ppl to heavily favor mares because "**** donaire"....
                Of course you pick Donaire. Youre the biggest racist living up to the "all chinos stick together" type. How dare you even accuse anyone else...

Settle it like this. **** all this other paper **** youre so infatuated with. Who is a badder group...

Narvaez-Wv2-Arce-mthlane

Agbekox2-yohhny perez-darchinyan-moreno

Thats all you need yo know about who is laughable. Rule of thumb, if theyre a pac stan they probably dont know wtf theyre arguing about.sad your vote counts as much as mine really.

Comment

Bump...............

Comment

:0

This serious?

Comment

• I'm a huge Mares fan but even I know Donaire's resume is much deeper and accomplished than Abner's right now.

Agbeko x2, Vic, and PDL were good wins but his best win was Chemito Moreno… the only thing that screws up that win is the fact that it happened at the wrong weight class at the time. Moreno had to go up to 122 and following his loss to Mares he moved back down to 118 were he continued to reign supreme until his most recent dethroning.

Comment

Working...
                      X