No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mares or Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deejd View Post
    So you honestly think Donaire's resume is better based off Gonzalez and Nishi?
    No but you just put down the Nishioka win as insignificant, and he stopped the guy who ended Mares' undefeated streak.

I think Donaire's resume is better cause it's deeper, while being more dominant. Thoug Mares had almost caught up on depth, almost

Comment

For the record -- after Agbeko was robbed in the first fight, I was saying Donaire would spark Mares. Would pick Donaire 10/10 times via KO to beat Mares regardless of the Gonzalez outcome.

But solely from a resume perspective, Mares' is better than Donaire's. Doesn't mean Mares is a better fighter, just simply shows that he was willing to face the best where Donaire just coasted. Would be interesting to see how Donaire would have taken that hook from Gonzalez because in April, a chinny hypejob seemed to have Donaire on his bicycle. Chinny hypejob is much smaller than Gonzalez and doesn't boast 8 first round KO's........

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        He just said he's moving up to 130 after the Mares fight. Ready made excuse if he lost, exact same
        He lost to PDL and stayed at '26. You just started watching boxing, it's okay.

Comment

I voted Mares just now, yes even after getting knocked the fk out i think his resume is better, BUT i think Donaire sparks him Gonzales style but his resume which was the question is quite more impressive to me.

Comment

No but you just put down the Nishioka win as insignificant, and he stopped the guy who ended Mares' undefeated streak.

I think Donaire's resume is better cause it's deeper, while being more dominant. Thoug Mares had almost caught up on depth, almost
            If beating 2012 Nishi is impressive, Mares is top 3 p4p. Couldn't care less about quantity -- quality rules. And Rigo proved that.

Comment

He lost to PDL and stayed at '26. You just started watching boxing, it's okay.
              He just said he's moving to 130 3 days ago, look it up. That means a weight drained Jhonny KO1 Mares, and Nishi KO3 weight drained Jhonny

Comment

If beating 2012 Nishi is impressive, Mares is top 3 p4p. Couldn't care less about quantity -- quality rules. And Rigo proved that.
                And where's the quality? Donaire beat 2 fringe p4pers, Mares beat 1 who moved up for that fight, and promptly back down. Count the number of former, current, future world champ opponents. It's not even close.

Comment

He just said he's moving to 130 3 days ago, look it up. That means a weight drained Jhonny KO1 Mares, and Nishi KO3 weight drained Jhonny
                  Guess what, weight drained Jhonny floored 2012 Beast Nishi early eight or nine years ago... just so happens that Nishi was able to escape the round.

You heard him last night in the post-fight, he went for the finish. Maybe Mares recovers and stops gassed Jhonny if the ref gives him a the opportunity to get to his stool, but he wasn't granted that opportunity.

Comment

And where's the quality? Donaire beat 2 fringe p4pers, Mares beat 1 who moved up for that fight, and promptly back down. Count the number of former, current, future world champ opponents. It's not even close.
                    More important than whom is when. If you can't comprehend, then I can't help you.

Comment

More important than whom is when. If you can't comprehend, then I can't help you.
                      Cliches are the best you can do. Vic was undefeated and feared when KTFOed Montiel was not prime, granted, but was #1 ranked, coming off a major win. Mares had major issues with washed up Vic who had a losing record at the weight, and no good wins. That's the closest he came to having a good win at 118, some had him winning.

Moreno has 0 track record at 122, and really was a bit overranked himself. Kinda like Montiel, but without an excellent recent win like Hase, or belts in 3 divisions including the one where the fight was contested.

Comment

Working...
                      X