Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy Morrison Update - 8/26/13 - New article added - Mother says he's dying of AIDS.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
    If you watch his Maury Povich interviews on Youtube when he first got it he was in complete acceptance. Most people think he's been on the medication since he got it.

Here's the first part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmKj8RBlNAc

Hmm. Well, I think he believed he was sick, no doubt. But when he claimed he was cured a few years ago....and also, don't forget he had two children after his diagnosis.....and neither one tested positive, last I heard.....I think that gave him false hope and he gave up the accepted treatment/meds and went with unconventional methods.

So, maybe "denial" is the wrong word. Maybe it was just his spirit as a fighter that made him think he could knock out H.I.V./AIDS the way he had so many opponents. Either way, it's a sad tale.

Comment

Damn, Sorry champ, sorry.

Comment

This story would've had a much happier ending had Tommy just accepted his illness and sought the proper care and medical professional to guide him in administering that care.

****ed up story all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          It's crazy that Morrison and his wife still deny that he has AIDS. Is it because they don't wanna face the fact that he caught it by either cheating or injecting drugs with a contaminated syringe?
          Morrison was banging everything that walked following rocky & his moderate success in boxing. Barebacking every stray girl is rolling a dice....

Comment

What a horribly sad end for a once powerful man and specimen. There are no 'supermen'.

Comment

Man this sucks.

If he has antibodies of the HIV virus, I don't see why he wouldn't have it.

This news really saddens me, I can semi relate in the sense of having your health taken away from you.

Whatever happens, I hope he goes painless.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                Morrison was banging everything that walked following rocky & his moderate success in boxing. Barebacking every stray girl is rolling a dice....
                Yes, his reckless irresponsible behavior brought this upon him. Still, I feel bad for Morrison and hope he can find some peace before he perishes. I grew up watching Morrison and enjoyed watching his exciting fights - win or lose.

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                This story would've had a much happier ending had Tommy just accepted his illness and sought the proper care and medical professional to guide him in administering that care.

****ed up story all around.
                Yes, definitely. Look at Magic Johnson, he engaged in same kind of reckless whoring behavior but accepted the reality of contracting the disease and has embraced medicine and healthy living. It's almost remarkable how healthy Magic looks and how he's succeeding in life, despite the (HIV) diagnosis.

Comment

I remember back in 2009 on his personal website he was desperately selling himself as an opponent on Fight Night Round 4, he charged like $1000 and expenses to come to your house for a 4 round game of Fight Night, he even stipulated he's Tommy Morrison and you have to a be created boxer and not Ali or Tyson on it. So sad to see his decline. Can't imagine how his mum must feel.
                  Last edited by Targaryen; 08-23-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Yes, definitely. Look at Magic Johnson, he engaged in same kind of reckless whoring behavior but accepted the reality of contracting the disease and has embraced medicine and healthy living. It's almost remarkable how healthy Magic looks and how he's succeeding in life, despite the (HIV) diagnosis.
                    Precisely.

Part of me feels really bad for the guy, but another part of me feels it's a waste of sympathy because of Morrison's outright denial of the disease's existence. Forget what he's selfishly done to himself and his family, how many people who are or were struggling with their HIV diagnosis took the bait on the conspiracy theory bull**** he was peddling and likely suffered as a result of it?

That's not to say that each person shouldn't be held responsible for their own actions, but there are a lot of medically ignorant human beings out there who often fall prey to these kinds of conspiracies due to popular figures like Morrison lending them a weird kind of credibility in the first place. Ultimately the blame lies with the individual, but I still struggle with finding sympathy for a man like Morrison who had every advantage in his favor to combat this disease, yet still opted not to face up to his own mortality.

There are so many people out there struggling with terminal illness without the means to combat it who are more deserving of my sympathy. The people I feel bad for in this story are Tommy's family and fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno View Post
                      This news really saddens me, I can semi relate in the sense of having your health taken away from you.
                      Sympathies and every good wish, Fresno. Said a prayer for you when I read that. Take care.

Sincerely, Hop

Comment

Working...
                      X