No announcement yet.

Why do British boxers suck so bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by King- View Post
    I dont even feel like responding to the questioning of Kovalevs credibility again. Ive been doing it for months.
    I am being entirely scientific, I am going on the evidence alone.

You ask who Kovalev should fight to be considered really good. The answer is, someone really good.

If someone hasn't fought anyone really good, they could just the next Jeff Lacey, waiting to get blown away.

I go on evidence. Once the evidence is there, the tag of really good applies, not before. You can go on an assembly of KOs over mediocre to middling opps, that is your right. But then yours is not an evidence based answer, its largely speculation.

And when Kov does take apart the top contenders then I will like you say hes really good, but based on evidence not circumspect. And you may well have been right all along, but guessing you are right isn't the same as knowing its true.

I'm going to ingore the part of your post about Ward because who the hell would mention a SMW on a LHW thread? Kov probably cant even make SMW., and Ward wont go up to LH anytime soon.
    Last edited by DreamFighter; 08-18-2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• To the clown desperately trying to save face offering the few and far between examples of American heavies trumping Euro ones... Helenius BEAT Chisora you fool! And Chisora is British as well!

Name one decent HW in the US atm, extant ones, not prospects like Wilder, besides Tony Thompson? Nothing! Pretty sad when your best HW at this time that would pose any threat to Klitschko whatsoever is almost a pensioner!

In the 90's Britain had Lennox Lewis! Today they have David Haye! What US fighter is of this calibre now???

Comment

• wORK ETHIC?

Comment

• Legend in the making.....best fighter out of Britain, this man has what it takes to be a champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
            The US has been beaten out of boxing? That's a pretty unsubstantiated claim considering that 7 or 8 of the top 15 p4p fighters in the world are Americans.
            This very site has only 2 in the top 10, ESPN only has 3 in the top 15. So where are you getting the 7 or 8 out of? The US basically has Ward and Mayweather, the rest are foreign fighters.

Ward aside, the US champs are mostly at 147 and 140 and Matthysse is about to clean up 140.

European Heavyweights are softer than baby ****. As mediocre as the current Americans are they would take over the division if the Klitschkos left today.
            Which US fighter is going to take over the HW division? They don't even want to fight each other let alone overseas contenders.

Comment

• Dey don't doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
                Dey don't doe.
                This. Brits are underrated, they are a few fighters away from dominating the sport, and deservedly so, considering it's the motherland of the sport.

Comment

• There are still a lot of good supermiddleweights, starting with Froch.

Comment

• People on this forum are always tripping. Britain at the moment is one of the strongest boxing nations in the world. Haye, Froch, HW contenders like Price and Fury, Hatton was one of the biggest fighters in the last 10 years, calzaghe wasnt too long ago, Barker just won a title, guys like Macklin and Murray are world class contenders..

Comment

• I'm not even British, I'm a colonial from Aus lol. But I'm glad to see it is clear for most on the thread. Britain is rocking at boxing! America is not.

Propaganda thread imo!

Comment

Working...
                      X