No announcement yet.

Why do British boxers suck so bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I don't think Calzaghe gets the sort of credit that he deserves around here, the guy is a genius with his slickness in around the ring. I really do miss him been around because I have no doubt that he would have box around Kov.
    how is that? calzaghe has never faced a puncher in his prime like kovalev

on topic: I found it especially hilarious how the commentators were referring to buckland as a big puncher, I LOL'd so hard

I didn't expect cleverly's chin to hold up but he was outboxed and outlanded as well which did come as a surprise to me...this isn't just about chinny brits...it seems the ones who decide to keep their domestic trainers don't improve either

Comment

Originally posted by Master Barrera View Post
      They've always sucked tbh. Nigel Benn is a legend over there but he's basically the black guy version of Michael Katsidis.
      Talking ****

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
        Well uh, you got Lennox Lewis, and that one racist guy who fought Marvin Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          You're a ****ing idiot if there ever was one. This website just attracts Euro trash trolls these past couple years - they must recruit you losers off the bread line.

The US has been beaten out of boxing? That's a pretty unsubstantiated claim considering that 7 or 8 of the top 15 p4p fighters in the world are Americans.

In regard to the HW division the European HW's are just as bad as the Americans outside of the Klitschko brothers.

When Tony Thompson beats down Kubrat Pulev who will be the next Euro HW to get propped up as the heir apparent?

I remember when it was Dimitrenko - then he got beat down my a midget American.

Then it was Robert Helenius - then he got beaten up by Fat Boy Chisora.

Then it was David Price - the great white hope - 2nd coming of Lennox - knocked out by an American.

European Heavyweights are softer than baby ****. As mediocre as the current Americans are they would take over the division if the Klitschkos left today.

Well maybe not all 4 belts since Europeans like to hoard their belts and take on underserving challengers in lieu of facing Americans.
          Povetkin
          Haye
          Pulev
          Adamek
          Fury
          Helenius
          Chisora

America wouldn't take over the HW division at all.

Comment

It's genetic. I took a British lit class in undergrad.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

Mikey Garcia, Gary Russell Jr, Diego Magdaleno, Adrien Broner, Terence Crawford, Danny Garcia, Mike Alvarado, Lamont Peterson, Zab Judah, Brandon Rios, Floyd Mayweather, Tim Bradley, Devon Alexander, Victor Ortiz, Josesito Lopez, Robert Guerrero, Keith Thurman, Austin Trout, Ishe Smith, Demetrius Andrade, Peter Quillin, Andre Ward, Chad Dawson, Bernard Hopkins, Tavoris Cloud.

The US still has P4P the best boxers in the world at the moment.

Really? Because of all those listed, only Ward and Mayweather are among them (I don't give any credence to whatever silly P4P list Ring magazine is fronting these days, so don't bother citing that.)

And @ that list. The fact that you think including the likes Zab Judah, Josesito Lopez and Victor Ortiz supports your argument is pretty hilarious.
              Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 08-18-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Man you guys are crazy. Lock this stupid thread. Cleverly is a good fighter, has he been protected? Yes. Has he fought anyone the level of Kovalev? No. BUT what peopel are failing to realize is Cleverly beats probably every LHW out there except for maybe 5-8, max. Kovalev is THAT good and this thread is stupid becasue if you thought Cleverly would win then you're a fool, straight up. Anybody with half a boxing brain who has been foloowing both fighters the past 1.5 years knew Kovalev was going to run through Cleverly. Has nothing to do with him being Welsh or from the UK, fact of the matter is KOvalev will do that to almost ANY boxer alive today.

Hate when people say this stupid "he was exposed/hypejob" after an undefeated fighter loses...... There was no hype for him in this match, most people thought he would lose and there was absolutey nothing he could of done different, Kovalev is simply the better fighter and he's a matchup nightmare for any one.

I'd choose Cleverly to beat Shumenov, Cloud and Pascal

Comment

What Cleverly ran into last night was a human wrecking ball. That could have happened to any fighter in the division. Someone will eventually comes along and to that to Kovalev. This is how the sport rolls

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                    Man you guys are crazy. Lock this stupid thread. Cleverly is a good fighter, has he been protected? Yes. Has he fought anyone the level of Kovalev? No. BUT what peopel are failing to realize is Cleverly beats probably every LHW out there except for maybe 5-8, max. Kovalev is THAT good and this thread is stupid becasue if you thought Cleverly would win then you're a fool, straight up. Anybody with half a boxing brain who has been foloowing both fighters the past 1.5 years knew Kovalev was going to run through Cleverly. Has nothing to do with him being Welsh or from the UK, fact of the matter is KOvalev will do that to almost ANY boxer alive today.

Hate when people say this stupid "he was exposed/hypejob" after an undefeated fighter loses...... There was no hype for him in this match, most people thought he would lose and there was absolutey nothing he could of done different, Kovalev is simply the better fighter and he's a matchup nightmare for any one.
                    Nath has beaten no one at world level (so its not known if he is good yet), and was destroyed by a guy who has beaten only one really good guy (so no one knows if Kov is very good yet) so its fair to say that Clev is very overated, Kov is still not tested at top level.

I am not sure how one arrives at both Kov and Clev being really good from the evidence on offer. Future will tell us when they both develop and step up regularly rather than one off top fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                      Nath has beaten no one at world level (so its not known if he is good yet), and was destroyed by a guy who has beaten only one really good guy (so no one knows if Kov is very good yet) so its fair to say that Clev is very overated, Kov is still not tested at top level.

I am not sure how one arrives at both Kov and Clev being really good from the evidence on offer. Future will tell us when they both develop and step up regularly rather than one off top fights.
                      I dont even feel like responding to the questioning of Kovalevs credibility again. Ive been doing it for months. Let me just tell you taht if you cant look at Kovalev and see he is the real deal then you just don't know boxing, period. IMO.

How do we not know if Kovalev is not very good yet? hes only had 22 fights and his first real STEP UP was campillo and he demolished him just like clverly. Campillo beat Cloud, Shumenov and Murat- Cloud and Shumenov were champions and got outlcassed badly by Campillo. His next step up was Cleverly and he just demolished him....... Are you serious? How many fighters are left for him to "test himself to see if hes very good"

Cloud? the guy who lost to campillo?
                      Pascal?
                      who does kovalev have to fight to prove he is very good??? (he WILL fight them, whoever it is) but the point im making is there isnt many people ahead of him in the division now. The only person who is there who could prove kovalev is P4P if he beats him is Ward - and if you think a guy has to beat Andre ward to be able to say "oh well this guy is good!" then you're an idiot becasue Ward is one of the absolute best in the sport and in the 1% of legitimate world class, absolute elite of the elite boxers....

The only person Kovalev could "step up" against is Ward and maybe HOpkins...... Cloud, Pascal, Shumenov all of these guys are on Cleverlys level and they have all lost so I am mind boggled as to how you think beating any of those guys would somehow further solidify him being very good

Silly post IMO

Im not saying those guys wont be good victories for KOvalev- what im saying is your conclusion that kovalev isnt very good yet because of who is fought is absolutey ridiculous considering the only other ranked top 10 fighters (besides hopkins) in his division have all lost to guys well below Kovalevs level..... so what does that make them? not good either? so how could beating them somehow prove finally "kovalev is good"? Is Andre ward the only guy kovalev can beat to able to say that hes good in your opinion?

again very silly post IMO. i just dont understand some people here....
                      Last edited by King_; 08-18-2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X