No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Stevens Deal Reached For November 2nd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T18Z View Post
    Same Macklin who practically beat Sturm and gave Martinez hell? I'm sorry, but Geale and Barker looked like **** in that fight, neither impressed me, the only good part is Barker managing to survive a body shot.

I'd still pick Macklin to beat both.
    Martinez didn't exactly have an easy time with Barker up until the KO. Much like the Macklin fight.

Comment

• nice fight -- Stevens a clear underdog but has the proverbial puncher's chance

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
        I keep thinking you guys are talking about Stevenson (as in the guy who annihilated Chad Dawson).

I get excited thinking this is a great fight, but then I realize you guys are talking about that worthless bum curtis stevens.
        Bahaha bro i think a lot of ppl reading it think it's Adonis Stevenson, but yes you are unfortunately right, it is "that worthless bum curtis stevens"

Comment

• People are acting like Golovkin is about to murder Stevens in the ring. Golovkin put on a world class beat down on Rosado and he was back in the ring a few months later holding his own. It's the sport of boxing, not an ancient roman colosseum. Besides, Stevens is from Brooklyn. I'm sure he's had to deal with a lot worst walking the streets of Brooklyn than someone hitting him with boxing gloves.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
            GGG can make quick work of as many fringe contenders as he wants. Until he starts fighting top guys, or even legit contenders for that manner. He'll be nothing but unjustified hype.
            Uh, "as he wants" is where you're wrong. Who should he fight? ____ who is probably currently ducking him, right? GGG is fighting like 4-5 times a year, saying he'll fight anyone, and knocking everyone he does fight out, and people are still complaining. I honestly can't believe this ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by BabyFaceAssasin View Post
              Lmao wtf?? Is this becoming eh greatest year in boxing or what?? I might end up in NY for this ****...
              Yeah, so much for "boxing dying". This has been one of the best years for boxing I can remember in a long time. So many great fights to watch...maybe the promo split between Showtime and HBO is actually a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
                Interesting but it wont last 3 rounds.
                I agree, Stevens via KO in 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
                  this looks like a strategic move by HBO to get the Main Events stable (Kovalev, Stevens, Tomasz Adamek, a few others) back on their network. I don't think Stevens has done enough to deserve a title shot frankly, but on the bright side I think he'd stand a better chance than would Darren Barker.
                  Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  Stevenson was moving up from 168 when he starched Dawson and sys he can still make that weight. He and GGG at 168 is an excellent fight, IMO. Much more interesting than this Stevens garbage.
                  I would love to see that fight. Stevenson looked huge against Dawson, wonder what his weight was on fight night? 190?

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                    Uh, "as he wants" is where you're wrong. Who should he fight? ____ who is probably currently ducking him, right? GGG is fighting like 4-5 times a year, saying he'll fight anyone, and knocking everyone he does fight out, and people are still complaining. I honestly can't believe this ****.
                    If GGG can't get any of the world's top middleweights in the ring, he needs to go to a division wherethe top fighters will fight him. Its not a complicated or new concept. There was a day when the top jr featherweights named "Bones" Adams and Paulie Ayala weren't interested in fighting a filipino kid named Manny Pacquaio. Pac took his show up a division and stopped the featherweight champ named Marco Antonio Barrera. There was a jr welterweight named Floyd Mayweather that the then jr welterweight champ Ricky Hatton claimed he needed a couple tune-ups before fighting and the other top jr welterweight Miguel Cotto had a romoter who claimed he was "too green" to fight Floyd. Floyd took his show to 147 and eventually 154. Just because the top guys in a division don't wanna fight you doesn't give you an excuse to fight the bum of the month.

Comment

• It's not the fight I want to see for GGG. Wish his support staff would push for those huge fights before GGG loses his prime stage.

Comment

Working...
                      X