No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: No Shot For Pacquiao , He Blew His Chance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
    AGreed. I just agree strongly with Grustler that the "deal fairness" excuse is tired.
    So what is worse, no PPV for Manny or a 50/50 deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      I find it sad that we have supposed boxing fans concerning themselves with their favourite fighters earnings and trying to defend why one should get more than the other. Fook that! I just want to see the best fight, Floyd knew it would have to be fair but wanted to and was prepared to let the fight go over it.

The testing issue around this fight was possibly the biggest white elephant in the history of the sport. It was absolute bollocks. Anyone who genuinely believes that floyd was worried about whether pac was on something or not should probably get someone to beat them round the head with a tree trunk.
      Another question of curiosity. Are Pacquiao's and Bradley's testing issues also 'white elephants'? If not, would they be if the opponents refused to take them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
        Another question of curiosity. Are Pacquiao's and Bradley's testing issues also 'white elephants'? If not, would they be if the opponents refused to take them?
        I said around that particular fight, donut. Try and comprehend and stop trying to compare onions to traffic cones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
          It doesn't matter how old he was, he was shot and had fought once in 3 years.
          So he wasn't "ancient"? Just shot, and you added his age to exaggerate your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
            Question of curiosity, how old was De La Hoya for that fight? Older than Mayweather is now?
            Pillhead drunken Oscar was 100 years old in fight years.

Comment

• Ok let me be fair.

Mayweather caused this fight not to happen by requesting crazy stances such as 100% of the PPV revenue.

Pacquiao caused this fight not to happen by turning down OST originally BEFORE Mayweather requested all of the PPV revenue.

In the end both are to blame, Bob Arum and Delahoya beef dont help it any.
              And lets not be fanboys, Manny and Floyd both were okay taking easier fights for big pay days without risking a loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
                So what is worse, no PPV for Manny or a 50/50 deal?
                Not that simple. WHen it was offered, the 50/50 was more than fair for Manny. He turned it down over PED testing and the cutoff dates. The $40 mil, no ppv deal when offered was not totally fair to Manny. For him to not earn one dollar from ppv revenue is crazy, but was more money than he could possibly expect to earn-more than 40% more than his biggest payday. I can undertsnad why he turned the 2nd one down but not the first.

Comment

I said around that particular fight, donut. Try and comprehend and stop trying to compare onions to traffic cones.
                  LOL

oh, and some people here say they lost interest with this fight, then you see threads like this still going strong.

Comment

• this is interesting... i saw the video, floyd kept his cool and spoke his truth. it was a good interview. but im still scratching my head as to why he thinks pac "blew it".

now, basing off of the criteria regarding: shane, ortiz, & cotto, all pac needs is a few wins and he should get the same opportunity they did right???? floyd fights guys coming off of wins correct? and clearly pac is perceived to be vulnerable at this stage, so the risk/reward ratio is in floyds favor.
                    so why slam the door on pac/floyd????

floyd got 5 fights on showtime... basically, pac has that window to make a case for himself so they can finally cash out & retire.

Comment

Infantile people, especially ones that resort to name calling can be pretty difficult to comprehend. Try debating like an adult to be understood.

So why this fight only and not subsequent fights?

Comment

Working...
                      X