Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Canelo will be a dead man walking come fight night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Subtlety View Post
    canelo = rigo
    donaire = floyd
    No ****ing way.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Does that holds true for all guys that fought a CW , seems abit of BS that this only happens to Canelo , when Oscar Cotto and Margarito all had to lose a higher % of bodyweight than Canelo has to , using your scientific calculation they got to have less energy than Canelo right ?
      no it applies to anyone but it's impossible to know for sure what effect it has, you could do a PhD on it and still not be 100%.

It all comes down to the individual and how hard they making their preferred weight. Canelo doesn't seem like ripped guy so maybe he can just lose two more lbs of fat but that can effect some guys too as the body is less happy releasing glycogon to break down glucose stores in glycogen and triglycerides.

The facts are that fighters ask other fighters to come down in weight because thRy believe it make them less effective. Otherwise why ask for it? So whether it's Floyd, Manny or Ward you have to expect to get less credit when making a guy come down in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
        no it applies to anyone but it's impossible to know for sure what effect it has, you could do a PhD on it and still not be 100%.

It all comes down to the individual and how hard they making their preferred weight. Canelo doesn't seem like ripped guy so maybe he can just lose two more lbs of fat but that can effect some guys too as the body is less happy releasing glycogon to break down glucose stores in glycogen and triglycerides.

The facts are that fighters ask other fighters to come down in weight because thRy believe it make them less effective. Otherwise why ask for it? So whether it's Floyd, Manny or Ward you have to expect to get less credit when making a guy come down in weight.
        I agree I don't like guys being forced to come down in weight because it often hurts the guy coming down , having said that what applys to Canelo must apply to others , so if Canelo will be weaker as you said then so must all the others be weakened .

Now on the other side of the fence if a guy makes the weight correctly meaning with proper nutrition and training and the weight is within his " personal threshold " which is a range by the way , its not a set point , then the lower weight can benefit him in both speed and endurance and he will heat up less because there is less internal bodyfat around the organs , overall a better more refined athlete .

All these things are relevant in deciding if a fighter is weight drained or not , and the only full proof way is to run a battery of tests at weighin then on fight night right before and within an hour after the fight , then you would have a comparison profile that would scientifically prove if he was weight drained or not .

Other than that the only way for outsiders with no inside information to know is to watch the fight very closely , does the guy have no snap and is pushing punches , is the CW bigger guy pushed around by the smaller guy , is his resistance to shots lower , does the guy just fade out or he is lethargic from the start , add to that any relevant information that surfaces , like Margo and diuretics , Oscar and IV fluid infusions etc etc , those are big red flags that scream weight draining , and their performances on the night showed it .

Canelo might be drained on the night , that is yet to be determined , and unless your living with him there is now way to know , the evidence right now and the weight he is says he is doing this the right way and looks to be the perfect a mth out , fighters have been losing 10-15 % of their bodyweight to make their division limits since weigh ins began , the real good trainers have it down to a fine art and it can be a huge advantage when done right .

Comment

I don't think he'll make the weight if I'm honest. I think, in the end he will purposely not make it! Mark my words. He will come in 2-3 pounds heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime 407 View Post
            At first 152lb didn't seem to bad a catchweight but now it looks as if Canelo is going to struggle to make this weight.
            Best post thus far, I didn't like Floyd's hypocrisy with regards to the cw but I always thought 2lb below the limit wasn't too bad but now that I think about it, Canelo has been on the verge of outgrowing the division for about a year now.

For a guy only 5'7 he is pretty damn big and the fact that he is almost a smw a month before fight night just goes to show 154 would have been difficult for him, let alone the extra 2lb.

Canelo will gas quicker than normal and won't be able to keep up the work rate and punching power needed to beat Floyd and the fight gets boring down the stretch, with Floyd unwilling to pull the trigger in fights.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              I don't think he'll make the weight if I'm honest. I think, in the end he will purposely not make it! Mark my words. He will come in 2-3 pounds heavy.
              I hope he does that, come in at 155lb and see the look on Floyd's face when he coughs up the fine and tsill manages to maintain the fight. But it won't happen.

Comment

I'm actually worried now. I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  If you are your a silly fck that cant read .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    If you are your a silly fck that cant read .
                    You posted that Pacquiao and Diaz were losing thirteen pounds and putting it back on in a 30 hour time span. Don't talk to me with your ******ed logic.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I'm surprised that you're worried.

Comment

Working...
                      X