Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley, overrated or underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underrated. The L he gave to Pacquiao has many folks still in disbelief.

Comment

Overrated by most.

Most people have this idea that he's a highly skilled slick counter punch which is outside the realms of reality.

He is a good fighter though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Overrated by most.

Most people have this idea that he's a highly skilled slick counter punch which is outside the realms of reality.

He is a good fighter though.
        If he's not a highly skilled slick fighter than what is he?

Yeah, he swarms opponents and turns them into dogfights, but no one's calling him the second coming of Pernell. He does everything very well, and he's "highly skilled".

Other than the Provodnikov fight, and the shot from Holt, and a few shots from Manny, I've yet to see him outclassed, EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
          If he's not a highly skilled slick fighter than what is he?

Yeah, he swarms opponents and turns them into dogfights, but no one's calling him the second coming of Pernell. He does everything very well, and he's "highly skilled".

Other than the Provodnikov fight, and the shot from Holt, and a few shots from Manny, I've yet to see him outclassed, EVER.
          He's a decently skilled fighter and certainly not slick.

Bradley's never been outclassed other than perhaps the Pacquaio fight which shows he's a good fighter, a top fighter. Which he is.

Comment

Bradley's never been outclassed other than perhaps the Pacquaio fight which shows he's a good fighter, a top fighter. Which he is.
            I don't know. When I hear "decently skilled", kinda raises a flag with me.

I think he's very slick. It's extremely hard to get inside on your man, hit him with a 3 punch combination, and roll out of the shots he's throwing back at you.

Yeah, he doesn't bounce around the ring, and always look for the counter punch, but I still find him to be a slick fighter that's effective with the style he uses.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
              I don't know. When I hear "decently skilled", kinda raises a flag with me.

I think he's very slick. It's extremely hard to get inside on your man, hit him with a 3 punch combination, and roll out of the shots he's throwing back at you.

Yeah, he doesn't bounce around the ring, and always look for the counter punch, but I still find him to be a slick fighter that's effective with the style he uses.
              To clear it up..

Bradley has skilled but he is not some slick defender,,, he can be hit,, but he has a huge will to win and great heart...

He reminds me of evander when evander was at heavy and didnt have the power of bowe, lewis, tyson and foreman,,, he was always outgunned but always found a way to win,,,,, Thats how i fell about bradley now,,, he is usually outgunned in most categories but tim still finds a way to win...

he is def an A-level fighter and is clearly a top 15 guy p4p

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                To clear it up..

Bradley has skilled but he is not some slick defender,,, he can be hit,, but he has a huge will to win and great heart...

He reminds me of evander when evander was at heavy and didnt have the power of bowe, lewis, tyson and foreman,,, he was always outgunned but always found a way to win,,,,, Thats how i fell about bradley now,,, he is usually outgunned in most categories but tim still finds a way to win...

he is def an A-level fighter and is clearly a top 15 guy p4p
                OK, he's not a slick defender, but he's cute in the ring, and he knows what he's doing. You don't have to call him slick, but I choose to.

Don't find anything wrong with that, but IMO, he's a slick fighter.

If he wasn't, he wouldn't have had the upperhand in the later stages of the fight against Pacquiao. He would've been another one of Pac's walking zombie victims by round 8-12.

Comment

I'm not a Bradley fan at all. I think he's above average. He's got solid skills, but I'll always refer to him as the guy who always used that dome as a third fist, which will always downgrade him in my book.

The Pac fight...well, I had it 7-5 for Pac. I could see how someone could have it a draw, or if someone scored it 7-5 for Bradley.

He won the Provo fight, but had to work and went to war.

He'll beat JMM, convincingly I think, thus ruining my Cotto-JMM dream matchup

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                    I'm not a Bradley fan at all. I think he's above average. He's got solid skills, but I'll always refer to him as the guy who always used that dome as a third fist, which will always downgrade him in my book.

The Pac fight...well, I had it 7-5 for Pac. I could see how someone could have it a draw, or if someone scored it 7-5 for Bradley.

He won the Provo fight, but had to work and went to war.

He'll beat JMM, convincingly I think, thus ruining my Cotto-JMM dream matchup
                    Don't say that

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      Don't say that

Get use to it papa...JMM just doesn't match up well with other boxers. He needs that come forward boxer to bring the best out of him. It' won't be a 12-0 washout that Floyd gave him, but I think it'll be a solid 8-4 fight for Bradley

Comment

Working...
                      X