Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you give Haye credit if he beats Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Was he back-pedalling around the ring trying to avoid all possibility of engaging?

Those weren't the criteria you just put up.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Oh and Im sure you can explain the subtle differences and intricacies that everyone who watched both fights happened to miss

Running, feinting, and throwing as few punches as possible. Those were his tactics in both fights.

Like I said, I can't help you if you're in denial.
    You're just hating on Haye as per usual. There's no point in me sitting down and explaining the differences to you, because you will still say the same. I get it. You don't like him. Doesn't change the fact that he stood in front of Wlad the whole fight.

He didn't run. And I love this attempt to somehow change the definition of running, so that now apparently, if you don't throw punches you are running. As if that ever made sense to anyone.

Comment

• Heck no.

David Haye doesn't even want your credit. He wants your money. He is a scam-artist.

Harrison, Chisora, Fury - easy-picking domestic boxers, in fights that came with a blaze of publicity and ****-talking.

The one time he tested himself at HW he got his ass handed to him by Wladimir. Incidentally, another fight that he whipped the boxing public into a frenzy - then got cold feet when he realised how difficult a fight against a confident Wlad would be.

David Haye is a scam artist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
        Heck no.

David Haye doesn't even want your credit. He wants your money. He is a scam-artist.

Harrison, Chisora, Fury - easy-picking domestic boxers, in fights that came with a blaze of publicity and ****-talking.

The one time he tested himself at HW he got his ass handed to him by Wladimir. Incidentally, another fight that he whipped the boxing public into a frenzy - then got cold feet when he realised how difficult a fight against a confident Wlad would be.

David Haye is a scam artist.
        I think Haye's more fan friendly than what people get him credit for. He's made quite a few open days at his gym, some in Newcastle/Manchester as well where people come and get free photos taken etc. Not many fighters these days do those things.

Just because he came up short in one fight, doesn't mean he's a scam artist. And with regards to the money.. I seem to remember Wlad fighting a fat old Jean Marc Mormeck and selling him as Mike Tyson to the German crowd. Now that's a scam.

Haye said from the start against Harrison, Chisora and now against Fury that they were shit and he'd knock them out when he wanted to.

Comment

• I don't know why people keep saying haye was running against wlad ... he didn't cover himself in glory no doubt about that but he's a small guy compared to wlad and was fighting to a strategy. Unfortunately for haye wlad was too smart/cautious to go for an all out war and open himself up for haye's counters. he stayed behind his jab and stepped back instantly or grabbed on and clinched whenever haye came forward. So haye's stategy didn't work and he ended up not looking good. if guys who have never been in the ring let alone fought a guy who outweighs you by like 40lbs can't fathom that and want to call it running then there's not much point in going around in circles trying to discuss it with them. Wlad was just too good+smart+cautious on the night for a counter puncher like haye. That's why wlad is the best in the world right now and so hard to beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
            I don't know why people keep saying haye was running against wlad ... he didn't cover himself in glory no doubt about that but he's a small guy compared to wlad and was fighting to a strategy. Unfortunately for haye wlad was too smart/cautious to go for an all out war and open himself up for haye's counters. he stayed behind his jab and stepped back instantly or grabbed on and clinched whenever haye came forward. So haye's stategy didn't work and he ended up not looking good. if guys who have never been in the ring let alone fought a guy who outweighs you by like 40lbs can't fathom that and want to call it running then there's not much point in going around in circles trying to discuss it with them. Wlad was just too good+smart+cautious on the night for a counter puncher like haye.
            Klitschko fans usually like to say Haye ran because they can't admit that Wlad didn't want to engage enough for him to get a KO. So they put the blame on Haye.

I've been waiting for two years for a clip showing Haye running against Wlad.

Still waiting...

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Klitschko fans usually like to say Haye ran because they can't admit that Wlad didn't want to engage enough for him to get a KO. So they put the blame on Haye.

I've been waiting for two years for a clip showing Haye running against Wlad.

Still waiting...
              'Running' is the wrong word; Haye fought on the back foot. Wladimir was the aggressor throughout.

Comment

• GIFSoup

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  Think this sums up the running lies.

Took 2 steps then .

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtiz View Post
                    Think this sums up the running lies.

Took 2 steps then .
                    He was incredibly negative.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      'Running' is the wrong word; Haye fought on the back foot. Wladimir was the aggressor throughout.
                      Yes it is. and that's the whole damn point. Lots of fighters fight on the backfoot. Froch fought on the backfoot vs Kessler in their first fight - did he run?

The gif you made just shows how Haye ducked a punch, nothing wrong with that?

Comment

Working...
                      X