Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you give Haye credit if he beats Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Yes it is. and that's the whole damn point. Lots of fighters fight on the backfoot. Froch fought on the backfoot vs Kessler in their first fight - did he run?

The gif you made just shows how Haye ducked a punch, nothing wrong with that?
    Please don't compare Froch-Kessler I with Haye-Klitschko. Froch was willing to fight.

IMO, the fight (H-K) changed after round 5(?), when Wladimir landed a solid straight right. After that, Haye was in survival mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Please don't compare Froch-Kessler I with Haye-Klitschko. Froch was willing to fight.

IMO, the fight (H-K) changed after round 5(?), when Wladimir landed a solid straight right. After that, Haye was in survival mode.
      I was only trying to make a point that fighting on the backfoot is not running. I certainly don't want to compare Froch's performance to Haye's.

I think rounds 1-6 were very equal if you look at them. Haye landed a solid punch in the 3rd, Wlad landed a solid punch in the 5th- other than that, from rounds 1-6 they each landed a similar amount of punches (not many) with Wlad just edging most rounds, but certainly not clearly winning each round.

From rounds 6-11 Haye looked sloppy and was slower, didn't move as well as he did in the first 6 and hardly landed anything. Round 12 was Haye's.

Comment

I was only trying to make a point that fighting on the backfoot is not running. I certainly don't want to compare Froch's performance to Haye's.

I think rounds 1-6 were very equal if you look at them. Haye landed a solid punch in the 3rd, Wlad landed a solid punch in the 5th- other than that, from rounds 1-6 they each landed a similar amount of punches (not many) with Wlad just edging most rounds, but certainly not clearly winning each round.

From rounds 6-11 Haye looked sloppy and was slower, didn't move as well as he did in the first 6 and hardly landed anything. Round 12 was Haye's.
        What the? He was the aggressor and, whether you want to believe it or not, was landing frequently. Haye felt Wladimir's power [round 5, straight right], and from that point capitulated. He gave Wladimir the second half of the fight.

Haye's 'performance' was inexcusable, really. He promised to attack and take the centre of the ring. He promised to trade. He promised a brutal early stoppage. He promised to 'save' the HW division. He and Booth said they had a 'master plan' that would neutralize Wladimir's jab. It was all a lie.

Hopefully he'll deliver in future.
        Last edited by yoz; 08-05-2013, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Key word - fighting. Froch was fighting on the backfoot. Haye wasn't. He was running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Key word - fighting. Froch was fighting on the backfoot. Haye wasn't. He was running.
            Still waiting Dirk..

Still waiting.

Comment

What the? He was the aggressor and, whether you want to believe it or not, was landing frequently. Haye felt Wladimir's power [round 5, straight right], and from that point capitulated. He gave Wladimir the second half of the fight.

Haye's 'performance' was inexcusable, really. He promised to attack and take the centre of the ring. He promised to trade. He promised a brutal early stoppage. He promised to 'save' the HW division. He and Booth said they had a 'master plan' that would neutralize Wladimir's jab. It was all a lie.

Hopefully he'll deliver in future.
              Landing frequently? He was averaging 10 punches per round (8 jabs) up until round 6? How is that landing frequently? Haye was averaging 7,5 shots per round (5 power shots). The first 6 rounds were close. Wlad just edged most rounds by a punch or two, and being the aggressor he gets false credit.

I'm still not saying Haye didn't stink the place out. I paid around £1500 to come and see him fight in Hamburg, who do you think was most pissed with Haye out of the two of us? And you can add a couple hundred pounds on a bet I made for Haye to knock him out.

Comment

• Wlad landed a dominating 11 power shots the first 6 rounds! What a monster!!

Comment

Still waiting Dirk..

Still waiting.
                  Still in denial.

It's been explained to you several times and all you can do is say "Haye didn't run". Doesn't sound like you know what you're watching. Moving backwards and not throwing punches for 12 rounds is running. Trying to land 1 big punch is not strategy against a top fighter.

Comment

Landing frequently? He was averaging 10 punches per round (8 jabs) up until round 6? How is that landing frequently? Haye was averaging 7,5 shots per round (5 power shots). The first 6 rounds were close. Wlad just edged most rounds by a punch or two, and being the aggressor he gets false credit.

I'm still not saying Haye didn't stink the place out. I paid around £1500 to come and see him fight in Hamburg, who do you think was most pissed with Haye out of the two of us? And you can add a couple hundred pounds on a bet I made for Haye to knock him out.
                    Oh dear!

Comment

Oh dear!
                      No wonder the kid is in denial

Must soften the blow that he actually thinks Haye tried to win instead of the truth which is that he robbed him blind like he does to the rest of the public.

Comment

Working...
                      X