Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you give Haye credit if he beats Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
    You'll be waiting. I think haye could have been more aggressive but he certainly wasn't running. Wlad wasn't exactly Sonny Liston in there either, he fought VERY cautiously.

he's 6'6", 250 lbs, a great jabber, and chinny.
    being cautious is his job. he's one of the best ever at HW at being cautious.

haye is a shorter, smaller power puncher. it's his job to press the action and land punches, because the balance of the rounds aren't going to him. that's if he wants to win, anyway.

that fight ****** because david haye didn't throw punches. i don't care about which direction you're moving (forward, or back) if you throw so few shots. haye really didn't pressure or come forward, if that's what your implying. he and wladimir boxed in the center of the ring, and haye didn't throw the punches and lost virtually every minute of every round.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      he's 6'6", 250 lbs, a great jabber, and chinny.
      being cautious is his job. he's one of the best ever at HW at being cautious.

haye is a shorter, smaller power puncher. it's his job to press the action and land punches, because the balance of the rounds aren't going to him. that's if he wants to win, anyway.

that fight ****** because david haye didn't throw punches. i don't care about which direction you're moving (forward, or back) if you throw so few shots. haye really didn't pressure or come forward, if that's what your implying. he and wladimir boxed in the center of the ring, and haye didn't throw the punches and lost virtually every minute of every round.
      Nobody is dis*****g that David Haye stunk the place out. But so did Wlad. It's his job to be cautious? Eh, in what world does the guy outweighing the other guy 30 pounds get to be cautious and that's OK? They both fought like they were scared simple as that. Haye had his hands by his side for long spells of the fight and Wlad didn't do anything about it.

Haye also outlanded Wlad by power shots.

But the point is, Haye didn't at any point in the fight run. That's just an excuse Klitschko fans use for Wlad not knocking him out.

Comment

• Haye didn't run now

That's basically all he did!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Haye didn't run now

That's basically all he did!
          Still waiting...

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Still waiting...
            See my previous post. You're in denial.

Comment

See my previous post. You're in denial.
              That you said he's running from round 1-12? What did that prove? I was in hamburg, I've seen the fight countless times. He was fighting on the backfoot like he does in all his fights but he didn't run. He did a lot of other ****** things like flapping around on the floor whenever Wlad leaned on him and didn't throw any punches, but he didn't run.

But I'm still happy to be proven wrong if you can just show me a clip of Haye running.

Comment

That you said he's running from round 1-12? What did that prove? I was in hamburg, I've seen the fight countless times. He was fighting on the backfoot like he does in all his fights but he didn't run. He did a lot of other ****** things like flapping around on the floor whenever Wlad leaned on him and didn't throw any punches, but he didn't run.

But I'm still happy to be proven wrong if you can just show me a clip of Haye running.

Run, run, run, feint, feint, feint, run, WILD OVERHAND RIGHT....missed, run, run, feint, feint, feint.

Genius tactics by Haye/Booth

Comment

Run, run, run, feint, feint, feint, run, WILD OVERHAND RIGHT....missed, run, run, feint, feint, feint.

Genius tactics by Haye/Booth
                  Come on Dirk.

If you want to prove a point, prove it.

Comment

Come on Dirk.

If you want to prove a point, prove it.
                    I can't help you if you're in denial.

There's a difference between boxing on the backfoot and running. Boxing on the backfoot requires you to throw punches which Haye didn't do. Therefore all he was doing was running.

Comment

• The difference is Fury won't be cautious and will let his hands go. If Fury feels Hayes power and isn't impressed, Haye is in serious trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X