Comments Thread For: Is Andre Berto Done? One Man Says No

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djinferno View Post
    dude, are you high?
    Did you watch what Broner looked like against Pauli? He barely won a fight against a mediocre JWW way past his prime with zero punching power. Bradley and Devon have been in with way better competition and I'd favor both against him.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktx View Post
      Stick a fork in him, he's well done.

Berto is just not a smart fighter. After he messed up his shoulder he just stood in front of Soto Karass and traded. How stupid is can you get? (One arm against two?) He should have started moving and using the the jab and just try to win each round on points. He had plenty time to figure this out because he hurt his shoulder in like the 3rd or 4th round.

Also doesn't say much for his corner, I think they should take some blame for his underachieving career as well.
      Most of what I heard from Virgil was encouragement which is good for keeping a boxer going, but not good for a boxer who needs to make adjustments and Berto needed to make those adjustments more then he needed encouragement. At least this time Virgil wasn't whispering.

Comment

Doubt he'll ever be a champion again, but I'd still watch him take on Broner, Ortiz or even Khan.
        His balance is awful. Any fighter that throws a lot of punches will give him fits.

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
          Did you watch what Broner looked like against Pauli? He barely won a fight against a mediocre JWW way past his prime with zero punching power. Bradley and Devon have been in with way better competition and I'd favor both against him.
          Styles make fights. Briner would crush both those guys but broner and devon will never fight because They're friends and grew up together during nationals.

Comment

He is done,, He was done before this fight.....

if ghost can hurt you and bully you then you are done at the world level...

He is basically a smaller version of jermain taylor....

actually i think he is like meldrick in about 1992,,, still got a name, and can fight,, just no punch resistance,,, his brains scramble and his chin cracked,,

I wish he would just retire, but people will blame the shoulder injury and he will continue to fight,,, he will still be able to land a ko punch, but if it doesnt land, or the guy has a chin,, berto is in trouble with any name fighter..

Comment

"I've always had a thing for Andre Berto"

That kinda sorta started awkward, Lyle. You know what they say: "Once you go black .... "

But all kidding aside, Andre appears to have the right idea by wanting to adapt better defense. It is flattering to someone named Floyd, but it's obvious he needs lots of practice to try and make it a natural part of his style.

He's definitely a good fighter who wants to put on a good performance , but something's just not clicking and he keeps coming up short.

Maybe sometime in the future he can redeem himself and perform in a great fight and win a title again.

Comment

Berto is not done yet when he gets healthy he'll bounce back strong

Comment

berto's style of boxing will never change until he stops looking for a one punch ko. if he wants to stay in the sport, he should acquire massive amounts of training on defense. such style may not attract many fans and may devalue his worth, but at least the beating and punishment he usually takes will be minimized.

Comment

Berto was a one handed fighter and Soto couldn't do anything with him. Berto Managed to drop him with a left hand to the body. When Berto heels he'll be just fine. There is no need for retirement talk.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      So basically Andre Berto is an undefeated fighter.

Against Karrass he injured his shoulder

Against Guerrero he couldn't see

And against Ortiz he kept getting knocked down

When he doesn't get punched in the face and knocked down he's undefeated.
                      lmfaaaooooo

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      andre berto is worth a lot of money. it seems like he's been quite smart with his earnings. not every boxer goes broke.
                      we've heard that story before. plenty of boxers who earned much more than berto have gone broke. from what ive seen he likes to drive fancy cars and lives the high life. berto lives by the life lifestyle flashy mantra.

he's got a name, al haymon, and he's quite beatable. He's now a top 10 p4p gate keeper in boxing.

he'll be fighting for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                      X