No announcement yet.

Khan vs Alexander 99% done. From Amir's mouth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    How many fights have been made there??How close is this one again??
    There is no guarantee that this fight is even taking place in Dubai yet. It might just end up being in the US. Doesn't mean the idea of Dubai has never come up and won't come up again. With or without Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      There is no guarantee that this fight is even taking place in Dubai yet. It might just end up being in the US. Doesn't mean the idea of Dubai has never come up and won't come up again. With or without Khan.
      At this point,Khan would make the most sense..He's popular and a Muslim..Maybe Floyd Pac would have been big over there..Imagine(let's say)Ortiz Lopez two over there..It would tank..I can understand why Khan/GBP whoever would wanna do it..Let's just not act as if it's not an advantage to Khan tho..I mean come on now..

Comment

Just a few excerpts from articles I've read

The first excerpt seems to be an opinion but the crowd will most likely be pro Khan. Take it for what it's worth.

Alexander, the reigning IBF welterweight champion, is reluctant to fight in Dubai because Khan, a British-born Muslim, would be expected to enjoy majority support.
        __________________________________________________ ______________

The Bolton star, 26, is due back in the ring on December 7 and is close to finalising a deal to take on welterweight king Alexander.

Khan, who will step up from light-welterweight for the first time, said: “We discussed Dubai and put it on the table as my preferred option to Devon.

"He wasn’t sure at first and suggested we fight in Vegas.

“But negotiations are going on right now. My dad and Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy are talking to the right people in Dubai.”

Shah Khan, who looks after his son’s business interests, is due in Dubai this week for more negotiations.

He reckons the fight is 90 per cent certain to take place in the Middle East, even though it could cause problems broadcasting the bout in the United States due to time differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Majority of fans in the crowd will be Muslims,
          How do you know the majority of the fans will be Muslim?

Dubai is very popular with people from all over Europe, Africa & Asia. I have many Irish friends living & working there. They are very likely to go to an event like this.

You've been extremely ignorant in this thread. I hope that's not the real you.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
            How do you know the majority of the fans will be Muslim?

Dubai is very popular with people from all over Europe, Africa & Asia. I have many Irish friends living & working there. They are very likely to go to an event like this.

You've been extremely ignorant in this thread. I hope that's not the real you.
            Good point, Dubai does have more diversity than given credit for. However, common sense would suggest that even with several European residents the majority of the crowd would probably be made up of Muslims. It's just a numbers game when making predictions and numbers would favor said statement. Not that there is anything wrong with it, that's just the primary religion in the region.

As for the fight, Alexander knocks him out. Book it!

Comment

Devon will show his skills in this fight. Devon is smarter than khan.

Comment

Comment

Amir should be doing everything he can NOT to make this fight. I don't think he beats Alexander and if he doesn't, he more than likely loses out on a fight w/ Floyd in Wembley. Now THAT is an event I want to see....The fight? Hmmm, not so much! Mayweather KO in 6.

Comment

khan is better than alexander.

home cooking isnt needed.

Comment

I can't believe there are people who think Dubai will be like hometown for Khan

Dubai is a worold center of trading and entertainment , hosts a lot of entertainment events like concerts , matches , ....

Native arab people of United Arab Emirates "UAE" are minority in Dubai , and pakistani people in dubai are poor enough not to be interested in such hiso sports like Boxing,tennis

Their popular sport is creckit , and they don't leave their countries and work like slaves for construction to waste their money in such luxury of attending boxing match

Most of the crowd will be multinational , i expect alot of americans and brits and few arabs who come just to support their muslim brother .

No robbery here , just UD or late K.O for khan as we all expect , boxers like Alexander or bradley have no chance against Khan .

Comment

Working...
                      X