Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does floyd last ppv proves he needs a top undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    dont think so, out of all of floyd and mannys ppvs since the DLH fight, guerrero was by far the least known opponent. (bradley, ortiz, clottey) all bigger than Ghost and still did decent, not the usual standard but decent as far as ppv goes
    A standard ppv does between 250k and 600k.. thats the standard,, thats the range for morales-barrera, morales-manny, judah-floyd, floyd-gatti, jones-tarver, serg-chavez,

Only huge blockbusters like tyson-lewis, tito-oscar do over a million,,,

for floyd to do 850k with guerrero is an amazing testament to floyd's drawing power... That is double barrera-morales

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      A standard ppv does between 250k and 600k.. thats the standard,, thats the range for morales-barrera, morales-manny, judah-floyd, floyd-gatti, jones-tarver, serg-chavez,

Only huge blockbusters like tyson-lewis, tito-oscar do over a million,,,

for floyd to do 850k with guerrero is an amazing testament to floyd's drawing power... That is double barrera-morales
      i meant the standard for floyd

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        no hating at all

it has been common knowledge, gb used canelo to help floyd get his ppv numbers, while his fans on here and himself took all the credit in terms of floyd being responsible, his last ppv, no canelo, smiler stature fighter to say ortiz and his ppv flopped to about 850k buys costing showtime on the region of 15-20m

before this, someone like pac who had terrible undercards was close to hitting floyds numbers in his prime

the next ppv will do well but garcia vs math and possibly lara vs trout? will be on it, will those 2 fights make an average ppv do good like it has done for him in the past?

does this show floyd is not the super duper draw he claims to be?

what are your thoughts, since all we have to talk about is bs at the moment due to low boxing activity
        Stacked undercard? No...but he needs an opponent who people think might have a chance to beat him. No one really gave guerrero a chance, but I did say that if he fights guerrero as a tune-up and Canelo in the fall I'd be cool with it...and he did just that. His fights all sold well regardless of undercard, it comes down to just what kind of threat people see his opponent as IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
          is that so you simple soul
          why get butthurt with the truth?

Comment

People still think undercard fights sell ppvs. Obviously the last PPV Floyd was in did poorly because Guerrero has zero fan base and it was also looked at as a one sided affair. Floyd fighting a no body is good for around 800,000 buys, its the other buys that come from a good opponent. Guerrero=zero buys, but a guy like Cotto with a good fanbase brings in that extra 500,000 and presto you get 1.3 million buys. Just like this fight will do around 1.8 million because Alvarez is good for 600 or 700,000 buys plus it is considered a challenging fight(more buys there). Adding Garcia/Lucas doesn't matter too much in numbers. People were either going to buy the ppv or not well before that fight was made.

Comment

it's funny how there a million reasons floyd isn't a draw and why those fights did the numbers they did.

but there are several ppvs that disprove it if the haters would just look up his ppv the excuses don't hold weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                why get butthurt with the truth?
                Butthurt no i find it funny you believe no Floyd fan can afford his PPV's if that makes feel better go ahead simpleton

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                  Butthurt no i find it funny you believe no Floyd fan can afford his PPV's if that makes feel better go ahead simpleton
                  read my post again, floydiot.

once in a while take off fraud's clit out of your mouth and maybe you'll learn how to comprehend.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                    read my post again, floydiot.

once in a while take off fraud's clit out of your mouth and maybe you'll learn how to comprehend.
                    ok you closet ****sexual with the we all know Floyds fan stream(because they can't afford it) but i can't comprehend

Comment

Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
                      Exactly. I commend GBP for putting Garcia-Matthysse on the card, but I think it's a bad business move, atleast in the short run. That fight would've done great as a non-PPV main event.
                      I disagree, particularly if they are looking to build up those two. they will likely put on a very entertaining fight with big exposure and possibly a big KO finish thus making the winner a known and exciting opponent for floyd's next big PPV (if he gets through Canelo)

Comment

Working...
                      X