Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does floyd last ppv proves he needs a top undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

everybody knows that majority of floyd fans only streams his fights (can't afford ppvs).

so, in order for him to be relevant he fights mostly mexicans on a mexican holiday most of the time.

Comment

When GGG,Sergio or even Canelo sells a PPV as the A-side that does over the rumored 870k then we can call it a flop. Until that time STFU and wonder why your fav fighter can't flop that well.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
        I didn't suggest that though. I just pointed out figures. It just goes to show that Mayweather isn't a draw by himself. People said he does over 1 mil with anyone he fights, and that obviously wasn't the case with Guerrero.

Sometimes a fight itself being added to a card makes it all worth while. In my case, I wasn't going to buy the Canelo/Mayweather PPV since I have means to HD streams. But with Garcia/Matthysse being added I feel the added bonus has enough grounds for a purchase.

pacquiao's waning popularity, and the impossibility of a fight finally being realized by the public [with the help of a marquez counter right hand,] have a bit to do with floyd's ppv numbers dipping.

that might sound a bit crazy and convoluted, but their fights very blatantly benefitted in ppv numbers because of the possibility of them fighting. a fight that never happened was part of the reason those fights were so big.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          There is a reason floyd is guaranteed $40 mil and Canelo $10 mil.
          Yes i agree,, Even floyds worst ppv does 300k more buys than anything else...

Hell roy jones didnt do anywhere near those numbers for his big ppvs vs ruiz and tarver

FLoyd is a draw but only because he is undefeated,, once he loses, alot of luster will go away, unlike guys like hatton or manny who fighting styles make them beloved, win or lose......

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Yes i agree,, Even floyds worst ppv does 300k more buys than anything else...

Hell roy jones didnt do anywhere near those numbers for his big ppvs vs ruiz and tarver

FLoyd is a draw but only because he is undefeated,, once he loses, alot of luster will go away, unlike guys like hatton or manny who fighting styles make them beloved, win or lose......
            I respectfully disagree. If Floyd looses the rematch most definitely will break the ppv record.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              pacquiao's waning popularity, and the impossibility of a fight finally being realized by the public [with the help of a marquez counter right hand,] have a bit to do with floyd's ppv numbers dipping.

that might sound a bit crazy and convoluted, but their fights very blatantly benefitted in ppv numbers because of the possibility of them fighting. a fight that never happened was part of the reason those fights were so big.
              I actually agree. They both benefited from each other and it's also the reason they mention each others' names when they have a PPV fight coming up. The general consensus was that the Guerrero fight was simply a shitty ass fight and the numbers showed for it. They like to blame Showtime in what they call "shitty promotion" but from what I saw it was far from it. This fight had no luster because it was a blatant cherrypick. But again, it goes to show he can't pull 1 mil with whoever he fights.
              Last edited by thuggery; 07-23-2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StarPower View Post
                I respectfully disagree. If Floyd looses the rematch most definitely will break the ppv record.
                Ok, I will give you that a rematch would be huge if he lost,,, thats a given,, Im just saying
                1. if floyd gets stopped by someone and there is no rematch
                2. floyd loses the rematch ala mosely vs forrest, winky
                His drawing power will be greatly diminished

Unlike manny who can get beat by morales, bradley and JMM,, manny's star power is still there,, just like tyson or oscar,,

Comment

dont think so, out of all of floyd and mannys ppvs since the DLH fight, guerrero was by far the least known opponent. (bradley, ortiz, clottey) all bigger than Ghost and still did decent, not the usual standard but decent as far as ppv goes

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                    everybody knows that majority of floyd fans only streams his fights (can't afford ppvs).

so, in order for him to be relevant he fights mostly mexicans on a mexican holiday most of the time.
                    is that so you simple soul

Comment

If you want to believe Showtime he did a million PPV vs a nobody but it's impossible Showtime would have the real PPV's numbers

Comment

Working...
                      X