Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does floyd last ppv proves he needs a top undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does floyd last ppv proves he needs a top undercard?

no hating at all

it has been common knowledge, gb used canelo to help floyd get his ppv numbers, while his fans on here and himself took all the credit in terms of floyd being responsible, his last ppv, no canelo, smiler stature fighter to say ortiz and his ppv flopped to about 850k buys costing showtime on the region of 15-20m

before this, someone like pac who had terrible undercards was close to hitting floyds numbers in his prime

the next ppv will do well but garcia vs math and possibly lara vs trout? will be on it, will those 2 fights make an average ppv do good like it has done for him in the past?

does this show floyd is not the super duper draw he claims to be?

what are your thoughts, since all we have to talk about is bs at the moment due to low boxing activity

Considering he generated a million more buys with Delahoya than anyone else did, no, i'd say he doesn't.

Comment

Against Canelo, no he doesn't.

And to be honest, I'm not sure how much a stacked card really contributes to PPV sales for a fight like this.

Comment

It proves Robert Guerrero has no fanbase.

Comment

If he has a good well known opponent that people think has a chance ... i.e. Canelo he'll do big numbers. If he has a no hoper that nobody has ever heard of and there is nothing much on the under-card either ... he won't do great numbers. So no, he doesn't NEED a big under-card as long as he has a decent opponent.

Comment

No, just a top opponent. I think they overestimated Floyd's ability to make money with just anyone. We knew that Guerrero isn't on the level of Floyd and I personally didn't waste my money.

Of course the Canelo fight is something different and should do very well, not as good as if Pac and Floyd had fought a few years back.

Comment

why is it before fighting delahoya floyd sold more ppvs than all of delahoyas ppv opponents?

after fighting delahoya he continues to outsell them.

but no, he's not a draw.
              Last edited by illmaticfighter; 07-23-2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

He broke 1 million buys against a nobody with no undercard backing him and a $70 price tag. Clearly his career is over.

Comment

Its pretty obvious the answer is yes

And the under card for the Guerrerro fight was very good but the main event stunk the place out

This will be no different. Awesome undercard and lame main event. This'll be lucky to break 1.3 million buys

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    Its pretty obvious the answer is yes

And the under card for the Guerrerro fight was very good but the main event stunk the place out

This will be no different. Awesome undercard and lame main event. This'll be lucky to break 1.3 million buys
                    Canelo vs Mayweather is a lame main event? What the holy ****?

Comment

Working...
                    X