No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Will Not Allow His Father To Enter Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
    You can not equate ONE round to that of the entire 11 rounds of which Chavez JR was getting battered from pillar to post like recycled pinata.

I guess you're new to this so allow me to enlighten you a little. Chavez JR has never fought a fighter close to the caliber of Martinez nor has he ever fought any fighter with similar hand speed or boxing style thus as I said style makes fights.

Arum was padding his record just so he can set him up for a major cash-out because:

A. He's the son of a legend

B. He's Mexican thus more marketability

Who may I ask has JR fought that would even prepare him for the likes of Martinez? Vanda? Waters? LMAO.

AND, lets not forget JR has a history of not preparing properly for fights just ask him why he tested positive for a banned substance long before he fought Sergio in the first place (and no I don't mean weed).
    Agree with you, but for some reason I still think a slightly better conditioned JCCJr might well KO Martinez in a rematch. Martinez is just looking shakier and shakier these days.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
      Agree with you, but for some reason I still think a slightly better conditioned JCCJr might well KO Martinez in a rematch. Martinez is just looking shakier and shakier these days.
      Now it's anyone's guess Martinez looked like stir fried **** in his last fight and it still remains to see how Chavez would look in his return.

But being out of commission, long lay-offs plus being plagued with injuries and father-time one can only speculate how this would play out for Martinez.

I talk specifically of their initial encounter.

Comment

If anything he SHOULD be take advices from his father... make him your full time trainer

Comment

Originally posted by flushuppercut View Post
          I think Pops got that dank, and its hard to resist lol :-)
          Haha lmao......

Comment

Oh i get it, JR doesn't want his DAD to be in camp ALL THE TIME. Conflicting interest so they will only see each other ONCE A WEEK...i know where you're getting at you green devil.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
              El Chumpo might have the potential be a strong Contender....
              Question is, Does He have the Desire and Will to be a Champion;
              In a Sport that Demands both Qualities?

Comment

Now it's anyone's guess Martinez looked like stir fried **** in his last fight and it still remains to see how Chavez would look in his return.

But being out of commission, long lay-offs plus being plagued with injuries and father-time one can only speculate how this would play out for Martinez.

I talk specifically of their initial encounter.
                Sergio is no longer in the Mix....Question is can this Spoiled Chump,
                handle the Bigger Fish to Fry GGG, Ward, etc. etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  I take it that you didn't see or can recall the 12th round of that fight. In that round, just as Sergio began to slow down a bit, Chavez started to come on stronger by putting his punches together, before eventually catching, badly hurting and knocking down Martinez. He almost put him away. The reason why I am stating this is because had Chavez been a lot busier with his punches much earlier and throughout most of that fight, he would have stood a better chance of stopping Martinez in that final round from just pure accumulation alone. Be that as it may, Jr's. work rate until that last round was just too low to serious threaten "Maravilla" perhaps it was due to his lack of stamina for not properly training.
                  Ya and if the Rabbit, hadn't stopped to take a ****, He'd have Beat the Tortuise....

Comment

You can not equate ONE round to that of the entire 11 rounds of which Chavez JR was getting battered from pillar to post like recycled pinata.

I guess you're new to this so allow me to enlighten you a little. Chavez JR has never fought a fighter close to the caliber of Martinez nor has he ever fought any fighter with similar hand speed or boxing style thus as I said style makes fights.

Arum was padding his record just so he can set him up for a major cash-out because:

A. He's the son of a legend

B. He's Mexican thus more marketability

Who may I ask has JR fought that would even prepare him for the likes of Martinez? Vanda? Waters? LMAO.

AND, lets not forget JR has a history of not preparing properly for fights just ask him why he tested positive for a banned substance long before he fought Sergio in the first place (and no I don't mean weed).
                    No, I have never said that Jr. was in the same league as a boxer of Sergio Martinez' caliber. Nothing could be further from the truth. Sergio is leaps and bounds ahead of him when it comes to skill and overall boxing ability.

Also, I am not equating one round from eleven rounds of which Martinez dominated. It's true Sergio was winning that fight going away. It was a blow out and wasn't even close. Likewise, there was no guarantee if properly trained, Chavez Jr, would have stopped Maravilla in that 12th round either.

Additionally, I agree that the kid lacks discipline and is used to having his way. He often gets free passes because of his father's legacy. So yes his record is padded with tomato cans.

Where we don't appear to see eye to eye on is the kid's potential. You seem to only want to focus on the fighter he is but I would like to focus on the fighter he can become. If he would only dedicate and commit himself to this sport like his father did who knows how far his career could go? He obviously has the talent but talent alone can only carry you so far. The key ingredient of any fighter is his will and it's the will that develops the skill.

In summary, all I am saying is while he was being beaten pillar to post for 11 rounds in his fight with Martinez; In spite of it all, he was yet given a window to win but didn't because he refused to prepare properly for the fight. When a fighter is serious about his physical fitness, they don't create makeshift gyms in their homes they go to real ones instead with their trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      Well whoever is in his ear giving him advice; Whether it's his father or Freddie Roach, he still has to listen and make the necessary sacrifices in order to be successful. No one can do it for him. He is going to have to want to do it for himself and nobody else because it's his livelihood. When an athlete doesn't like to train or exercise then his conditioning suffers; Which was evident in his last fight against Sergio Martinez. Had he come in fully prepared for that fight, undoubtedly he would have won probably by KO. However, since he didn't he wasn't at full-strength and lacked the necessary energy to compete at that level.
                      Could it be that the fight with Sergio, taught the pampered
                      Pretender, that this Sport Demands dedication, and WILL Power???
                      I Wonder???

Comment

Working...
                      X