Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Will Not Allow His Father To Enter Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well whoever is in his ear giving him advice; Whether it's his father or Freddie Roach, he still has to listen and make the necessary sacrifices in order to be successful. No one can do it for him. He is going to have to want to do it for himself and nobody else because it's his livelihood. When an athlete doesn't like to train or exercise then his conditioning suffers; Which was evident in his last fight against Sergio Martinez. Had he come in fully prepared for that fight, undoubtedly he would have won probably by KO. However, since he didn't he wasn't at full-strength and lacked the necessary energy to compete at that level.

Comment

His father probably rips him for being a fat, lazy, entitled pr1ck.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        Well whoever is in his ear giving him advice; Whether it's his father or Freddie Roach, he still has to listen and make the necessary sacrifices in order to be successful. No one can do it for him. He is going to have to want to do it for himself and nobody else because it's his livelihood. When an athlete doesn't like to train or exercise then his conditioning suffers; Which was evident in his last fight against Sergio Martinez. Had he come in fully prepared for that fight, undoubtedly he would have won probably by KO. However, since he didn't he wasn't at full-strength and lacked the necessary energy to compete at that level.
        Sorry dude, I don't care if Chavez JR was King Kong that night styles makes fights and Chavez JR's style was all too predictable for him to be countered and thoroughly out-boxed.

Couple this with the fact that Chavez JR was spoon fed bums from the jump of his career thus making him ill prepared for the big stage...

Comment

You hired Freddy Roach as your TRAINER for a reason. While I wold respect my father's opinion, there would never be a conflict of advice for me. My trainer's instructions supersede anything anyone else has to say to me, especially when it comes to the biggest fight of my career.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
            Sorry dude, I don't care if Chavez JR was King Kong that night styles makes fights and Chavez JR's style was all too predictable for him to be countered and thoroughly out-boxed.

Couple this with the fact that Chavez JR was spoon fed bums from the jump of his career thus making him ill prepared for the big stage...
            I take it that you didn't see or can recall the 12th round of that fight. In that round, just as Sergio began to slow down a bit, Chavez started to come on stronger by putting his punches together, before eventually catching, badly hurting and knocking down Martinez. He almost put him away. The reason why I am stating this is because had Chavez been a lot busier with his punches much earlier and throughout most of that fight, he would have stood a better chance of stopping Martinez in that final round from just pure accumulation alone. Be that as it may, Jr's. work rate until that last round was just too low to serious threaten "Maravilla" perhaps it was due to his lack of stamina for not properly training.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              Junior is pissed because Senior was zoning out with the blunt in his mouth, and that Sr wasn't doing 3 pulls and pass. #Neckingoffduringcypher
              lmao!!!! i hate when that happens my boy always be holdin up rotation

Comment

Jr is a spoiled little, lazy ass *****, even Roach was fed up with his sorry ass, if Freddy is training him again he must have put in some conditions or asked for a buttload more money.

Comment

not sure why Chavez jr catches so much hate dude may not be the most skilled but hes a fighter and warrior in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    I take it that you didn't see or can recall the 12th round of that fight. In that round, just as Sergio began to slow down a bit, Chavez started to come on stronger by putting his punches together, before eventually catching, badly hurting and knocking down Martinez. He almost put him away. The reason why I am stating this is because had Chavez been a lot busier with his punches much earlier and throughout most of that fight, he would have stood a better chance of stopping Martinez in that final round from just pure accumulation alone. Be that as it may, Jr's. work rate until that last round was just too low to serious threaten "Maravilla" perhaps it was due to his lack of stamina for not properly training.
                    You can not equate ONE round to that of the entire 11 rounds of which Chavez JR was getting battered from pillar to post like recycled pinata.

I guess you're new to this so allow me to enlighten you a little. Chavez JR has never fought a fighter close to the caliber of Martinez nor has he ever fought any fighter with similar hand speed or boxing style thus as I said style makes fights.

Arum was padding his record just so he can set him up for a major cash-out because:

A. He's the son of a legend

B. He's Mexican thus more marketability

Who may I ask has JR fought that would even prepare him for the likes of Martinez? Vanda? Waters? LMAO.

AND, lets not forget JR has a history of not preparing properly for fights just ask him why he tested positive for a banned substance long before he fought Sergio in the first place (and no I don't mean weed).

Comment

I would go with Pops over Roach any day. Of course, I'm only saying that because JCC is not my father. I probably couldn't stand him if he was. I think a small minority of fighters can make the father-son training arrangement work. Still, JCCJr has shown that he has absolutely zero respect for Freddy Roach, so he really should be looking somewhere else. I don't think Jr's career is going to last too long regardless of who he trains with though. He is such a spoiled ****, that he will never come close to living up to the potential he has.
                      Last edited by NachoMan; 07-22-2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X