Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Hatton vs Mayweather.. Hatton did pretty well compared to others....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just rewatched Hatton vs Mayweather.. Hatton did pretty well compared to others....

I think Hatton's performance in this fight is underrated... he was a bit small for Floyd in my opinion in natural weight/frame and of course the huge reach advantage Floyd had. Floyd is of course on a different level to Hatton don't get me wrong for one second but Hatton did well and to be honest fought the best fight he could, he's a better fighter than I originally thought and his footspeed was pretty damn impressive. I thought he won the first 3 rounds and round 5.
    The point deduction in round 6 really threw him off in my opinion but from then on it was Mayweather dominance. I think this fight is interesting because it shows that Pacquiao would give Floyd huge problems with his brilliant foot speed and head movement on top of it, not to mention all his other attributes.

Hatton is an underrated fighter mainly because he lost embarrassingly to floyd and manny. But other than that he gave better than he got almost every time. Hell he even dropped Collazo and beat him better than Berto did, but people crap on Hatton for some reason.

His fight with Tszyu is also an underrated showing

Comment

Ricky Hatton was a really good fighter. He could have been so much better though if he didn't get 500 lbs in between fights and drink and do drugs.

Its really impressive that he was able to win 45 fights and have a very successful career.

Comment

He did alright. The rough housing and most of all Hattons footspeed gave Floyd some early trouble but other than that it was a cake walk. Especially when Floyd started to rough Hatton up with some of his own medicine.
        Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 07-22-2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

He wasn't considered to be a Top 10 P4P fighter at the time for nothing.

Comment

Hatton was great just lost to better opposition i wish he fought marquez and mosley but he probably would have lost to both

Comment

Originally posted by chessmatch View Post
              I think Hatton's performance in this fight is underrated... he was a bit small for Floyd in my opinion in natural weight/frame and of course the huge reach advantage Floyd had. Floyd is of course on a different level to Hatton don't get me wrong for one second but Hatton did well and to be honest fought the best fight he could, he's a better fighter than I originally thought and his footspeed was pretty damn impressive. I thought he won the first 3 rounds and round 5.
              The point deduction in round 6 really threw him off in my opinion but from then on it was Mayweather dominance. I think this fight is interesting because it shows that Pacquiao would give Floyd huge problems with his brilliant foot speed and head movement on top of it, not to mention all his other attributes.
              At the time that Floyd fought Hatton, Floyd had fought 8 fights above 130. Hatton had fought all of his 30 plus fights at 140 and 147. Floyd was not bigger than Hatton. However, I give Hatton credit. His mauling, brawling style was effective for a short period of time, although I didn't give him four of the first five rounds like you did. However, Floyd had a plan B, while Hatton only knew one way to fight. Once Floyd made adjustments, it was all over but the whining, which Hatton and his team did constantly after the fight.

Comment

Hatton lost that fight when Cortez was choose as the ref. Hatton style is to come in and ruff his opponents up and work the body. Cortez wouldn't even let Hatton get close to Floyd, he wanted them to box from the outside. How the F is Hatton going to beat Floyd boxing .

Comment

The only time ricky hatton is not a probable HOF'er, small or not a top 10 p4p fighter is when posters are discussing the floyd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                    Hatton lost that fight when Cortez was choose as the ref. Hatton style is to come in and ruff his opponents up and work the body. Cortez wouldn't even let Hatton get close to Floyd, he wanted them to box from the outside. How the F is Hatton going to beat Floyd boxing .
                    He couldnt beat floyd on the inside either. floyd started roughing him up

Comment

Working...
                    X