No announcement yet.

The unintentional hilarity of Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
    Mannys declining speed couldn't possibly be because the guy is actually older, in his 30s right? I mean, everyone knows that athletes retain the speed they had in their 20s. right? Let's look at Floyd. without a doubt he has kept the same speed against Guerrero that he had against Corley. right? or did his speed decline? if it did, its pretty obvious Floyd cycled off, right??

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Its a combination of things, in my opinion. Manny got older yes, got rich (which is never good for the motivation of a boxer(, and cycled off. As a result the man is a shadow of his same self that fought Cotto.

But yeah, any time there is a guy that looks superhuman, I watch to see if he can maintain if for long, and if not, what factors were in play around the time of the decline. With pac it was the ped question, without a doubt.

As for Floyd, not saying he never juiced, and he has had decline from his prime, but its more natural seeming. Its not a drop off the cliff type decline like Manny has gone through. Plus Floyd's style helps to mask any kind of decline, so its hard to say.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
    Singsurat, Torrecampo, Marquez, Morales beat Pac without the test. Floyd the coward demanded test, no ppv share, must sign to his promotion bogus company, etc. LMAO.
    Manny was poor back when he was fighting guys like Sing and Torr.. Give me a break. There is no way he was juicing then because that ish takes cash. JMM we already know about, he probably got on that sauce to beat Pacquiao this last time, so that doesn't count. Morales is a good one though. Its hard to say with that one because Pac did look superhuman against Morales the 2nd and 3rd time and against Berrerra.. But not as superhuman as he looked against Hatton and Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
      Its a combination of things, in my opinion. Manny got older yes, got rich (which is never good for the motivation of a boxer(, and cycled off. As a result the man is a shadow of his same self that fought Cotto.

But yeah, any time there is a guy that looks superhuman, I watch to see if he can maintain if for long, and if not, what factors were in play around the time of the decline. With pac it was the ped question, without a doubt.

As for Floyd, not saying he never juiced, and he has had decline from his prime, but its more natural seeming. Its not a drop off the cliff type decline like Manny has gone through. Plus Floyd's style helps to mask any kind of decline, so its hard to say.
      I don't see this huge dropoff. Most people had him beating p4p undefeated Bradley very easily. If you look at press row, it was wider than Floyd Cotto. Then he looked great vs JMM, minus the 2 punches. Maybe it's his chin, maybe JMM much stronger, maybe perfect punches, hard to tell. But you don't say huge dropoff on the basis of 2 punches

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        I don't see this huge dropoff. Most people had him beating p4p undefeated Bradley very easily. If you look at press row, it was wider than Floyd Cotto. Then he looked great vs JMM, minus the 2 punches. Maybe it's his chin, maybe JMM much stronger, maybe perfect punches, hard to tell. But you don't say huge dropoff on the basis of 2 punches
        Physically, Manny hasn't lost a beat. Mentally, he's not quite there. Eased off on Bradley and lost his mind against Marquez.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Prime Pac ends Bradley with the quickness. Pac is a great fighter, and I agree he won the fight, but what I look at the most is output. Pac, who was such a buzz saw a few years earlier was reduced to loading up on single shots in that fight.... Some of that can be attributed to Bradley's movement, but not all.

Comment

Manny was poor back when he was fighting guys like Sing and Torr.. Give me a break. There is no way he was juicing then because that ish takes cash. JMM we already know about, he probably got on that sauce to beat Pacquiao this last time, so that doesn't count. Morales is a good one though. Its hard to say with that one because Pac did look superhuman against Morales the 2nd and 3rd time and against Berrerra.. But not as superhuman as he looked against Hatton and Cotto.
            wow, talk about hate. So pretty much every big win Pac had you discredit and he looks 'superhuman'

This is pac after the Cotto fight with a busted ear. Didn't know "SUPERHUMANS" could look like this after a fight

Comment

Prime Pac ends Bradley with the quickness. Pac is a great fighter, and I agree he won the fight, but what I look at the most is output. Pac, who was such a buzz saw a few years earlier was reduced to loading up on single shots in that fight.... Some of that can be attributed to Bradley's movement, but not all.
              Very much true. Mindset was wrong. Pressed only 30 seconds in each round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
                wow, talk about hate. So pretty much every big win Pac had you discredit and he looks 'superhuman'

This is pac after the Cotto fight with a busted ear. Didn't know "SUPERHUMANS" could look like this after a fight

I am not a hater. I bet on Pac to beat Cotto when everyone was saying Pac was too small, ect. I am not gullible either though. This is a distinction some of y'all can't claim.

He sustained damage to his ear by inviting Cotto to hook him while he laid on the ropes. It was a machismo thing. That has nothing to do with anything.

Comment

He sustained damage to his ear by inviting Cotto to hook him while he laid on the ropes. It was a machismo thing. That has nothing to do with anything.
                  There's Pacquiao's biggest weakness. Not the smartest cookie in the ring.

Comment

I am not a hater. I bet on Pac to beat Cotto when everyone was saying Pac was too small, ect. I am not gullible either though. This is a distinction some of y'all can't claim.

the thing is, when you say such things as 'SUPERHUMAN,' then what are you implying? really? You said he looks superhuman vs morales but u even took it a notch by saying 'but not AS SUPERHUMAN' as vs. Cotto.

Comment

Bradley was undefeated, legit p4p, really distinguished himself at 140, super tough. He's not an easy guy to take out even for (naturally smaller) Pac. I do agree about his lulls in activity in that fight, he seemed bored at times, wasn't threatened at all. It's the same thing as Mosley: he gave him a very convincing loss (worst loss for both guys) and people complaining he didn't knock them out quick

Comment

Working...
                      X