Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Will Face Pacquiao if He Leaves Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koncz does look like a weasel, to be fair. I don't know if there's anyone in the world I hate more than him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
      No, I am far from mad - it's called debate. Pac happened to fight other Lb 4 lb fighters - Bradley and Marquez who moved up in weight - exactly like Pac did. Was Pac any bigger than them - no. so what if they moved up from a smalled wt class; Pac did the same thig and so did floyd. It'd be one thing if he was fighting bad fighters, but Marqeuz and Bradley were both top 10 lb 4 lb fighters.
      and I was saying ur wrong about Pac being irrelevant - not fighting non-welters
      He is irrelevant in terms of asking anything from Mayweather.. Of course he's popular. He has entire nation behind him.

Pac has no leverage now that it is 2013 and losing when fighting at WW vs guys who do not fight at WW.

Comment

• Man even his fans are scared. Forget about the millions of dollars their idol is going to make. Forget how easy it would be, according to them. Haha... never seen a fanbase so scared of one fighter. lol. It's embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
          LOL @ this match up still having steam..

only a couple hrs go by and this thread has 20 pages..
          i know - but floyd fans defending the duck say Pac is "irrelevant". LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
            STILL SCARED OF PACMAN DESPITE HIS KO LOSS! trhis guy fights guys like guerrero and mosley whom cannot even draw flies, the 99% of people that buy his fights are in hopes he gets his ass knocked out and he runs boxing???????? pffffffff what a sick joke! still scared of the Pacman plain and simple no question about it dude turns down the biggest fight in boxing history to fights bums and shiat lamao excuses excuses,one excuse after the other.....
            If you think Alvarez is a bum, what the hell do you call Brandon Rios or Pac's next opponent, Mike Alvarado?

There are five fighters between 140 and 147 -- Garcia, Matthyssee, Alexander, Guerrerro and Maidana -- who would either beat Pacquaio or lose a close contest. None of these guys would stand a chance against Mayweather, just as JMM didn't stand a chance. You can keep deluding yourself into believing that Mayweather is afraid of Pac, but that is all it is -- a delusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
              Stupid.

Did ANYBODY else have to sign with Mayweather promotions to fight him?

No.

But Pacquiao does?

That's a duck move imo.
              How?

Is Mayweather not in the driver's seat after Pacquiao got put to sleep? He also has a fight coming up that is gonna smash all kinds of PPV records. Pacquiao is fighting Brandon Rios coming off a loss. I'm sure it'll be an all action fight for what it's worth, but still Pacquiao isn't riding that wave quite like he used to. Pacquiao is gonna have to bend to Mayweather's demands if he wants a big check, whereas Mayweather can make 30 fighting Danny Garcia's and Amir Khan's.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                He is irrelevant in terms of asking anything from Mayweather.. Of course he's popular. He has entire nation behind him.

Pac has no leverage now that it is 2013 and losing when fighting at WW vs guys who do not fight at WW.
                relevance is based upon popularity not wins and losses. why do u think everyone wanted to fight de la hoya even though he lost his fair share of fights? if you bring PPVs u bring leverage. and Pac v Floyd would still do WELL over 2 mil PPVs no doubt about it - bc regardless of whether its the same fight it was 3-4 yrs ago. People still want to see it and will pay to see it and ESPN will cover it, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  How?

Is Mayweather not in the driver's seat after Pacquiao got put to sleep? He also has a fight coming up that is gonna smash all kinds of PPV records. Pacquiao is fighting Brandon Rios coming off a loss. I'm sure it'll be an all action fight for what it's worth, but still Pacquiao isn't riding that wave quite like he used to. Pacquiao is gonna have to bend to Mayweather's demands if he wants a big check, whereas Mayweather can make 30 fighting Danny Garcia's and Amir Khan's.
                  no doubt - but that's the point. PAc will have to bend to the demands bc otherwise May won't take the fight. and, yes, May will make 30 mil figting garcia and/or Khan, but he'd make at least 50-60 fighting Pac bc it'd get 2 mil plus PPV at $75 - thats' 150 mil (- 75 to cable co.) plus 20 mil gate, 5 mil in sponsors, 10 mil overseas rights. thats 110 mil gross revenue and those are conservative estimates

Comment

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
                    i know - but floyd fans defending the duck say Pac is "irrelevant". LOL
                    Oh no the fight would be big then after Pac loses, like i mentioned earlier, he would become a has-been, past prime, or bum like all the others.

Floyd waited till he got old and KO'd i think will be the most used.

Comment

• Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
                      a floyd dic defender who believe canelo can whoop his arse

woah ur one of a kind sucker
                      If you say so. You on the other hand are just another tard, nothing different about you. Hating a man you dont know and letting that hate rule you

Comment

Working...
                      X